Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 05:24 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,197 times

Advertisements

Hello. For some reason the tropical climates of Central and South America draws me. I can't get enough of the rainforests/jungles and the culture. Ironically, i live in the cold lands of Alaska, yet i love the tropics. Anyone else out there with such an odd sense of adventure? If so, what about the tropical climates draws you? Where have you been? Plan on going back? Favorite country/countries so far?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 07:45 AM

3,301 posts, read 11,713,391 times
I think it's the mystery that drew me to South America. I remember going to Curacao in grade school for a family vacation and watching Venezuelan TV, and I just realized that I knew little to nothing about this huge landmass and all the people in it. I also played "Amazon Trail" on the computer as a kid, so the idea of going to a rainforest was always exciting. As for tropical climates in general, I love the trees, flowers, fruits, monkeys, pretty butterflies, humidity, etc. I love Florida and the Caribbean too, so it's not just South/Central America.

I went to Peru last summer and loved it. Got to go to the rainforest and see monkeys and then spent the rest of the time in Cusco, Machu Picchu, and Lake Titicaca. It was so neat going to these places I had read about as a kid and never thought I'd actually see for myself. I'd love to go back and check out other areas of the country, though I think my next South American trip would be to Argentina. As for Central America, I hear great things about Costa Rica...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel