Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 01:41 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,701,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_fox13 View Post
This is not a moral thread. This is more of the safety and sanitation thread. I don't like lice, rotten teeth and STDs, cussing and farts while I am paying money to enjoy my vacation. If you are doing quite well, then good for you. Speaking of arrogance....
Homeless people are 99% of the time completely harmless and quite nice. Sanitary? Really are you laying in the same bed with them?

I'm sorry to tell you but the ocean is full of much more disgusting things than someone using it as a bathtub. You do realize that sea creatures dispel their waste into the same water that you're swimming in correct? I didn't know rotten teeth, farting, and cussing was a safety and/or sanitation hazard...that's a new one to my knowledge.

If you really just want to go on vacation to be completely oblivious as to the real world, why not just say that? Don't give some BS excuses that you're worried for your safety or sanitation because that's ridiculous and doesn't pass muster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 01:46 PM

353 posts, read 580,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
We had some friends head to Domincan Republic right after the earthquake and for me it was hard to look at their happy beachy throwing money around vacation when people on the other side of the "island" in Haiti were still digging out and suffering terribly.
That's the way the world is what can you do. Alot of these incredible resort areas we Americans go to are a stones throw over a tall gated fence into poverty and desperation. Guess what homeless people are everywhere.
I'm sure there are many resorts you can go to that don't allow regular society in.
Well, I can see your point. I grew up poor, but made my way. And that is ok. Life can change for better or worse. I understand some people struggle. But I when I work hard to save for a nice vacay, I don't really want to be sad on my trip. I see sadness on news, TV, locally etc.. etc... You know what I mean? I am just a bit sensitive to that matter and wanted to see if anyone could recommend some places.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Homeless people are 99% of the time completely harmless and quite nice. Sanitary? Really are you laying in the same bed with them?

I'm sorry to tell you but the ocean is full of much more disgusting things than someone using it as a bathtub. You do realize that sea creatures dispel their waste into the same water that you're swimming in correct? I didn't know rotten teeth, farting, and cussing was a safety and/or sanitation hazard...that's a new one to my knowledge.

If you really just want to go on vacation to be completely oblivious as to the real world, why not just say that? Don't give some BS excuses that you're worried for your safety or sanitation because that's ridiculous and doesn't pass muster.
Can you please stop? I get it where you are coming from. You do have a point. But it is not what I am really asking.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:49 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Unfortunately for the OP... wherever she goes there will be an offensive person there.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Sherri View Post
I don't think I would use the term "bum free", different people are in different situations. It just sounds cruel and judgemental.

Not to be disrepecful but maybe staying home may be in your best interest.
Ok, how about a nice way of putting it. I admit, I am very harsh on the words.
The "bums" I saw, were rude, they cussed and passed gas. They spit in a baby blue water. They weren't nice. There were drunk. That is what I would like to avoid. OK, does it make it better?

Old 02-26-2013, 01:56 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Too sensitive? I think that boat already set sail.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Unfortunately for the OP... wherever she goes there will be an offensive person there.
Of course

Old 02-26-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Too sensitive? I think that boat already set sail.
Oh, come on... I can't help it..

Old 02-26-2013, 04:49 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,349,604 times
Is this really common? High end resorts typically have "bums" hanging around? I travel frequently but I just stay at decent hotels, not high end resorts. I kind of dream of being able to afford that kind of thing eventually, but if this is true maybe I'm better off at my mid range hotels because I've never had this problem!

Old 02-26-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
Is this really common? High end resorts typically have "bums" hanging around? I travel frequently but I just stay at decent hotels, not high end resorts. I kind of dream of being able to afford that kind of thing eventually, but if this is true maybe I'm better off at my mid range hotels because I've never had this problem!
One of the incidents was in Pier House Resort , Key West. Not sure how you would rank this one. Bums were obnoxious... I thought I was going to get stoned and beaten...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel