Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 07:16 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately I believe the should do. It...otherwise everybody might think lying under oath is okay if it is for loved one!

The mom lied so obviously that this is a clear case of perjury.

I would never do this, this is not protecting your child or being a good example, this is just the opposite of what Casey should have had....Casey needed tof love...not someone who is also lying for you, but besides that Casey is a murderer and now soon will held accountable for it..jmo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 07:20 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
That's a hard call for me bentlebee. I know they SHOULD, or no one will take the courts seriously, but this case has already been so hard on a mother/grandmother who has lost so much. If charged, I imagine she'll plead guilty without a trial and just get a fine.

Then again, this was a high profile case and she LIED so the jury would be confused. That's a pretty serious thing. Anyone know the normal penalty on these things.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:29 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
It is a hard call for me too but how far do/should parents go to protect their kids and why do we have "will you tell the truth, the whole truth...." if it doesn't mean anything...

The call that Cindy claimed to have made to George about the pool ladder, was also a lie, not phone record was found...how many times can this person lie under oath....that is why my post is what it is and that is how I came to this conclusion....on top of that do I deal with liars on almost a daily base and we are often joking about writing a book about it...

Judge Perry did a good job by sentencing this guy for making the gesture...there is a point that things need to be point out that there are consequences for someone's behavior...

Old 07-02-2011, 07:43 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
That's a hard call for me bentlebee. I know they SHOULD, or no one will take the courts seriously, but this case has already been so hard on a mother/grandmother who has lost so much. If charged, I imagine she'll plead guilty without a trial and just get a fine.

Then again, this was a high profile case and she LIED so the jury would be confused. That's a pretty serious thing. Anyone know the normal penalty on these things.
I don't know the penalty and this is very hard call for us but after seeing the guy that flipped the bird, we know that JP does not fool around with his courtroom. Look at all the money spent to prove she lied, not to mention the time wasted by investigators and in the courtroom all because Cindy decided to come up with this elaborate (Casey type) of a lie. Also Judge Perry is so protective of his jurors and wants them to get home to their families as soon as possible.
I don't know who makes the call on this but am thinking if it is Judge Perry he will do something since he put the bird flipper in jail for 6 days and fined him $400.00.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:43 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Cindy is clearly an enabler, and this family is completely enmeshed in its dysfunctional dynamics. Cindy lied for Casey, same as she probably had for most of Casey's life.

Cindy's life has been such a turmoil for the last three years, first thinking Caylee was kidnapped, then dealing with the realization that her daughter is a cold blooded killer.

I would give this a pass. Maybe charge her, let her take a plea, probation or something.

She has been thru enough.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:52 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Cindy is clearly an enabler, and this family is completely enmeshed in its dysfunctional dynamics. Cindy lied for Casey, same as she probably had for most of Casey's life.

Cindy's life has been such a turmoil for the last three years, first thinking Caylee was kidnapped, then dealing with the realization that her daughter is a cold blooded killer.

I would give this a pass. Maybe charge her, let her take a plea, probation or something.

She has been thru enough.
I do agree with you and evidently so does Nancy Grace! She keeps going on and on about how she would do the same thing.
When I think clearly about this though I think about EVERY child that has been murdered by a parent, they all have grandparents out there who have lost a grandchild and will also lose a daughter or son to LWOP or death. What if they all decide to get up there and lie?

Old 07-02-2011, 08:44 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I would walk over hot coals to save my daughter from the death penalty. I know I would say anything to try to help my child.

The problem though, that Cindy did not realize, in her frantic enabling mode, is that her lie actually sealed the case for the prosection.

'Casey's own Mother believes she is guilty, and is desperately lying to save her"

That is now what I think. Cindy KNOWS Casey is a pre-meditated killer. She was trying desperately to help Casey any way she can.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:53 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I don't know who makes the call on this but am thinking if it is Judge Perry he will do something since he put the bird flipper in jail for 6 days and fined him $400.00.
I have to tell you I wouldn't jay walk in Florida if I though Judge Perry would be my judge.

Love him. Remember the Dancing Itos? Think there would be Dancing Perrys? Ummm. No!

Old 07-02-2011, 09:27 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,603 times
I too think this is a very difficult situation -- I can, sort of, appreciate a mom wanting to protect her child in some way -- and in this case, I suspect part of her thinking is to, at least, protect her from the death penalty, if at all possible. And granted, there are different levels and shades of lies - from blatant, perjuristic [hmm, could be a new word] lies to "embellished, little white lies [non-harmful/hurtful] -- this, to me, is very very different and she should be held accountable for blatant perjury. To me it is another form of contempt of court and perhaps in addition to a fine, there should be some other punishment -I am certainly not saying being sentenced but there should be consequences for those actions. Clearly, she is emotionally drained, exhausted, devastated and, I would also think to some degree very angry and rightfully so. Yet, I also understand that she helped to put herself in this position in wanting to believe her daughter [we all want to believe our kids]; the loss of her grand child and of course, the horrible way that happened.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:31 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
I think enough is enough Cindy has been through too much already . The state needs to leave her alone and do what needs to be done . I mean come on this poor woman has broken down way too many times and then the other day she had to be helped down off the stand by her attorney . Leave this poor woman alone and focus on other things . I wonder how well all of us would hold up under such pressure and scrunity . I for one know I would not do well under those circumstances .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime