Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 10:21 AM

28,119 posts, read 30,041,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
No, this will be our first trip. I remember you saying you've been to Barcelona. I'd appreciate any travel tips.
Well, as I said in my OP for this thread, I was absolutely blown away by the Sagrada Familia church in Barcelona. The exterior is remarkable in and of itself, and when people see the lines to get in the church, they often decide to skip it. That is a huge mistake. IMO, this church (the interior) is the most incredible, jaw-droppingly gorgeous man-made structure in the world.

In Madrid, if you enjoy art galleries, the Prado is exceptional. Some people don't care for them, but this is one of my favorite galleries in the world. We spent a couple of entire days there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 05:51 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,111,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
At the risk of going off topic ..... we rented a car for the day when we were in Auckland (pre-cruise) and drove down to Rotorua. I found driving on the left to be fine. Sure it takes a few minute to get used to it but, after that, no problem.
Driving on the left is easy, until you have to negotiate a round-about. The Rotorua Rotary sounds pretty disconcerting.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:36 PM

117 posts, read 162,542 times
Seoul, South Korea in February to visit my husband's friend who had been living there for awhile. I had read in advance that it isn't ideal to visit South Korea in the winter, but we picked that time of year because we got an amazing deal on plane tickets, and it was the Lunar New Year holiday, one of the rare times of the year when my husband's friend had a decent chunk of time off work to show us around.

We bundled up, and the cold wasn't much of a problem. It was a blast visiting a number of of cultural/historical sites, museums, markets, and trying lots of interesting new food. It's always fun experiencing a new culture. My husband and I agreed afterwards that the trip made us want to go back to Asia in the future.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:01 PM

31 posts, read 28,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
most of Utah... I really love that state and wasn't expecting it.

Los Angeles. Everyone talks about how much they hate it and how awful it is, but I love it.
Same here. I went to Zion national park as a side trip from Vegas in February. Liked it so much I went on another trip in April hitting Zion, Bryce, Capitol reef, arches, canyonlands

Some amazing scenery out there

Highway 12 (maybe it was 24?) had some pretty crazy sections where it felt like you could easily drop off the side of the road and fall 1000-2000ft

Old 05-03-2015, 08:01 PM

28,119 posts, read 30,041,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CltDanECU View Post
Highway 12 (maybe it was 24?) had some pretty crazy sections where it felt like you could easily drop off the side of the road and fall 1000-2000ft
Yeah, it's Highway 12. Named as "All-American Road" in 2002, it's 2nd on the list of the “Most Beautiful Highways in the World." I'm not sure who compiled that list, and certainly it's a subjective opinion. Still, I've never heard anyone who's taken it who hadn't been way, way, way impressed by its beauty.

By the way, which of Utah's National Parks ended up being your favorite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel