Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 12:45 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times

Advertisements

We posted at the same time! Don't know about plants and such. Not my field. Haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 01:00 AM

31 posts, read 28,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Growing areas: New construction, sometimes good rates, but you have to check around because some newer apartments are higher cost. I'm talking apartments, not rental houses. You will probably find better rental apartment rates at older complexes, which exist all over the area.

KNDU/KNDO (NBC) is the most reputable. (They serve Tri-Cities and Yakima, but operate out of Tri).

Let me know if I can answer any other questions!
How do KEPR/FOX/ABC rank after KNDO??

Is Tri and Yakima related in things other than their TV stations, or is that just a convenience thing? (I ask because they look pretty spread out on the map; trying to get a feel for the local community and how far it extends).

Thanks for the info about the area around Copper Ridge. I have more questions about places to live!
Are there many rental homes in the area? Where would I go to find listings for those? All I am finding online is apartment complexes, which is affordable, but the idea of not sharing walls/ceilings/floors with neighbors appeals to me at this stage in life.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:03 AM

Quote:
We posted at the same time! Don't know about plants and such. Not my field. Haha.
For future reference, Tri Cities area is located in hardiness zones 7a and 7b!

Old 06-05-2017, 01:29 AM

Yakima and Tri-Cities are actually about 75 miles apart. Somehow, the tv markets have been combined. Which makes no sense as they are separate cities with different cultures. But in reality, the tv markets basically carry the same local news, with the exception of CBS KEPR/KIMA, which still offers different newscasts. But, in general, the NBC affiliates, KNDU/KNDO lead the market, followed by CBS KEPR/KIMA, and then ABC a weak third with KVEW/KAPP.

As for single family rentals, or individual rental homes, I would look at Craigslist. You could also contact realtors who might be able to connect you with such. As they are employed by the landlord, you shouldn't have any charges applied to you.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:20 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,085,908 times
Quote:
Yakima and Tri-Cities are actually about 75 miles apart. Somehow, the tv markets have been combined. Which makes no sense as they are separate cities with different cultures. But in reality, the tv markets basically carry the same local news, with the exception of CBS KEPR/KIMA, which still offers different newscasts. But, in general, the NBC affiliates, KNDU/KNDO lead the market, followed by CBS KEPR/KIMA, and then ABC a weak third with KVEW/KAPP.

As for single family rentals, or individual rental homes, I would look at Craigslist. You could also contact realtors who might be able to connect you with such. As they are employed by the landlord, you shouldn't have any charges applied to you.
By "lead the market" do you mean they have the biggest viewer numbers, or something more than that?

We get the Yakima "feeds" on CBS and ABC, when they do the morning local news brief at 25 and 55 after the hour approximately, usually we can catch CBS first, then go to ABC, and they each had something different to report. ABC tends to have the most information on school and other closings during snow.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:16 PM

I have directv and their lineup in Tri-Cities has both Yakima and Tri-Cities CBS feeds, (KIMA and KEPR), while only has the Yakima feed of ABC (KAPP), and NBC (KNDO). The latter two have the same feed for all their news, (though during the morning network shows they tend to produce separate quick weather cut-ins for each market).

As for your question, yes I believe KNDU/KNDO have had the best news ratings in both markets for years. The difference is notable when you watch.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:09 PM

Hey gang, I need advice! I’ve been looking for a few weeks but at this point am fairly discouraged. Nowhere decent, affordable, and near my work has vacancies. (Nowhere far from work has an affordable vacancy either!?)

I am doing all of my searching from Utah and can’t visit beforehand because I’m trying to finish a heavy load of undergrad summer classes before moving (23 July) and starting my grownup job.

So far I’ve scoured Craigslist and all of the Google-able apt complexes and apt-searching websites; I’ve pestered a few realtor agencies and been put on a few “waitlists”. I’m also using the Google maps function to “walk around” the area, noting and running a web-searches as I “walk past” signs/names of complexes or condos I haven’t already called.

I keep being told (by the management offices) they have “nothing open” but to call back during the first week of July. By then, they say they’ll have people’s vacancy notices for the end of that month. By the time said apartments are empty, I need to be relocated and settled. I start work August 1st!

The only prospect I have is for a 2 bedroom/1 bath at Avalon Court but I’ll be getting a roommate (from Craigslist?) and don’t want to share a bathroom with a total stranger (my work involves serious deadlines and weird hours and would hate to miss one because he or she decided to take a bath).

I am hoping there's something I’ve missed?!
Have you seen or heard about any affordable apartments, duplexes, or townhouses that will be vacant before 23 July? I’m fine with East Pasco/East Kennewick! Any realtors that love to work with renters? At this point my only “musts” are:
•2 bed/2bath <$900
•On the second floor with a patio or balcony area (for the cats).
•I’d been holding out for w/d hookups but such luxuries are easily discarded when I realize I’m relocating for $23k a year (fantastic internship with lots of learning. Plus health benefits).
•My cats are well-behaved, clean, and tidy (I pride myself on keeping a home no one would ever know has cats— until a cat wanders by!) but they also qualify as “emotional support animals”, so I’m less concerned about “pet friendly” complexes.

Thanks so very much for any tips you can provide!

Old 06-26-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedavyrun View Post
Hey gang, I need advice! I’ve been looking for a few weeks but at this point am fairly discouraged. Nowhere decent, affordable, and near my work has vacancies. (Nowhere far from work has an affordable vacancy either!?)

I am hoping there's something I’ve missed?!
Have you seen or heard about any affordable apartments, duplexes, or townhouses that will be vacant before 23 July? I’m fine with East Pasco/East Kennewick! Any realtors that love to work with renters? At this point my only “musts” are:
•2 bed/2bath <$900
•On the second floor with a patio or balcony area (for the cats).
•I’d been holding out for w/d hookups but such luxuries are easily discarded when I realize I’m relocating for $23k a year (fantastic internship with lots of learning. Plus health benefits).
•My cats are well-behaved, clean, and tidy (I pride myself on keeping a home no one would ever know has cats— until a cat wanders by!) but they also qualify as “emotional support animals”, so I’m less concerned about “pet friendly” complexes.

Thanks so very much for any tips you can provide!

***TL;DR VERSION: I’M CROWD-SOURCING IDEAS AND LEADS ON VACANCIES FOR SOMEWHERE TO CALL HOME AROUND 23 JULY!***

So far have tried and been turned away by...
Lakeside; Village at Grandridge; Cedars; Sunrise Villages; Grammercy; Phoenix and Seville; Silver Creek; Tradewinds.
Also have ruled out/disqualified: Amberbrook; Aspen Hills; Centerpointe; Clearwater Square; Crosspointe; Heatherstone; Highlander; Kamiakin; Kent Manor.

Still waiting to hear back from a duplex on Waverly Place; Sage Creek; Phoenix Manor and Seville; Wendover; and a duplex from Craigslist that was posted last week, so has probably already been let...

Also Avalon.. which I guess we will just call my "safety school".

Old 06-28-2017, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 827 times
Advanced freeway system. I was amazed how easy it is to move among the three cities when we located here almost seven years ago. Rule of thumb is 20 minutes from anywhere to anywhere else in one of the Tri-Cities. I tested that "rule of thumb on my GPS. Sure enough, residential area in Pasco to residential area in Kennewick or Richland: 20 minutes. My house in Kennewick to my work in Richland: 18 minutes.

Takes around 5 minutes to get from residential area to freeway network, then 10 minutes on freeway, then 5 minutes to residential area = 20 minutes. Southridge area of Kennewick and North Richland are furthest points from one another, but freeway access in 2 minutes, then fast freeway trip to North Richland = about 20 minutes.

Planners did A-one job connecting the towns.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedavyrun View Post
***TL;DR VERSION: I’M CROWD-SOURCING IDEAS AND LEADS ON VACANCIES FOR SOMEWHERE TO CALL HOME AROUND 23 JULY!***

So far have tried and been turned away by...
Lakeside; Village at Grandridge; Cedars; Sunrise Villages; Grammercy; Phoenix and Seville; Silver Creek; Tradewinds.
Also have ruled out/disqualified: Amberbrook; Aspen Hills; Centerpointe; Clearwater Square; Crosspointe; Heatherstone; Highlander; Kamiakin; Kent Manor.

Still waiting to hear back from a duplex on Waverly Place; Sage Creek; Phoenix Manor and Seville; Wendover; and a duplex from Craigslist that was posted last week, so has probably already been let...

Also Avalon.. which I guess we will just call my "safety school".
Why are you being turned down? Just curious...income or credit problem? If so you can negotiate that if you have the ability to put more money down upfront, just get it in writing and make sure it is refundable upon moveout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities