Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:45 PM

87 posts, read 388,359 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm thinking of going on vacation in the first 10 days of april...does anyone have any suggestions where they been or heard from someone.

thank you in advance,
Lenny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 03:26 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,552,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny8000 View Post
Hello,

I'm thinking of going on vacation in the first 10 days of april...does anyone have any suggestions where they been or heard from someone.

thank you in advance,
Lenny

Australia... I think it's "off peak" but the weather is beautiful. Went there 2x. Only the east coast thus far: memorable. The buskers were very interesting. The "ethnic" food delish. People: friendly.

The last time it was about to be "Easter": we were flying & crossed the international time zone, thus missing Easter entirely!

Kate

Old 10-27-2009, 03:47 PM

43,668 posts, read 44,406,521 times
NYC is a great place to visit in April as it is spring and the weather is usually very good at that time for NYC.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:10 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
I would start out by researching the weather on Weatherunderground.com's Trip Planner. Expected weather is at the top of my list, any season of the year.
Who wants to be somewhere where it rains every day you're there? Unless it be NYC, where you can duck into a nearby museum for a few hours to get dry.

I did Washington DC, Philly and NYC early April of this year and with 11 days, there was only an intermitent shower one day, that was it. Perfect.

Certainly not the Northwest where the rains won't subside until the middle of May. I was up there in early June, and even in the 12 days there, I only enjoyed a half day of sun.

But, I'm speaking for myself. Some people love the rain, and cloudy weather isn't a factor either.

Internationally, another story. In Australia, Argentina and Chile the trees will be losing their leaves, the beginning of Fall for them.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:56 AM

Thank you for the responses

I should have probably mentioned where I am from, I live 30 minutes outside of nyc and i work in nyc...the east coast I would say is probably out since i been almost everywhere worth seeing...

I feel that australia would be not enough time for 10 days today especially since you are losing so much time for flight.

thank you again

Old 10-29-2009, 12:50 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Are you looking for domestic or international travel?

Domestically, there's Arizona (Grand Canyon, Indian ruins, etc.), California (southern, coastal, although northern Cal is cool in April).

New Orleans has the French Quarter Festival weekend, usually two weekends before Jazz Fest (depending on how Easter falls). It's smaller than Jazz Fest but more spread out, and in 10 days you can see and do a LOT of various, interesting things there. This would be my first pick.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:19 AM

those are good suggestions thank you, domestic or international prob would prefer international but not sure where the weather will be nice enough...

Old 10-29-2009, 11:21 AM

3,301 posts, read 11,717,786 times
I went to Paris in March and liked it. April would be even better, since the flowers in Versailles would be blooming. It's a little chilly, but we just wore jackets and were fine.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:39 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,290,985 times
I know people are mentioning Souther CA, but I would avoid San Diego at that time. We have something called May gray/June gloom, that usually starts in April and goes until July (as it did last year), where the coastal areas have a marine layer until 2pm or so, so you'd rarely see sun.

I see people planning trips to San Diego during these months than complaining about how horrible their stay was. A simple internet search would have advised them of this weather phenomenon and I always try to inform people so that they know what to expect during those months.

How about the LA area? Santa Monica is gorgeous, and you can stay in Santa Barbara part of the time, and see parts of OC, like Laguna and Huntington. They are not affected by the above.

Old 05-28-2011, 02:12 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Buenos Aires is stunningly beautiful in April. I wish for an in loop April month from now till i die. Or wake up in the same sunny beautiful April day every day of my life like that guy in "Groundhog day".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel