Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 07:09 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,127,435 times

Advertisements

Has anybody here had "crazy" experiences flying? Delusional, disorderly, or simply bizarre passengers? I had my first such experience on a flight from ORD (Chicago) to MSP (Minneapolis).

I was flying from Tampa home to Duluth, MN. I had just boarded my second flight, and everything was working as normal. As we sat in the gate, I could hear a loud, potentially obnoxious, and apparently very drunk passenger laughing and speaking loudly.

The plane left the airport on time, perhaps earlier than on time, and everything seemed perfect. That is, until right in mid-ascent, that drunk character began to freak out. He began to yell something incomprehensible - the only thing I could understand was the fear in his voice: after the event an elderly man told me that he was saying "The engine is on fire!". Then, after causing enough of an uproar, he yelled something like "The plane is turning around!" or "The plane is going down!" and actually ran down the aisle right as we were taking off and the plane was at a steep incline!

Now everybody was very concerned. Right as the flight attendants became aware, perhaps 10-20 seconds after he started running, they chased after him, caught him, and apparently put him in some type of quarantine. Around the same time a woman became very upset and started crying uncontrollably. She was moved to first class.

The rest of the flight was very tense. When the Minneapolis area came within view, I was hoping we'd land in the airport, not in the middle of the IDS Center. Thank God we did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel