Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 07:35 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
September 12th. Should be interesting.
Not for me thanks. I'm tired of this train wreck.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:31 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
It is extremely rare to get it on the first try and usually takes at least 3 years to get it; ask any disability lawyer ... there are tons of lawyers who only work on these kind of cases and that is how they make their living. Getting on SSDI is not easy. I guess somebody knew who to pay off because I find it hard to believe Cindy got it so fast, especially since she has a history of not being clinically "mentally ill" and has been sane enough to work at full time jobs. I could see her getting it if she never worked in her life and could point to "craziness" as the reason, but this is just plain weird.
I Love LI, I posted almost the same thing on another thread. I am very familiar with the SSDI process and I can almost bet that things behind the scenes were happening.....our office saw that very thing with the IRS and a tax preparer that died as others were taking over pieces of his practice...what a cluster.....we all agreed there had to be money changing hands from what we could see that was going on between the CPA and the IRS. There were notations in the Irs files that they were not to be audited, things like that.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:33 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
I won't watch it. I'm sticking to my guns. I won't read the threads on it either.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:43 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I won't watch it. I'm sticking to my guns. I won't read the threads on it either.
I never watch Dr. Phil anyway. This just gives me one more reason.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:07 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Wouldnt that be DOUBLE JEOPARDY??

They were tried once and found NOT GUILTY,i dont think they can be tried again regardless...
No. George and Cindy Anthony were not on trial. They were only called as witnesses. Casey Anthony was the one on trial.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I Love LI, I posted almost the same thing on another thread. I am very familiar with the SSDI process and I can almost bet that things behind the scenes were happening.....our office saw that very thing with the IRS and a tax preparer that died as others were taking over pieces of his practice...what a cluster.....we all agreed there had to be money changing hands from what we could see that was going on between the CPA and the IRS. There were notations in the Irs files that they were not to be audited, things like that.
A CD member who lives in Orlando posted that they are on SSDI and said it was in the news there. I did some searching on the web about the matter (NOTE: of course I could have missed it so I am not saying this person is definitely "wrong") and I could not find anything that said George was on any kind of disability. I also could not actually find anything that said "SSDI" or "Social Security" in terms of Cindy Anthony. The few references I found regarding Cindy being on disability was she took private disability insurance leave from her hospital job for a "mental" condition and that it was only going to last two years. That sounds about right. I know my job has short and long term private disability insurance and if you go on it for "mental" reasons there is a limit of two years. If anyone else can find anything linking them to SSDI I'd appreciate reading it, because I failed to come up with anything.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I never watch Dr. Phil anyway. This just gives me one more reason.
Same here!

Old 08-25-2011, 11:35 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Dr. Phil is really dissappointing. He is now going the road of "Maury Povich" and "Jerry Springer"...He has the opportunity to take the high road, and ignore the trailer trash crowd, but instead, he just wants to be in the muck and mire of it...There are so many uplifting things he could be discussing, and tackling social issues...instead, he wants to appeal to the mass market, crass, and easy bucks. I have no desire to watch these social parasites, or hear about their dysfunctional, socio-path daughter. And don't even go with all the pictures, and crocodile tears about Caylee...she was a pawn in the control game with Casey.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:50 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
A CD member who lives in Orlando posted that they are on SSDI and said it was in the news there. I did some searching on the web about the matter (NOTE: of course I could have missed it so I am not saying this person is definitely "wrong") and I could not find anything that said George was on any kind of disability. I also could not actually find anything that said "SSDI" or "Social Security" in terms of Cindy Anthony. The few references I found regarding Cindy being on disability was she took private disability insurance leave from her hospital job for a "mental" condition and that it was only going to last two years. That sounds about right. I know my job has short and long term private disability insurance and if you go on it for "mental" reasons there is a limit of two years. If anyone else can find anything linking them to SSDI I'd appreciate reading it, because I failed to come up with anything.
I work for a newspaper here in Orlando. As far as I know, they are NOT on any sort of SSDI at all. I could be wrong....but it could just be additional internet fodder....most of which is fabricated to begin with.

I may watch....I may not. I think this story has been told so times in so many ways by so many people....until it is a dead horse.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:59 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Wouldnt that be DOUBLE JEOPARDY??

They were tried once and found NOT GUILTY,i dont think they can be tried again regardless...
How would that be double jeopardy? George and Cindy Anthony weren't being tried for anything. Only their daughter Casey. Casey cant be tried again, but if new evidence ever comes out that proves George, Cindy, or anyone else for that matter had anything to do with the murder, new charges can be filed against that person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime