Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 01:18 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times

Advertisements

For the safest of safest places to travel to, stay away from any countries aligned with Israel, including the U.S.

South/Central America, you can't go wrong traveling there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 02:18 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivers137 View Post
What are the countries where one can travel that are safer, I mean that there is not a lot of crime, problems that the country has.
There are 195? 196? countries is the world. Might want to narrow it down?

Old 10-11-2016, 05:33 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,406,521 times
China has a relatively low crime rate which makes it safe for travelers.

Old 10-11-2016, 05:35 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
For the safest of safest places to travel to, stay away from any countries aligned with Israel, including the U.S.

South/Central America, you can't go wrong traveling there.
I disagree.

Israel has a low crime rate which makes it safe for individual travelers.

Ecuador has a problem of mugging in many places and from what I know Columbia and Brazil also have similar problems which make them not very safe for travelers.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:00 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
There are 195? 196? countries is the world. Might want to narrow it down?
195 according to the UN, but it sort of depends on who is doing the counting.

Geography nerds only need click.
How Many Countries Are There in the World in 2016? - Political Geography Now

Old 10-11-2016, 08:29 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,875,069 times
Default Latin America is Mugging Central anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I disagree.

Israel has a low crime rate which makes it safe for individual travelers.

Ecuador has a problem of mugging in many places and from what I know Columbia and Brazil also have similar problems which make them not very safe for travelers.

Cuba probably excepted, all of South America is mugging -prone, thieves and pickpockets have a field day there, and tourists are a particularly vulnerable prey. I was mugged even in comparatively safe CR !

Old 10-11-2016, 09:42 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,976,514 times
Not entirely sure I would agree that some Scandinavian countries are that 'safe' any more, especially if you are female but that said, it is all relative. What IS safe? What does that mean for anyone or you in particular?

You can have or be involved in a vehicle accident anywhere there is any form of transportation. You could run into a disease you are not immunized against. You could eat foods that are contaminated - even in the western world. And situations can change radically in short periods of time, anywhere. Today .. no riots and all is calm and peaceful in a major city .. tomorrow there could be great danger ... there might be crime, riots, terroristic acts, a train going off its tracks in the very same place that yesterday no one got hurt.

There are risks everywhere. Nowhere is 100 percent 'safe' and everywhere you will or could do run into problems you had not anticipated. YOU are what makes you safe for the most part - your awareness, your knowledge, how you conduct yourself, your luck, your preparation.

Some places though it is probably wise to avoid at some times if you are not a native there. But knowing where those might be is part of one's preparation and awareness, etc.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:48 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivers137 View Post
What are the countries where one can travel that are safer, I mean that there is not a lot of crime, problems that the country has.
Greenland.
Faroe Islands.
Gibraltar (ok, technically not a country)
Andorra.
Luxembourg.

I love lists!!!!

Old 10-11-2016, 12:52 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,976,514 times
Greenland - I am not sure it is really its own country (hard to say - it is self governing 'country' still heavily associated with Denmark apparently), though it is obviously very physically separate as a destination from any other country. There are supposedly only 160 jail cells there - and prisoners (who only have to be there from late evening to early morning and can work day jobs, spend time in the community and at home) apparently have their own keys to their cells. Unique system. They can even go hunting with guns if they are accompanied by 'guards'. It IS however probably relatively safe .. from crime anyway (though I gather that drugs and alcohol cause most of those).

Old 10-11-2016, 03:03 PM

10,560 posts, read 7,763,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Greenland ).
Iceland and Greenland are slippery. Beware!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel