Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 06:43 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times

Advertisements

Do you people get it?
The only thing that I am trying to understand are possible motives that the owner of this place would give me a hard time about a receipt in the first place, and in the second place a receipt with the cabin number on it.

If you don't have constructive answers that offer what I requested, please keep your comments to yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 07:54 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
His motive is that's not the way he runs his business. And he gets to decide how he runs his business. Not you.

If you don't like what people have to say, do yourself a favor and don't open yourself up to commentary.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
You are really still holding a grudge about this?
dang
Not really a grudge. Just looking for a reason that the motel owner might withhold a receipt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I really hate when people use that phrase. You might choose to look elsewhere. You might feel it necessary to look elsewhere. But no, you're not FORCED to. You're just posturing.
So, you hate my phrase. It doesn't provide information. He did send the receipt after I gave him the ultimatum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckeeesmom View Post
This is really old news and it is sad that it has bothered you for so many years. That being said, have you considered that the owner had a more casual way of doing business that was based on his word and, when you reserved the prime cabin by the water, fully intended on honoring that? Maybe when you started demanding the specific documentation, that he took offense to that because he felt you were questioning his word? Depending on a person's ethic someone's word is just as important as a contract and they can get offended fast if questioned. Getting specific documentation is a way of life in city environments to cover your ass but when you get out to more rural and/or smaller populated areas, it is common to encounter a more casual way of doing business.
One of the few intelligent responses to my question. Thank you. New York doesn't do business on a hand shake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Did you get the cabin you wanted?
Yes I did. The owner went out of his way to make me uncomfortable. Based on the preconceptions that his ethnic group has of my ethnic group, maybe he figured that I was in the Mafia. I noticed that when he went for his nightly dip and stared into my cabin, he stayed out of pistol range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Such a non-issue. Sounds like OP, Tonyafd, might be one of those people who work from home creating threads online. They get paid by the number of posts their thread gets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My thoughts are...who cares? Why would you even waste time thinking about this?
My time to get answers.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:31 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Tony, I have a situation somewhat similar except that I arrived with my cabin receipt with the specific cabin on the printed receipt, there was another family who arrived at the same time, with their receipt for the same cabin, except theirs was reserved first. Theirs showed a time stamp of 6 months ago, where my time on the receipt was about 4 months prior. So the receptionist treated me kind of like a purposeful interloper - the receptionist kept saying yes, you both reserved the same cabin but he had his first, can't you see that? And by the way this one was one of those deals where you pay upfront - I had fully paid for that cabin, as the other guy had too.

The problem in my case was they had no more cabins, and I was leading a family reunion of about 6 total cabins on the site. So I was without a cabin for a 4 day weekend I was hosting. And they were being snotty about it.

Finally another manager came up and managed to find an empty cabin, maybe they were holding it unofficially, whatever, and we had a suitable cabin in the end.

But here's the thing. I literally had totally and completely forgotten all about that incident until reading your thread triggered the memory. It had never crossed my mind in the last couple years since it happened.

I think maybe you should soul-search and figure out why this bothers you so much, especially considering you did get your cabin.

Old 05-07-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Tony, I have a situation somewhat similar except that I arrived with my cabin receipt with the specific cabin on the printed receipt, there was another family who arrived at the same time, with their receipt for the same cabin, except theirs was reserved first. Theirs showed a time stamp of 6 months ago, where my time on the receipt was about 4 months prior. So the receptionist treated me kind of like a purposeful interloper - the receptionist kept saying yes, you both reserved the same cabin but he had his first, can't you see that? And by the way this one was one of those deals where you pay upfront - I had fully paid for that cabin, as the other guy had too.

The problem in my case was they had no more cabins, and I was leading a family reunion of about 6 total cabins on the site. So I was without a cabin for a 4 day weekend I was hosting. And they were being snotty about it.

Finally another manager came up and managed to find an empty cabin, maybe they were holding it unofficially, whatever, and we had a suitable cabin in the end.

But here's the thing. I literally had totally and completely forgotten all about that incident until reading your thread triggered the memory. It had never crossed my mind in the last couple years since it happened.

I think maybe you should soul-search and figure out why this bothers you so much, especially considering you did get your cabin.
Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I'm glad that the owner was able to find a suitable cabin for you. My wife who is a retired attorney says that if there was an agreement specifying which cabin I would be renting there is a contract requiring specific performance.

Clara, I have a very strong sense of justice and can also tell when I am getting set up for a probable weasel deal. Bringing my kayak with sail and outriggers down and up that hill would have been very difficult and I knew the geography of that group of cabins having stayed there under different owners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel