Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 06:45 PM

502 posts, read 1,735,329 times

Advertisements

need suggestions for the following type of vacation:

3rd week of february (school vacation wk)
Hot/warm. Temps not below 70 degrees daytime - higher is fine
Amusement parks - love thrill rides especially coasters
Other "thrill" type activities great - especially motorcycle riding

Less than $2K for two people for week.

I don't want to sit on a beach, swim in ocean, or beach types of activities - one person hates water and I would rather work than sit on a beach all day.
Also been to orlando, fl the past several years and want something different.
Not crazy about the west coast as the travel time from Maine is difficult.

thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 07:18 PM

366 posts, read 1,744,391 times
I guess by posting this you already know you're are going to have a tough time coming up with anyplace that fits your description for less than 2k, 70+ daytime degrees in February and not being Orlando. If you didn't mind a beach being there (you don't have to do beach activities), you might find what you need at Daytona, but I only remember one roller coaster. Tampa has Busch Gardens. I doubt you could find a vacation on the west coast for the price and temperature anyway. You did mean February, didn't you?

Hey wait! How about Vegas? One of my favorite places to get away, and you certainly can go for a week for 2K. They have the scariest roller coaster around at the top of the Stratosphere, and they even have a kids indoor one at Circus Circus. (I know, it's too far west).

Old 03-17-2009, 09:35 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
Well, it's about 70 in Atlanta right now, and there is a Six Flags in the area. Maybe Dollywood in TN?

Old 03-17-2009, 11:10 PM

366 posts, read 1,744,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Well, it's about 70 in Atlanta right now, and there is a Six Flags in the area. Maybe Dollywood in TN?
And you know they are happy about it too. Atlanta's a great idea but I don't think it gets anywhere near that warm in February, does it?

Old 03-17-2009, 11:47 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,720,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax1997 View Post
need suggestions for the following type of vacation:

3rd week of february

thoughts?

I'm thinking it seems odd you posted this question in March?

Old 03-18-2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
I'm thinking it seems odd you posted this question in March?
yeah- next year. It will give me time to research the area we would be going to. I already know that april 2011 will be an orlando vacation. This summer is motorcycling through PA and we have been planning that trip for close to two years.

Vegas is a possibility. I don't like gambling, but do like some of the other things to participate in.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
Hey wait! How about Vegas? One of my favorite places to get away, and you certainly can go for a week for 2K. They have the scariest roller coaster around at the top of the Stratosphere, and they even have a kids indoor one at Circus Circus. (I know, it's too far west).
we have been considering vegas for quite some time. My wifes concern is temps - a friend went in february and said it wasn't as hot as they thought it would be. Looking up vegas in february is temps in 50's and 60's. If we travel, I want someplace warm in the dead of winter. Not having luck finding what we desire at that time of year.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:37 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times
how about somewhere below the equator...
Uraguay, Brazil, Argentina

Old 03-18-2009, 11:08 AM

350 posts, read 1,117,222 times
How about Texas. You could visit the 6 Flags in San Antonio, which is a fun city. Check out the Alamo, Riverwalk, etc. I hear there is excellent motorcycle riding in the Hill Country. That's where I would go.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momojojo View Post
How about Texas. You could visit the 6 Flags in San Antonio, which is a fun city. Check out the Alamo, Riverwalk, etc. I hear there is excellent motorcycle riding in the Hill Country. That's where I would go.

we have thought about that city. Seaworld isn't open in february. Didn't check six flags yet. The surrounding area would be nice riding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel