Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 11:13 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,097,668 times

Advertisements

What I find really odd is the fact that mom or dad never mentions the baby by her name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 05:14 AM

60 posts, read 127,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I understand that. I was just trying to point out without being too verbose that you can't lump in Yates with Smith and Anthony.

Anthony IMO was most likely an accident that was covered up, Yates was mentally ill, and Smith was a monster.
Anthony was an accident covered up? If Casey killed Caylee (and I am sure she did) any accident Caylee met with was definitely "on-purpose". Did you never notice the eery resemblance between Casey's mother and Caylee? The mother enabled Casey her whole life, giving into the "baby", creating a narcissistic tyrant-child who loathed her. When another baby came along, Casey lost her place in the pecking order and she suppressed a rival for her mother's undivided attention. Accusing the father and brother of incest was another attempt at humiliating the mother. And killing the child the mother loved more than Casey was the ultimate revenge.

Casey's a sociopath, she won't respond to psychotherapy - she'll lie to and manipulate a therapist, just as she has done her whole life. And there is no medication to treat a lack of empathy.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:49 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Yeah, it's always a sign of trouble when they talk about their own child as if she were an unwanted kitten.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:39 AM

242 posts, read 534,082 times
what a coincidence that the father was on his first ever night shift. interesting.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:55 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Really sad. Interesting points, above. I take better care of my pets than some people take care of their kids. Babies don't just "wander" off. I don't think that these folks are too bright, and I don't know the time lines of everything in this case, but where was the baby when the Mom was at the store buying wine? And the other kids? If it was at home, alone...there are some major issues, and the remaining children should be taken away, because that is neglect. An eight year old and a six year old should not be responsible for a baby, nor should they be home alone at night.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:28 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
And, of course, none of it may have happened that way, jasper12. She may have bought a gallon of Night Train to celebrate having gotten rid of the diaper-filling nuisance.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:03 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcraig10 View Post
what a coincidence that the father was on his first ever night shift. interesting.
Exactly. Unless it was someone who knew the family, & knew he would be working overnight for the first time. And knew she was passed out drunk. However, the fact that mom is on meds and admits to drinking several times a week is a huge red flag. I read on one of the facebook pages that she is on Efexxor, and the possible side affects are alarming:
"Call your doctor at once if you have any new or worsening symptoms such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself. Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of Effexor.
Effexor Information from Drugs.com

There hasn't been any word from the media about the neighbor she was drinking with,either. Also the mother said in a interview that her other two sons "heard noises' that night, but "they wouldn't know anything" and refuses to allow the police to interview them again. buying a case of wine, when your cell phones are turned off for non-payment? A big Lab & a neighbor dog that don't bark?

Old 10-19-2011, 11:06 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Really sad. Interesting points, above. I take better care of my pets than some people take care of their kids. Babies don't just "wander" off. I don't think that these folks are too bright, and I don't know the time lines of everything in this case, but where was the baby when the Mom was at the store buying wine? And the other kids? If it was at home, alone...there are some major issues, and the remaining children should be taken away, because that is neglect. An eight year old and a six year old should not be responsible for a baby, nor should they be home alone at night.
They were with the father, he hadn't left for work yet.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:06 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
What I find really odd is the fact that mom or dad never mentions the baby by her name.
Whoa.
I hadn't noticed this. I will have to pay attention now.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:42 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,850,891 times
I too think it is just way too coincidental that the father was working his very first night shift....I wonder if she was PO'd because she would now be alone at night with the 3 kids. Who would have known that the Dad wasn't going to be in that house?

And also, she puts the baby to bed at 6:30 at night (was this typical?), so the child goes the whole night without food or a diaper change and doesn't cry??? No way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime