Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 06:55 PM

32 posts, read 39,381 times

Advertisements

If your favorite musician or actor very rarely meet fans publicly. Would you travel across the country to meet them for an autograph if they were only making one stop?

I'm thinking about doing it. I'm not some hyper fangirl of a boyband or anything. So I'm wondering if it's weird to fly in, get the autographs and fly back in time for the weekend to be over.

One of my friends met his favorite musician who is French. He was very lucky that the reclusive musician stopped at a festival in our state.

How far would you travel? Or would you not care enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 07:17 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,795,253 times
I have traveled to see my favorite artist preform in Atlantic City, New Orleans, Las Vegas, and Paris. For all but one of those tours she was preforming in my home area so I could have stayed close to home for the concert. When there is an artist I want to see in concert I will look to see what other cities they are preforming in first to see if a trip to that location would fit into my schedule and if it does I will try to attend that concert before I consider looking at a show closer to home.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:27 PM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
My daughter recently suggested that I take a trip to UK and be in London for a concert at Royal Albert Hall. I had mentioned that I'd like to attend a concert there and at a couple other venues around the world. Pick a concert, get tickets and schedule a few days before and after for a vacation. I might do that.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:35 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times
What else is there in the destination? I'd have no problem making it part of a larger trip if there were other things even vaguely interesting nearby.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:46 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Maastricht, Netherlands would be a nice spot for a summer evening concert in the town square.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:44 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
I've traveled to NYC (from NC) a couple of times to catch my favorite celebs.

When Hugh Jackman had a show on Broadway a couple years ago ("The River"), my best friend and I took a long weekend and went to see the show. I managed to get him to autograph my window card (I collect autographed Broadway window cards).

This past September, I went to NYC again to see Adele at MSG. I didn't attempt to get an autograph (I knew that would be ridiculously impossible), but the show was AMAZING!!

Old 02-21-2017, 07:47 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
We go to Las Vegas to see Pitbull and will be doing it again this year

Old 02-21-2017, 08:12 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Maastricht, Netherlands would be a nice spot for a summer evening concert in the town square.
So is Utrecht! For those who collect rare vinyl from the Eurpean countries, one word described the Utrecht Record Convention---jackpot! Be it British Invasion, Elvis, Rhythm and Blues, Rockabilly, or what have you, this one attracts collectors worldwide. 20 to 25 thousand people go to it. There are concerts in the area whenever they have a record show.

I would love to go to Europe and take it all in, money for me will always be an issue though.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:27 AM

2,122 posts, read 1,795,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I would love to go to Europe and take it all in, money for me will always be an issue though.
Now I will start off by saying that I don't know your situation or even where your starting point is, but I think that you may find that a trip Europe may be more attainable than you think. Depending on where you start from, Europe can be more affordable and faster to get to than some domestic destinations.

I think that people have built Europe, and I think international travel in general, to be one of those once in a life time have to save for years kind of trips. Fortunately it is becoming more affordable, especially with the arrival of low cost carriers. I will grant you that they aren't always the most comfortable plane rides, but when the results is getting to explore beautiful destinations it is worth it.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:30 AM

2,518 posts, read 5,357,944 times
In 2007 I was planning a holiday in San Francisco, and found that there was a 40th Anniversary of the Summer of Love one-day event, so I arranged my 2 week-long stay around that. While there I met a young man who'd travelled from Brazil, specifically to be there for that festival.

When working out the schedules for my American holidays I always look to see where my favourite singers and groups will be playing, and then fit them into my schedules - saw The Cowsills in NYC in 2015. Sadly, as I grow older, it's harder to find gigs and concerts I'd like to go to, because my favourites are retiring, or dying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel