Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 06:24 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,796,519 times

Advertisements

I would LOVE to go to Australia, I know the husband wants to go there too!!

But, if given the chance to go to England, I would go in a second. My best friend moved there and I haven't seen her in over a year and a half.. and I am so empty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2007, 06:56 AM

409 posts, read 1,237,162 times
Europe. We have already been on cruises in the Eastern Caribbean (3x), Western Caribbean (once is enough) and Alaska.

Europe will be this year

Old 01-16-2007, 07:47 AM

338 posts, read 1,445,823 times
I would love to go to Ireland and Scotland. Also the Holy Land- see the river Jordan and step back in time to where they still herd sheep.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:33 AM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
I would like to do a Travels with Charlie thing, except it would be a travels with Alex. Buy a small vehicle we can sleep in and off we would go, my little dog and I. I have seen almost all Florida and the east coast so I would head west and north and end in Alaska. Just take my time.
I've dreamed of doing that too! I want to rent an RV, and drive across the country with my dog... keep saying "I'll do it this year", but for some reason it hasn't happened yet.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:40 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,330,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphyre View Post
My dream vacation is to actually visit all 50 states. I want to find one or two things about each state that calls to me and go visit there. Of course, money would be no object and neither would time.
Well, for starters, I finally visited Disney World for the first time at age 31!!! Although I never felt a loss at not going, I didn't realize how wonderful it was to actually go. We walked into Magic Kingdom and I looked up at Cinderella's Castle and started crying. We met Winnie the Pooh (and friends) and as I knocked my kids out of the way to leap on him, I cried. While my family all thought there was something wrong with me and tried not to look like they were with me, I cried my way through all of the parks and cried even harder at meeting all of the characters. It truly was the most wonderful experience I've ever had and I attribute it to the notion that not only was I getting to see it for the first time, I was also able to comprehend a lot more because of my age, however at the same time, I got to see it through the eyes of my children as well......wow, what an experience (I'm tearing up while I'm typing about it....yes, I'm pretty sappy).

However, back to the main topic....if I had to choose what I would consider to be a "dream" vacation, then hands down without second guessing, it would be a visit to every single state in this country. I have visited several already, but not nearly that many and not for long enough. While I knock a lot of issues we have, it does not change the fact that we do live in what is the most "free" country, we have the beauty of everything one could hope for, we have such history and our own American culture. To travel to each state would cause one to realize just what differences and similarities we have, yet we've been able to combine them as a whole. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else and I have no desire to travel anywhere else until I can experience what we have here.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:16 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Ancient Egypt. Id love to see the pyramids, Luxor, etc... one day.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:28 AM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
I am on my dream vacation right now!! Maggie Valley North Carolina, no other place in the world I'd rather be!!

Old 01-16-2007, 10:20 PM

241 posts, read 998,575 times
I would like to go on a yr long trip to Ireland. To go horseback riding all through the country would be the best for me. My birth name was McFarland and I have found out that I om only like 3rd generation here and great granny was from Ireland, or so I was told.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:20 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,376,989 times
Our "Dream Vacation" will be a cruise to the Carribian sometime in the next couple of years . I have never been on a cruise and am looking forward to it very, very much. Sea sickness? Nope, I was in the Navy for years on a Destroyer "be-bopping" all over the Western Pacific . When we do go on our cruise, I told my wife "it will definitely be PARTY TIME!!!"

Old 01-17-2007, 08:34 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,116,279 times
Ok, mine is a little weird:

I want to drive to Alaska, WITH my daughter.

It's kind of an old family "joke". A game we used to play when she was little girl in TX.

She's in college now. When she was home for Christmas we started tossing about the idea of actually doing it when she graduates.

We're both really more "train" people than car people, so it may morph into a very long train-trip instead.

For me it's less about the destination than about spending time with my daughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel