Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 06:51 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,509,755 times

Advertisements

The Zodiac killer

William Desmond Taylor murder

JonBenet Ramsey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 07:38 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Well, still a bit unsolved in the Zahra case...

the step-murder-mom is charged in her death but her "father" is out of jail, has a ankle bracelet (big deal )......they have yet to find enough to charge him I suppose, so let's hope THAT part gets solved so he can be charged also for the brutal death of HIS CHILD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salonva View Post
I guess these might not be so much unsolved but they totally haunt me. The case of Zahra Baker is just so upsetting to me- all cases are horrible but this one just pulls at me from time to time and I can just start to cry over and over about it. That poor kid had no relief and no protector.
And the other recent case is of that idiot who starved his dog and left him to die on the snowy street. (the idiot is being charged so that is better but how coudl someone do that? It's not like it was an instant of bad judgement- it was so reversible).More charges filed in Oshkosh dog cruelty case - National Pet Rescue | Examiner.com

Old 04-28-2011, 11:07 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
JFK
Murders alleged to have been committed by the Manson Family which they were never charged with (refer to Ed Sanders' book The Family)
William Desmond Taylor
Sam Cooke
Brian Jones
Malcolm X
MLK (who hired James Earl Ray?)
Luis Donaldo Colosio

Old 04-29-2011, 11:14 AM

827 posts, read 1,672,705 times
Back in Ogunquit Maine in !970 Mary Catherine Olenchuk who was thirteen disapeered. They had a large search [my uncle was part of it]. Thirteen dys later they found her in a Kennebunk barn dead under some hay. I was told they found her with a rope around her neck. NO one was ever charged wih her murder and is still unsolved

Note not long after the body was discovered the barn burned down [called it arson] so if sny more evidence was there it was lost.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:59 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
Tupac and Biggie...yes I do wonder...

Someone wrote about if OJ really did it-I doubt anyone will know for sure..the evidence is so far gone...all these cases are really sad...

Old 05-01-2011, 05:55 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
I would certainly like a 'crime' that occurred in my own life solved.

I made a remark--someone took offense--she started hitting me. sigh--I was standing in line at a fast food place--had dealt with members of the medical profession and had other things on my mind. I needed to eat something--so I said what I said--which had nothing to do with her race.

I guess I learned my lesson.

some things are just not worth thinking about----too seriously

I can't think of another 'crime' at the moment. There was a crime on the mass transit system in Atlanta a few weeks ago--several have been apprehended--there will be charges filed.
Such is life.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:42 PM

297 posts, read 743,368 times
Definitely Jacob Wetterling. I lived near his town, and he was a couple years younger than me. I can remember when this happened. I've always wondered what happened to him.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:04 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,810 times
Jodi Huisentruit was declared legally dead in May of 2001. As of April 2011 her body has still not been found.

Don't know why I've always remembered her.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:55 PM

15 posts, read 109,720 times
Rachel Cooke

Used to live very close to where this girl was abducted so it was very real. The case has still not been solved, but her parents have kept her name alive. They deserve some peace.

Help Find Rachel Cooke

Old 05-02-2011, 02:09 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
I don't really care about Natalee H or Nicole Ritchie because I'm pretty certain of what happened there or close enough that it doesn't matter.

Ditto for Tupac, honestly he may not have even been the TARGET of the shooting considering the company he was keeping.

Amelia Erhart just disappeared into the ocean, no real mystery there IMO.

I think Joan Benet would be near the top of my list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime