Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 03:25 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,852,035 times

Advertisements

What do you all think about this...I can ony think of 3 things that happened

Road Rage
Drive by - gang initiation type murder
She was targeted

I think it's either drive by, or she was targeted. Road rage at that time of night and getting shot for it doesn't really add up in that neighborhood...course one never knows. Personally, I think she was targeted, followed back from the hollywood premiere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 04:35 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,168,124 times
Definitely sounds like a professional hit...I wonder if she had any disgruntled ex-lovers or business associates

Old 11-19-2010, 03:09 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,852,035 times
I was listening to KFI this morning and its reported that LE believes she was targeted. I can imagine in that business you can make some enemies, even though these Hollywood types all pretend they are such good friends. Sounds like somebody took a hit out on her.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:23 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,045,108 times
She had something to do with our Palm Springs Film Festival, which is offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to her killer(s). I think it was a professional hit too.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:25 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,770 times
i don't think it was a professional hit. if it were, they would NOT have shot her while she was driving. they would have entered her house or done something MUCH more circumspect. got her in a parking garage. something, but not just a slapdash shot out of a moving vehicle. professionals do not operate this way, and by all accounts she was adored. no crazy ex husbands or anyone who might have had a beef against her. if it were an actor or someone she slighted, that is believable, but her business wasn't to slight- she wasn't a critic, she was a publicist. she was there to trumpet her belief in those she worked for. if she had been a sarcastic radio show host, or a movie critic, or someone like that, it might be more believable, but my gut tells me it was a random thing, and not personal. probably someone who was pissed off and had a dose of road rage. or someone who wanted to steal her car. i think it was probably a car jacking gone awry, ultimately, or some low-life gangbanger type. a professional would have finished the job, and quietly.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:37 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
i don't think it was a professional hit. if it were, they would NOT have shot her while she was driving. they would have entered her house or done something MUCH more circumspect. got her in a parking garage. something, but not just a slapdash shot out of a moving vehicle. professionals do not operate this way
You watch too many movies.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:42 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,045,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
i don't think it was a professional hit. if it were, they would NOT have shot her while she was driving. they would have entered her house or done something MUCH more circumspect. got her in a parking garage. something, but not just a slapdash shot out of a moving vehicle. professionals do not operate this way, and by all accounts she was adored. no crazy ex husbands or anyone who might have had a beef against her. if it were an actor or someone she slighted, that is believable, but her business wasn't to slight- she wasn't a critic, she was a publicist. she was there to trumpet her belief in those she worked for. if she had been a sarcastic radio show host, or a movie critic, or someone like that, it might be more believable, but my gut tells me it was a random thing, and not personal. probably someone who was pissed off and had a dose of road rage. or someone who wanted to steal her car. i think it was probably a car jacking gone awry, ultimately, or some low-life gangbanger type. a professional would have finished the job, and quietly.
Um, yeah ..... that's why they shot up the car.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
I'm just starting to follow this but I'm going with road rage. From an Escalade. She flipped someone off in traffic and they got REAL mad. Sunset can be insane any time. People coming out of the clubs further east are drunk/high. I've seen all kinds of idiocy on that stretch day and night.

Sad. Very sad.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-21-2010 at 04:08 PM..

Old 11-21-2010, 04:39 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
You watch too many movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Um, yeah ..... that's why they shot up the car.
actually, i'm pretty interested in professional hitmen. i have read a bit about them. they aren't the type to take unnecessary risks. forum rudeness is always a little goofy to me.

and shooting up the car, only underlines my assumption that you aren't dealing with a professional. like i said, i think its either a car jack gone awry or road rage most likely. unlike some of the posters i do live in los angeles, and drive up sunset regularly. there are LOTS of people driving nice cars who drive them like a madman out of hades, and being that there are alot of unbalanced folk in the world in general, throw a little alcohol in the mix and a dose of road rage and you have yourself a shooting. remember ennis cosby? got shot trying to help someone with a flat tire. for no reason at all. trying to attribute it to some shadowy professional or disgruntled former employee seems like someone ELSE has been watching too many movies.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:23 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
The news here is saying she was targeted. A car drove along side of her and opened fire.

The area she was shot is residential, and not a well traveled road at night, you wouldn't use the street unless you knew the area as a short cut. And the hitman could murder without fear of being seen by passing traffic or other eyewitnesses. (Hopefully there's some security camera surveillance of the hit)

I think she was being followed from the film premiere in Westwood, through the backstreets of Beverly Hills and murdered. Definitely a targeted hit.

Quote:
Experts say evidence is starting to suggest that the murder of veteran Hollywood publicist Ronni Chasen was a premeditated, professional drive-by shooting and not a random act of violence as initially speculated, FOXNews.com reported Monday.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...1MYKi17zMfaK9O
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime