Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 05:45 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times

Advertisements

Two year old Addison Lanham died July 21. She had a broken leg that had been left untreated for one to two weeks. The child had a severe infection for several weeks which ended up in her blood system. The cause of death was ruled to be a sepsis infection. Sepsis is a medical condition often referred to as blood poisoning. Addison was also infected with MRSA.

The mother was working, a waitress at a local restaurant. Addison was left in the care of her mother's live-in boyfriend, a registered sex offender.

The mother and boyfriend have been charged with felony child abuse, involuntary manslaughter and contributing to the delinquency of a child.

Read more: Police hit mother, sex-offender boyfriend with new charge | police, charged, make - Gaston Gazette

This baby suffered for weeks it appears and I do not understand the involuntary manslaughter charge???? Nothing involuntary about it to me!! They killed this baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 05:54 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
What a little doll. Crazy parents never cease to amaze me.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:56 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,488,125 times
Seems these types of stories never end. When are women going to learn to stop leaving their babies with any fool they meet? Not only allowing a registered sex offender in the house, but then allowing him to abuse your child, and not even do anything to help her? I don't know why I read these stories, they always **** me off.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
Seems these types of stories never end. When are women going to learn to stop leaving their babies with any fool they meet? Not only allowing a registered sex offender in the house, but then allowing him to abuse your child, and not even do anything to help her? I don't know why I read these stories, they always **** me off.
Me too AnnaNomus ... this makes me sick. We are still waiting on justice for Zahra Baker here and now this child is literally killed. It's hard to handle how these little ones suffer.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:02 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
This baby suffered for weeks it appears and I do not understand the involuntary manslaughter charge???? Nothing involuntary about it to me!! They killed this baby.
What's hard to understand about it? Involuntary manslaughter is the appropriate charge in a case like this where one's gross negligence has lead to a death.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:54 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Poor baby.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Poor baby.
Her funeral is this morning. The judge denied the mother's request to attend. The father of the child (not the sex offender boyfriend) is in prison and he has been allowed to attend.

We have a trial going on in Charlotte right now a 16 year old boy (now 18) raped an 83 year old lady!!!! This is sick!

Trial starts for teen accused of rape | WCNC.com Charlotte

Old 09-08-2011, 01:14 PM

A Gaston County probation officer resigned, exactly one month after Department of Corrections officials began investigating whether he ignored pleas for help from the relatives of a 2-year-old child who died in a motel room.

The case worker was called several times by relatives asking that he check on Addison Lanham. He did not return the calls. A relative found him on Facebook and posted her requests again she wrote things including "I don't know if that baby is eating;" "Shanna is strung out on crack and Xanax;" "Addison her daughter doesn't have any clothes;" and "Please help Addison."

The sex offender boyfriend that was keeping Addison has been transferred to prison in Raleigh as he was receiving death threats in Gaston County jail.

Read more: Probation officer resigns one month after investigation into Addison's death begins | ogg, wells, addison - Gaston Gazette

Old 09-08-2011, 08:00 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
This is sad. Why would anyone be this twisted to just hurt a child, not take care of the child, and completely neglect this baby? Why not just give her up? Don't understand people like this.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:58 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,996 times
you have to be a sick monster to hurt a child.

may this lil angel rest in peace.........keep her in our prayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime