Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2008, 08:24 AM

905 posts, read 3,455,145 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone here on CDF that has toured this area? I am seriously considering a trip to Southeast Asia (SEA) in Jan or Feb. I would love to see Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Thailand. If you have been, what are some must see places? Did you go somewhere in SEA you thought were not worth the effort? While in Thailand I met other travelers who said Laos is wonderful, & beautiful. So I want to go there for sure. Likewise I hear Cambodia is beautiful as well. I am thinking flying into Vietnam and return from Thailand. I would appreciate any input!

Thxs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 01:45 PM

190 posts, read 681,211 times
Went to Vietnam a few years ago. It was fantastic. Didn't hook up with organized tours, just worked out things with cyclo drivers. We asked what they thought was interesting and local best...not tourist. Saw incredible things..like a local fish market at 4AM when the catch was brought in and the morning exercise classes out on the street. We ended up with private tours of places like Cu Chi and the Mekong Delta instead of packing it in with the crowd.
Was supposed to go to Thailand and Laos this month but the with the Bangkok airport closing the tickets got canceled.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:28 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,790,682 times
I am planning to go sometime next yr hopefully. I plan to fly into Bangkok and take trains/buses to Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. There is also a budget airline airasia.com that flies between cities in that region which I found to be good. I'm planning to do Thailand, Vietname, Cambodia, Laos, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei as part of a loop within a bigger world trip. In Indonesia I would like to make the crossing through the Sunda strait and also visit Sulaweisi as well as Komodo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel