Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 09:44 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times

Advertisements

Best places for me would be Cancun, Colorado, and the Florida Keys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 07:23 AM

342 posts, read 388,157 times
Lucca, Italy - beautiful walled city in Tuscany with amazing restaurants. You can bike along the wall and see amazing views of Tuscany. Had a fantastic three days here and plan to return for a few weeks at some point.

North shore of Kauai - This is the most beautiful place I've ever been. Sunsets from above Haneli Bay are the most amazing I've ever seen. The laid back atmosphere, the people, the natural beauty.

Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica - Amazing blue beach, fantastic food, white power sands. I could live here and hope to one day.

Yellowstone National Park - It really is like no other place on earth. The wild life, the diverse landscape, the geo thermal features. It's something I think everyone needs to experience at least one.

Talkeenta Alaska, tiny town on the river where you can see Mt. McKinley. Spent one of the most relaxing afternoons of my life hanging out on the beach there. It's the launch town for climbers so you get to talk to people heading for the mountain and those coming back. Ate an amazing breakfast at the Roadhouse there.

Volcano, Big Island - Seeing the lava is really cool. And the old lava, the Chain of Craters road is spectacular. Highly recommend making sure you are there at night.

Seward, Alaska - Walking along the waterfront in Seward you can see seals and puffins and bald eagles. Eagles are like pigeons up there. The mountain view is spectacular. If you can take a 8 hour cruise into the harbor you can see more whales and a glacier calving.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:03 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,975 times
Going on Safari in Africa - I could never dream that big over the things I would see.

Going back for the third time in 2018. Different areas of course.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:24 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Outside the U.S.:

Santorini, Greece - Was married there at sunset
Buenos Aires, Argentina - Went there over the summer and it was amazing. Great wine, fun people, incredible architecture
Sydney, Australia

U.S.:

Sedona, Arizona
North Georgia mountains
New York City

Planning to go to Amsterdam in the Spring. Trying to decide on a second destination such as Belgium or Germany. I'd pick Paris, but I feel like that needs to be seen with a woman.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:25 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Here are a few:

1. Munich, Germany. Both the city and the area around it are terrific to visit.

2. Sydney and the east coast of Australia.

3. The south island of New Zealand. Most spectacular natural beauty in the world.

4. Bath, England. The old Roman ruins are simply amazing.

5. Ireland. I was particularly drawn to the Purple Cliffs of Mohr, County Antrim, and Galway.

6. Maui, Hawaii. The trip on the Hana Highway is scary, but one of the most beautiful you can take.

I could go on, but I think six is enough for my favorite
Should I add Munich to my Amsterdam trip?

Old 11-26-2016, 09:54 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Should I add Munich to my Amsterdam trip?
I would. Much to see in the city and outside of it. In the city, don't miss the Glockenspiel at the Marienplatz, Englischer Gardens (park), Wittelsbach Palace, and the Augustiner Keller (an unusually large and fun beer garden). Outside the city venture to Fussen and see Neuschwanstein Castle. You could also possibly take a day trip to the Eagle's Nest (Hitler's home in the alps)

Old 11-26-2016, 10:32 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Siesta Key - Fl. Siesta Sands Condos.

How is that for specific?

Old 11-27-2016, 05:29 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Going on Safari in Africa - I could never dream that big over the things I would see.
That sounds interesting. Care to elaborate?

Old 11-27-2016, 09:19 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
That sounds interesting. Care to elaborate?
African safari is actually quite easy to do and very affordable.

Old 11-28-2016, 06:57 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
African safari is actually quite easy to do and very affordable.
Thanks for the completely unrelated response, I didn't question how easy it was or how affordable it was.

I was curious about what they saw. Everyone's experience on safaris is different and I'd be interested to hear about their experience, not a price breakdown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel