Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2008, 04:46 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,912,116 times

Advertisements

I have reservations for Garden Grill lunch. I really had my heart set on some Princesses breakfast but I waited too late to finalize my travel plans.

My question is, so many people reserve for spots 190 days in advance... I am wondering if all those reservations are actually kept.

I mean I can make a reservation 190 days from now, and I have no intentions of being at WDW at that time.

There was no money or credit card to reserve... just name and phone number. I didn't even need proof of reservations to resort.

Soooo, what are the chances of someone not actually making reservations?

I was told that I could call the day before... should I wait until I am there to call the night before, just try to show up and get seated, or should I continue to call the reservation number dailiy to see if there were any cancellations?

My daughter is 8 and of course loves the princesses. To her credit she has taken this bit of disappointment well. I think I am more upset than she is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 05:05 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,314,203 times
If I read you right you are trying to get the Princess Breakfast and hoping that someone cancels so you can get it, right? If that is what you are asking, people cancel all the time. Keep calling back, daily, to see if there is an opening.

If you are asking if you made a reservation and just don't go, that happens all the time. They like you to cancel in advance so they know the spot is open but they don't charge you anything (except for a few select places where you do have to put it on a credit card--the Princess breakfast in the castle is one). If you cancel that in advance they don't charge you anything.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:49 AM

895 posts, read 4,249,467 times
I have booked Princess breakfasts the day before many times. Have you thought about trying Norway in Epcot for breakfast. We didn't get into our first choice last year and we ended up there. The food was good and I got TONS of princess photos for my girls. If you call, just tell them your open to anything and they usually find you something.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:56 PM

Thanks to both!

I will keep calling daily for Norway and the castle.

I was open to anything for the entire 6 days I am there, breakfast lunch or dinner and there were only 2 choices.. the Ohanna and Garden Grill. This is in the middle of the week before school is out of session. I was pretty surprised that everything was booked. I figured that not all those people would actually show for their reservations.

I will call daily. Thanks!

Old 04-16-2008, 09:37 PM

30 posts, read 107,810 times
Cinderella's Royal Table is either credit card guaranteed (if you are on the dining plan) or pre-paid, that said, people cancel all the time. Keep calling back and see if you can get in and good luck!!

Old 04-17-2008, 06:27 AM

If you eat dinner in the Castle, it isn't well advertised but Cinderella usually makes and appearance in the lobby. Sometimes it is easier to get a reservation there for dinner. Are you staying onsite with the free dining plan? When we ate at the castle our meal for the 5 of us would have cost over $200 if we were not on the free dining plan.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:57 PM

No, I thought hard about the dining plan. Some advised yes, others, no.

I decided against it because I am thinking my daughetr will want to get quick bite to eat at the burger grills and corn dog type items.

I know it is junk food, but we plan to have good breakfast at the buffet type breakfast.

I have a lunch reserve at Garden Grill for character meal On Tuesday... and just scored a late dinner at Princess table for the Norway Diner in
Epcot on monday night.

I am going to continue to call for an earlier meal for the Princess dinner and may skip the character lunch the next day.

I can imagine my DH balking at 2 expensive meals in a row (monday night, tues afternoon).

Hoping to score a princess breakfast reserve then I will cancel the expensive lunches and dinners and just go for the WDW version of McD's for other meals.

WDW also suggested that I call especially 3 - 4 days before my trip and then call while at WDW.
those Pricnesses breakafast reserves has to be cancelled 48 hours advance or a charge goes on your credit card.

My first reserve didn't ask for a credit card number.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:13 AM

You might want to reconsider the dining plan. Go to Disney World - The Largest Unofficial On-Line Guide to Disney World, Walt Disney World and look into the information there. The kids pay so little on the dining plan and it works out to be SO much less expensive then paying as you go. They have a children's menu available for the kids too. We saved about $1000 by using the dining plan when we went to Disney (there were 5 of us). The burger grills are included in the plan. What you can do is get a good breakfast, use your 'snacks' for mid day and then eat at a sit down restaurant in the evening for a little rest time before you do the evening at the parks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel