Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2011, 08:50 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,261,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I had no idea John Ramsey had three children from his first marriage; I'd only heard about two (one of whom died in a car accident).

Interesting: "Melinda Ramsy Long, the daughter of John Ramsey and his first wife was also in Atlanta, with John Andrew Ramsey, when JonBenet was found slain. Long has shied away from the press, but said in a British television documentary that her father, John Ramsey, "has never, ever raised a hand to any of his children. He has never ever abused us in any way."

OJ Simpson, Jeffery Dahmer, and Ted Bundy's family said the same thing. "But...but...but...they could never hurt a fly!!!"

Old 12-03-2011, 04:14 PM

26,890 posts, read 27,090,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
OJ Simpson, Jeffery Dahmer, and Ted Bundy's family said the same thing. "But...but...but...they could never hurt a fly!!!"
None of OJ Simpson's children ever said that, Dahmer had no children, and Ted Bundy's family said that he showed violent tendencies when he was a young child. (But this thread isn't about them, anyway.)

Old 12-03-2011, 04:25 PM

288 posts, read 284,182 times
I think the truth about JonBenet will come out some day. I have always believed that what's hidden in the dark will come to light no matter how long it takes..

Old 12-04-2011, 08:30 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,693,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
A number of people had knowledge of how they lived and the inside of the home.

Did you notice how the investigator dwelled on John Andrews suitcase with the Dr Suess book, sham and duvet?
Yes, I sure did notice that.

And even tho I thought I had read everything there was to read out there about this case I had never read this info before.

I am still thinking about it. Don't know what it means . . . if anything (could be very random - my kids have played with luggage and put random things in them before) . . . but on the other hand, it could be very meaningful, if one could figure out how those objects, the suitcase itself, the ownership of the suitcase and where the suitcase was found - fit together in some way w/ JonBenet's death.

I have a feeling I will be puzzling over that one for a long time.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:21 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,771,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique27 View Post
I think the truth about JonBenet will come out some day. I have always believed that what's hidden in the dark will come to light no matter how long it takes..

*sigh* I hope you are right. I don't see how though.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:31 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,111,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Yes, I sure did notice that.

And even tho I thought I had read everything there was to read out there about this case I had never read this info before.

I am still thinking about it. Don't know what it means . . . if anything (could be very random - my kids have played with luggage and put random things in them before) . . . but on the other hand, it could be very meaningful, if one could figure out how those objects, the suitcase itself, the ownership of the suitcase and where the suitcase was found - fit together in some way w/ JonBenet's death.

I have a feeling I will be puzzling over that one for a long time.
I don't find an old suitcase with stuff in it puzzling at all.

Why leave an old suitcase empty? Store something in it.....it saves space. I do the same thing.

So John Andrew had an old suit case he didn't use anymore. Patsy put some things in it that they didn't use anymore and put it in the basement....sounds perfectly normal to me.

The intruder {if there was one} just saw something he could stand on to reach the window. That is all there is to it, IMO.

I guess, if you wanted to make something of it.....you could say that a family member regularly took JonBenet to the basement, spread the sham and duvet out on the basement floor and read from the Dr. Suess book to calm/distract her while they molested her. And that last night, JonBenet resisted.

But.....if that were so, wouldn't there have been evidence of "something" on that sham and duvet? I would think that LE would have tested it....but you never know with this bunch.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:42 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,693,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I don't find an old suitcase with stuff in it puzzling at all.

Why leave an old suitcase empty? Store something in it.....it saves space. I do the same thing.

So John Andrew had an old suit case he didn't use anymore. Patsy put some things in it that they didn't use anymore and put it in the basement....sounds perfectly normal to me.

The intruder {if there was one} just saw something he could stand on to reach the window. That is all there is to it, IMO.

I guess, if you wanted to make something of it.....you could say that a family member regularly took JonBenet to the basement, spread the sham and duvet out on the basement floor and read from the Dr. Suess book to calm/distract her while they molested her. And that last night, JonBenet resisted.

But.....if that were so, wouldn't there have been evidence of "something" on that sham and duvet? I would think that LE would have tested it....but you never know with this bunch.
Well, I was thinking more on the lines of JonBenet herself gathering up those items and keeping them in a suitcase. When big brother left for school, he moved out so she made up a suitcase with things in it that represented him moving out (including a book, as in, going to school and having books there). And maybe she herself liked to go to the basement and pretend she was taking a trip . . .

I assumed (as you said - maybe that is something one shouldn't assume, lol) that LE would have tested the items to see if any DNA were on them, and ruled them out as far as having any particular significance to JonBenet's murder itself.

I am just thinking . . . if JonBenet knew her murderer - she could have shown them the room where she played on occasion. There has been stuff said about that house being hard to get around in. What if JonBenet took the intruder/would be murder(s) to the basement herself.

So to me, the suitcase only represented the fact that maybe JonBenet played in the basement regularly.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:11 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,648,361 times
The contents were tested for DNA in Maryland.
JonBenet Ramsey Case Encyclopedia / The Basement

Old 12-08-2011, 06:15 AM

759 posts, read 3,153,940 times
I had no interest in this case, but like to read true crime accounts.

The mother did have a motive to cover up an accidental crime.

Apparently, JonBenet would frequently wet her bed and even defecate in her underwear--not a good thing for a frequent beauty pagaent winner.

The mother would get frustrated, and apparently it seems that she smacked her with a brush upon her wetting herself, and she was passed out from her head getting smacked (on the tub, I think). Patsy assumed she was critically injured and finished her off.

The whole account is in the book by one of the former detectives:

Amazon.com: JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation (9780312978617): Steve Thomas, Donald A. Davis: Books

The stonewalling and refusal to give interviews by the parents (even with their lawyers present) is just obscene.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:08 PM

14,585 posts, read 23,154,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesky View Post
The whole account is in the book by one of the former detectives:
One of the former detectives who badly botched the case and turned the Boulder PD into a national laughing stock? Sounds like a legit source. Much better than the forensic evidence which cleared the family.

Quote:
The stonewalling and refusal to give interviews by the parents (even with their lawyers present) is just obscene.
And you say that from the safety of your computer screen in relative safety. Let's see YOU have your daughter murdered, turned into a national spectacle, and then have to face an incompetent police force that is trying to put you away from the crime. Maybe then you can call their actions obscene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.