Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of the death penalty for a person convicted of murder?
For 52 66.67%
Against 22 28.21%
Don't Know 3 3.85%
Don't Care 1 1.28%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 08:39 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times

Advertisements

"Necessary medical treatment". My friend is 64, and in pain every day, she can barely walk because she broke her foot, and has no health insurnace. She is very indigent, but not eligible for any programs. She is basically counting the days, on her sofa, until she is elegible for Medicare, to have surgery to correct her bones, which have healed wrong. It is annoying to me that inmates in prison have better access to healthcare, than most Americans.

Did not mean to de-rail thread, that issue just is annoying to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 03:09 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
problem is, in many states all the only evidence of child molestation needed is the child's word, or the testimony of someone who claims they were a child when the alleged incident happened. There's too many he said, she said cases spurred on by parents seeking custody and or people seeking revenge for some other thing.
Not only that, but where is the deterent? If a person knows they could die a slow and painful death if there's a witness, then they might not leave one. And family members of those they believe to wrongly accused might just decide murder suicide is a good way to revenge.
I realize there are cases of he said, she said and often in child custody cases.

But I am referring to the people like:

Jeremiah Wright that cut his son Jori's head off. Wright then admitted doing it and laughed about it.

Michael Len Plumadore that dismembered 9-year-old Aliahna Lemmon. He proved LEO with a signed statement admitting killing the child.

Jessica Lunsford abducted, raped and buried ALIVE in Florida.

Two year old Addison Lanham died in July. One leg had been broken for 2 weeks or longer, she had MRSA and had been sexually abused. Her mother was sentenced to 10-13 years in prison and the registered sex offender boyfriend that raped the child was sentenced to 10-13 years.

I could go on and on with these horror stories. But this has got to stop. Adults tortured and murdered these children. I realize with the internet we are more aware of the cases but has political correctness brought us to the point that we are less civilized.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:56 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Yes; but who are you punishing? Sure; the criminal might want to die? But; it is the taxpayer that suffers for all the years they spend in jail. I think, that if a convicted murderer or three time looser wants to die; we should not prevent it from happening. Just make sure that the criminal is sure that these are his or her wishes. If nothing else; the living victims could move on with their lives.
If a lifer honestly wanted to die, they dont need the death penalty to make it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I realize there are cases of he said, she said and often in child custody cases.

But I am referring to the people like:

Jeremiah Wright that cut his son Jori's head off. Wright then admitted doing it and laughed about it.

Michael Len Plumadore that dismembered 9-year-old Aliahna Lemmon. He proved LEO with a signed statement admitting killing the child.

Jessica Lunsford abducted, raped and buried ALIVE in Florida.

Two year old Addison Lanham died in July. One leg had been broken for 2 weeks or longer, she had MRSA and had been sexually abused. Her mother was sentenced to 10-13 years in prison and the registered sex offender boyfriend that raped the child was sentenced to 10-13 years.

I could go on and on with these horror stories. But this has got to stop. Adults tortured and murdered these children. I realize with the internet we are more aware of the cases but has political correctness brought us to the point that we are less civilized.
I agree CW! Completely!

With situations like the ones you decribed, where there isnt any shadow of a doubt, I dont even think they deserve a trial. I can remember hearing about the mother who tried flushing her baby down the toilet in a Mcdonalds. Crude as the opinion may be, I firmly believe the officers responding should have been permitted to pull their side arms, right there in the Mcdonalds bathroom, and end this "creatures" life. Why waste hundreds of thousands if not millions of tax payer dollars and time for a trial, housing, food, clothing, etc. etc. For "political correctness", thats why.....

Oh sure, you can argue human rights, but as far as I'm concerned, these types of people are so sick and depraved, that they are not human, and have no more rights than a rabid dog on a crowded city street.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

I agree CW! Completely!

With situations like the ones you decribed, where there isnt any shadow of a doubt, I dont even think they deserve a trial. I can remember hearing about the mother who tried flushing her baby down the toilet in a Mcdonalds. Crude as the opinion may be, I firmly believe the officers responding should have been permitted to pull their side arms, right there in the Mcdonalds bathroom, and end this "creatures" life. Why waste hundreds of thousands if not millions of tax payer dollars and time for a trial, housing, food, clothing, etc. etc. For "political correctness", thats why.....

Oh sure, you can argue human rights, but as far as I'm concerned, these types of people are so sick and depraved, that they are not human, and have no more rights than a rabid dog on a crowded city street.

In 2006 a 20 year old Clemson University engineering student, Tiffany Souers was raped and murdered. Jerry Buck Inman, a habitual criminal and registered sex offender had spent most of his life in prison for rapes he committed. He had only been out of prison a few months when he raped and killed Tiffany. Days before he killed Tiffany he was wanted in Alabama for an attempted rape and in Tennessee for a rape.

He pleaded guilty to the rape and murder of Tiffany and received the death penalty.

So the saga starts ... he has appealed and this week the South Carolina Supreme Court upheld his guilty plea and death sentence ... now he and his lawyer will start on the federal courts of appeal ... probably all the way to the biggie the US Supreme Court.

This will take about 20 years and in that time he will find Jesus, someone will buy him a suit and tie, he will write a letter to Amnesty International, Democracy Now, NCADP and the other anti-death penalty groups and by that time the rapist/killer Jerry Buck Inman will become the victim and young Tiffany will be forgotten.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
In 2006 a 20 year old Clemson University engineering student, Tiffany Souers was raped and murdered. Jerry Buck Inman, a habitual criminal and registered sex offender had spent most of his life in prison for rapes he committed. He had only been out of prison a few months when he raped and killed Tiffany. Days before he killed Tiffany he was wanted in Alabama for an attempted rape and in Tennessee for a rape.

He pleaded guilty to the rape and murder of Tiffany and received the death penalty.

So the saga starts ... he has appealed and this week the South Carolina Supreme Court upheld his guilty plea and death sentence ... now he and his lawyer will start on the federal courts of appeal ... probably all the way to the biggie the US Supreme Court.

This will take about 20 years and in that time he will find Jesus, someone will buy him a suit and tie, he will write a letter to Amnesty International, Democracy Now, NCADP and the other anti-death penalty groups and by that time the rapist/killer Jerry Buck Inman will become the victim and young Tiffany will be forgotten.
Should have been shot in the street. Hung in the towns square, or as another poster put it, dropped in to a heli blade.....

What ever happened to "off with their head"...... Now it's "off with their head"!!!! { give or take twenty years }

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 12-29-2011 at 06:38 PM..

Old 12-31-2011, 09:04 PM

6 posts, read 11,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
"Necessary medical treatment". My friend is 64, and in pain every day, she can barely walk because she broke her foot, and has no health insurnace. She is very indigent, but not eligible for any programs. She is basically counting the days, on her sofa, until she is elegible for Medicare, to have surgery to correct her bones, which have healed wrong. It is annoying to me that inmates in prison have better access to healthcare, than most Americans.

I always hear people say things like that Jasper, which is not true.
Why doesn't your friend commit a crime to get better healthcare if prison is as good as you say?

Old 12-31-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

If she is indigent why isn't she eligible for Medicaid?

If she turns 65 in 2012 Medicare has a deductible for a hospital stay ... 2012 deductible for Part A (Hospital) is $1,156.00. Part B deductible (doc visits/xrays/labwork) is $140.00.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:26 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
I totally believe in the death penalty-and in some instances I'd do it myself-a lot of people have no concept of what victims of crimes go through-newspapers only give you the sugar version..for anyone who thinks the death penalty is too harsh-go to a murder trial and see the crime scene pictures-it is disturbing and heartbreaking. For people who commit the sickening crimes-you have no soul and should not breath...

Old 01-03-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I totally believe in the death penalty-and in some instances I'd do it myself-a lot of people have no concept of what victims of crimes go through-newspapers only give you the sugar version..for anyone who thinks the death penalty is too harsh-go to a murder trial and see the crime scene pictures-it is disturbing and heartbreaking. For people who commit the sickening crimes-you have no soul and should not breath...
And those people are far better off to make the decisions concerning the DP. There is no room for emotion to play a part in a decision such as the DP.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:07 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
I do not know whether you can reference another website like this but this is a complete history of Marco Allen Chapman, the murderer of two children who refused to be let off the hook for his crimes. He repeatedly requested the death penalty as the only true payment for his murder of Cody and Chelbi Sharon, critically injuring another child and raping and trying to kill the mother. I am not cutting him any slack for manning up but it is an interesting critique on the death penalty from that perspective. findmissingkids.com :: View topic - Chelbi and Cody Sharon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime