Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 07:23 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
When we flew for WA to Hawaii there were a couple of 7-8 year old boys running up and down the isles screaming and bumping into the aisle passengers as they went.
I got up and talked to them, and then their parents and then the aircraft crew. Nothing happened.
So when they came down the aisle the next time I just put my elbow out and let them run into it.
They got hurt and quit.
Nothing more needed to be said.
What bad parents those kids had. Can’t people teach their kids manners anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 09:08 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
If you can't control where it streams then maybe you should have a seat to relieve yourself. The lav floor on some flights is like an open sewer.
That's so gross. I've never used the restroom on an airplane before, and after this post I don't think I ever will.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:37 AM

747 posts, read 840,018 times
I once had a supersized woman get ready to sit in the aisle seat next to me and said that the armrest between us will not work for her in the down position. I left it down and told her it works just fine. She was very peeved, squeezed her largess in the seat and had to be in pain the entire flight. Oh well, her choice.....

Old 06-14-2018, 09:43 AM

130,332 posts, read 12,112,869 times
On planes where they have the tv screen in the seat back, with games. I once sat in a seat & the lady behind me was playing games, with great vigor, banging the screen to chase her numbers or whatever she was playing, it was a hellish hour. They are fine if used for tv, but touch screen gaming is a disaster. I;m not sure if they are still in use.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:38 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,211,939 times
The most annoying thing to me is when the flight attendant comes around and raps your knuckles and makes you put the window shade down, so "travelers" can watch movies that they can watch at home, while they are flying over Greenland. The most amazing natural wonder Ive ever seen is hundreds of arena-sized icebergs calving off the glacier on the coast of Greenland, perfect vies under bright sunny skies. I looked up and down the plane, and I was the only passenger who saw it. Everyone else had their shade down looking at their favorite connected devices.. Earlier in the flight I saw the fjords of Norway, which were disappointing -- you couldn 't tell from the air that they were not flat.

Most of the time, you do not see anything from a plane, but when you do, it is rewarding.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:28 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
The most annoying thing to me is when the flight attendant comes around and raps your knuckles and makes you put the window shade down, so "travelers" can watch movies that they can watch at home, ...
Most of the time, you do not see anything from a plane, but when you do, it is rewarding.
Yes... becoming VERY common / peeve as the 'IT' age MUST be into their displays 100% of the time (in flight, driving... or not)

I have seen volcanoes and enjoy the islands and topography / Glacier flows of Bering Strait... but NO MORE as 'on-screen-entertainment now demands BLACK OUT windows (787 (auto shade) can be controlled by crew), I started getting BLOCKED from looking out about 4 yrs ago.

I threw my TV out in 1968, and have no use for the on-board-entertainment of violent Sci Fi wars.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:36 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
Quote:
The most annoying thing to me is when the flight attendant comes around and raps your knuckles and makes you put the window shade down, so "travelers" can watch movies that they can watch at home, while they are flying over Greenland.
It's more so that people can sleep. When I'm on a long haul flight, I prefer to sleep so that I can be rested when I arrive at my destination.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:17 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
I've had my own plane for 44 years. Go where I want when I want with whoever I want as company. Engage the autopilot and watch a movie or work a crossword puzzle. Bring aboard whatever food I fancy and as much baggage as I need. Carry a load firearm without any hassle. The airlines will never see one dime of my money.
A little bragging?

Old 06-15-2018, 05:03 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,986 times
A former friend of mine opened a bottle of nail polish and gave herself a manicure on a long flight. The staff of the airline was not at all pleased. The whole plane smelled of nail polish. I was embarrassed to be party to such nonsense.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:18 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,690,534 times
Quote:
The most annoying thing to me is when the flight attendant comes around and raps your knuckles and makes you put the window shade down, so "travelers" can watch movies that they can watch at home, while they are flying over Greenland. The most amazing natural wonder Ive ever seen is hundreds of arena-sized icebergs calving off the glacier on the coast of Greenland, perfect vies under bright sunny skies. I looked up and down the plane, and I was the only passenger who saw it. Everyone else had their shade down looking at their favorite connected devices.. Earlier in the flight I saw the fjords of Norway, which were disappointing -- you couldn 't tell from the air that they were not flat.

If one is looking outside, then Flight Attendant will not ask to put it down. Atleast this has been my experience. I am able to identify cities, landmarks and this is the most exciting part of the journey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel