Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 03:23 PM

337 posts, read 896,804 times

Advertisements

I went back and viewed HOURS of trial footage, closing arguments, and documentaries from Simpson's trial. I found everything quite interesting. Based on what you know about the case, do you believe he was guilty or innocent? Did he get away with murder due to his brilliant defense team? The black jury? The Rodney King beating? The downtown LA demographic? The LAPD procedural negligence? Or was he truly innocent and framed by an overzealous and racist LAPD?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-10-2014 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 07-23-2013, 04:13 PM

44,623 posts, read 61,597,128 times
No he was guilty as all get out. 98% of the country thought so too. He only got off because the all black jury wanted to back door the Police Dept.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:18 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,884,085 times
Been discussed before. My response before (regarding some theory that his son did it), copyed below. Regarding how he got away with murder - I think the prosecution lost it in the jury selection process, and the defense team headed by the very talented Johnny Cochrane knew exactly how to exploit the jury to his clients benifit.

People forget, there was practically a blood trail, let me take that back - there WAS a blood trail all the way to OJ's bedroom, including his car, cuts on his fingers. bloody gloves (and the gloves did fit). The evidence really was overwhelming.
Did his soon use his car, march into his bedroom, throw gloves at the side of his house? Did OJ purposely cut his finger to deflect guilt to himself? Did OJ go on a strange car chase, complete with passport, gun, and disguise, to deflect guilt to himself?

Lest we forget: Evidence:
1. The 9-1-1 call and the history of Simpson's violence directed at Nicole Brown.
2. Hair evidence: (1) hairs consistent with that of Simpson found on cap at Bundy residence, (2) hairs consistent with that of Simpson found on Ron Goldman's shirt.
3. Fiber evidence: (1) cotton fibers consistent with the carpet in the Bronco found on glove at Rockingham, (2) fibers consistent with the carpet from the Bronco found on cap at Bundy residence.
4. Blood evidence: (1) killer dropped blood near shoe prints at Bundy, (2) blood dropped at Bundy was of same type as Simpson's (about 0.5% of population would match), (3) Simpson had fresh cuts on left hand on day after murder, (4) blood found in Bronco, (5) blood found in foyer and master bedroom of Simpson home, (5) blood found on Simpson's driveway, (6) blood on socks in OJ's home matched Nicole's.
5. Glove evidence: (1) left glove found at Bundy and right glove found at Simpson residence are Aris Light gloves, size XL, (2) Nicole Brown bought pair of Aris Light XL gloves in 1990 at Bloomingdale's, (3) Simpson wore Aris Light gloves from 1990 to June, 1994.
6. Shoe evidence: (1) shoe prints found at Bundy were from a size 12 Bruno Magli shoe, (2) bloody shoe impression on Bronco carpet is consistent with a Magli shoe, (3) Simpson wore a size 12 shoe.
7. Other evidence: (1) flight in Bronco, (2) strange reaction to phone call informing him of Nicole Brown's death, etc.
8. Evidence coming out after the trial:
-The jury was not allowed to hear testimony concerning Simpson's rumored jailhouse confession to Rosie Grier.
-Subsequent to the criminal trial other evidence of Simpson's guilt surfaced. The most significant of the new evidence may have been photographs of Simpson wearing Bruno Magli shoes. The new evidence, together with much of the evidence considered in the criminal trial, convinced a civil jury that Simpson murdered Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman.
-In his 2007 book, If I Did It, Simpson (for all intents and purposes) confessed. The book describes in detail events leading up to the moment of the murders.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:37 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,602,581 times
I agree with Johnny Cochran... who shortly before he passed away said he thought OJ was guilty.

My question to defense attorneys in cases like this is...

"How do you sleep at night?"

Old 07-23-2013, 04:40 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,434,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I agree with Johnny Cochran... who shortly before he passed away said he thought OJ was guilty.

So do you think OJ admitted his crime Johnny knowing the protection provided attorney client privileged and also knowing that the more of the truth Johnny knows, the better able Johnny will be to defend OJ?

Old 07-23-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
So did another member of his legal staff - Robert Kardashian. And it's interesting you can almost read Kardashian's face at the trial at the moment when the not guilty verdict was read, it was a shocked face, not celibratory in the least, almost like "what have I done".

Old 07-23-2013, 04:55 PM

22,837 posts, read 6,434,961 times
Since OJ was supposedly "not guilty" how much time and effort has been spent
looking for the "real" killer of Nicole and Ron???

Old 07-23-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
So do you think OJ admitted his crime Johnny knowing the protection provided attorney client privileged and also knowing that the more of the truth Johnny knows, the better able Johnny will be to defend OJ?
Cochran was a professional, I am sure he avoided asking that direct question to OJ. Knowing "the truth" was irrelevant.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:03 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,875,719 times
NO....I do not believe he was innocent.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:28 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,380,171 times
Default No, but I agree with the verdict.

Cochran was an exceptional attorney. The prosecution in a criminal case has a very heavy burden and they didn't meet that in the OJ case, thanks to the Defense teams excellent work raising reasonable doubt. The facts were not on OJ's side, so his team attacked the evidence. [MOD CUT/trolling]

I watched the trial closely, and felt that reasonable doubt was raised. I agreed with the verdict. What bothered me was that Bronco chase. Then the questions started. Why would a man suddenly become suicidal under suspicion of killing his wife if he didn't do it? Why would a man want to kill himself, knowing that the mother of his two small kids had just lost their mother? Why wasn't he sure what he was doing when the murders occurred? Why didn't he know how he got that bad gash on his finger, a deep cut that was made less than 12 hours after got cut? Why was he not sure about his answers to the questions about the cuts? His whereabouts? Was he taking a shower when it happened? Chipping golf balls? Sleeping? Why write a suicide note? If you didn't do it, why, why, why? I concluded that the same selfish man who would kill the mother of his small kids and leave them in the house sleeping alone while he flew to Chicago, is the same guy who would kill himself during their time of need when they have just lost their mother in brutal fashion, and this is the same guy who the Akita dog was familiar with preventing the dog from barking when the murders occurred. That man was Orenthal James Simpson.

If OJ didn't do it, it would've been very easy for him to show that, thus avoiding being arrested in the first place. Why allow yourself to get arrested, spend any time in jail, go through a preliminary hearing, and so forth, if you can produce reliable evidence that you were not there? He couldn't do it, so the Dream Team was created.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-10-2014 at 09:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime