Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 04:00 PM

479 posts, read 1,434,863 times

Advertisements

For me: Denver - it's my home airport and is relatively new with a symmetrical, logical, straightforward layout. Also Minneapolis, even though it's a lot of walking to do, it's got a freaking huge mall in the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 04:12 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,728,000 times
Ummm, nope. Can't think of one.

The US airport experience is pretty miserable in every possible way.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:50 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,420,553 times
best US airport? Houston? i mean theyre pretty much all the same just the new ones are just big and modern, i want to an airport thats like their intl counterparts like Changi Airport in Singapore, or Incheon International in SK that has stuff for folks who are on a long layover

Old 02-21-2013, 08:42 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,581,120 times
I haven't been to many US airports, but I have been to Denver's. I agree, it is very nice. BUT -- I had the worst flying experience just before landing -- a HUGE amount of turbulence. Only time I almost got sick on a plane. I thought maybe the mountains had something to do with it.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:39 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
I'm kind of a homer in this department, but I'm a sucker for MSP. I could always take the train for 20 minutes, be dropped off at the terminal, and be through security relatively quickly. The only downside to the airport is lots of walking, or running, especially if you're in a hurry.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:12 AM

7,382 posts, read 12,673,025 times
SeaTac (Seattle), hands down. Beautifully remodeled, a nice food court area with a spectacular view, an easy subway system getting you to and from gates, short lines in the international customs section (compared to O'Hare and East Coast hubs), and very low risk of blizzard conditions in winter. Besides, several of the restaurants serve their excellent clam chowder in a bread bowl . And the stores carry NW-related items such as freeze-dried salmon, and American Indian artifacts (or at least they're nice replicas!). A medium-size, modern, friendly airport. Wish they were all like that...
And when you fly in and out, you get treated to a view of the Puget Sound, and Mt Rainier!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 AM

797 posts, read 1,344,622 times
( side note).............. bad memories of SeaTac !

Got discharged from the Navy and headed from Whidby Island NAS to SeaTac to fly home.

9:00AM.............ticket counter was nearly deserted.......and a ticket agent about 35 tried his darndest to ignore me,laugh at me, and ridicule me because I was in uniform. (1967)

To this day I wish I would have beaten him to a pulp and spent jail time before heading home.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:49 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,712,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
I haven't been to many US airports, but I have been to Denver's. I agree, it is very nice. BUT -- I had the worst flying experience just before landing -- a HUGE amount of turbulence. Only time I almost got sick on a plane. I thought maybe the mountains had something to do with it.
I've flown in and out of there a couple of dozen times. That can be one of the scariest airports to land and take off at. From a piloting stand point it is a simple approach, but the weather in Denver can be wicked and can change in a heartbeat. Some of the landings there can be frightening to say the least. Remember that only a few years ago a plane crashed on takeoff due to high cross-winds.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:21 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
Ontario California. Clean, modern, everyone was very nice easy to get in and easy to get out. Wasn't insane or crowded at all.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:42 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,473,128 times
Terminal 5 at Heathrow and Changi

My local airport is Denver too and whilst I don't mind it as an airport, I find it very lacking. It just doesn't feel like an international airport to me. The dining options are pretty thin and shopping is hopeless. Oh and the seats at the gates - so uncomfortable! But it is a nice one to fly into if the crosswinds aren't too strong . MSP used to be my local and I liked that too altho there was so much walking to do! And every time I went there I had to take a different route into the parking ramp. I guess 10 years of construction will do that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel