Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 12:44 AM

1,496 posts, read 1,856,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Amanda Knox's supporters could care less that she falsely accused an innocent man of murder. She is after all, protected by her "privilege" a la Susan Smith. Amanda Knox would have let an innocent man pay for her crime without even giving a d-mn.
she's not a good person. But there isn't any evidence that shows she murdered Meredith.

why would she do it? There is no motive.

I have to admit that I don't know a lot about the case but every time someone is asked to present evidence they never do. Or they just mention things that are easily debunked. Like the DNA on the cooking knife.

I don't know if she is guilty or innocent. But you need evidence to convict people.

Did she know Rudy Guede? If she did then its possible that she was his accomplice. But if she didn't know Rudy Guede then it makes no sense that she would be part of the crime.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:52 AM

1,496 posts, read 1,856,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggshall View Post
He never claimed to the killer. He also said sex was consensual with the victim and she was stabbed when he was in the bathroom. He was found guilty of the sexual assault and role in the murder but not the stabbiing.
So Rudy Guede claims that he had sex with the victim and then was in the bathroom and came out and the victim was being stabbed by Knox and her bf? That makes no sense at all.

Rudy Guede had a criminal record. It makes much more sense that Guede raped and murdered this girl by himself and then tried to implicate Knox and her bf to get a lighter sentence.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:32 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,166,084 times
Cross contamination was ruled out by DNA Experts and the Italian Courts, there is significant DNA evidence therefore against Knox, who also continually changed her story from hearing Meredith's scream to being far away from the scene. At the police station she did cartwheels and kissed her boyfriend and has remained a very strange character. I also don't blame Meredith's Brother and Sister for wanting her extradited back to Italy.

The Murder of Meredith Kercher

True Justice For Meredith Kercher

The real victims in this case are Meredith's family, who will never see their much loved daughter and sister again.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:35 AM

117 posts, read 110,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
So Rudy Guede claims that he had sex with the victim and then was in the bathroom and came out and the victim was being stabbed by Knox and her bf? That makes no sense at all.

Rudy Guede had a criminal record. It makes much more sense that Guede raped and murdered this girl by himself and then tried to implicate Knox and her bf to get a lighter sentence.
I know it makes no sense. He was found guilty of sexual assault and a role in the murder but not the stabbing.

Rudy did not have a criminal record. That is something the Friends of Amanda keep saying that isn't true. He was never even charged with a crime.

There were 2 other people who restained the victiim. The victiim had no defensive wounds which means she was overpowered by several people. She was an athletic girl and she would have put up a fight if it was just one person. Also since Rudy did the manual rape yet she had two different knife cuts in her neck, he didn't have enough hands to rape plus hold her plus stab her with two different knives.

Also no evidence that he came into the house via that high window which would have been the most illogical point of entry. The grass was not trampled outside, no debris was f ound in the house, no glass was knocked off the sill to the ground below, etc.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
she's not a good person. But there isn't any evidence that shows she murdered Meredith.

why would she do it? There is no motive.

I have to admit that I don't know a lot about the case but every time someone is asked to present evidence they never do. Or they just mention things that are easily debunked. Like the DNA on the cooking knife.

I don't know if she is guilty or innocent. But you need evidence to convict people.

Did she know Rudy Guede? If she did then its possible that she was his accomplice. But if she didn't know Rudy Guede then it makes no sense that she would be part of the crime.
You don't have to prove the motive in a criminal case. People kill for crazy reasons all the time.

But there were tensions between the girls over Knox's lack of cleanliness and the fact she was always bringing men over to the cottage. So there was a basis for a big argument that sprialled out of control. Given Know was abusing drugs (she even had a cocaine drug dealer's phone number in her cell phone and she had called him recently), we can't say she would have the best judgment.

Another data point is Knox and her boyfriend both turned off their cellphones a few hours before the murder. Their cell phone records showed that they never did before. So it is possible that they turned them off because they were planning something like a hazing of the victim.

The kitchen knife DNA was not debunked. THe independent experts admitted it was Kercher's DNA on the blade but tried to argue contamination which basically amounted to contamination is possible which the Supreme Court said is dumb argument...they have to prove contamination happened or at least lay out a logical and specific scenario for how it occurred.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:42 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,728,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

That is what I mean by the look in her eyes ... the "dead/detached" look. Yes it could be anything but I have looked at other pictures of her out and about in social settings and that look is still there. Sort of the dead fish eyes, the hello is anybody home in there. But you cannot convict a person over the look in their eyes.

Thanks for the link. It just seems when the US wants to extradite we are like a dog after a bone going after the individual until the country finally relents. I do recall some countries will put stipulations on the extradition, like you can't execute this person.

I would not think the United States would attempt to apply our laws to other countries as in our double jeopardy law. Of course the US would try to protect a US citizen.

This case won't be over for a long time.
The ironic thing though, is how do any of us know that "that look in her eyes", isn't one of the reasons that so many are convinced of her guilt? I've even read comments, made to the press, by many Italians, who were interviewed, when she was found "not guilty". A large number of the statements, made by those who were angered by the "not guilty" verdict, were judging her...NOT...by the evidence, but by her demeanor. This woman has been deemed guilty, by MANY, due to "the look in her eyes".

As for her coming up with a "viable" suspect and her pointing fingers at the bartender? If you've got someone telling you that you're going down for a murder you didn't commit, and you're harrassed and bullied into telling them who else COULD have committed that murder? I'll tell you what, personally...i'd be desperately trying to think of who in the hell could have or would have done something like that. If you KNEW you didn't do it...wouldn't YOU be desperately looking at who else POSSIBLY could have done it? Anyone? Wouldn't YOU be doing whatever you could, to help the police come up with possible suspects, in order to keep yourself from being convicted for something you didn't do? I WOULD!

If I was being accused of helping rape and murder someone, and I KNEW I was innocent....well, the last thing I'd be worried about is protecting someone else, over MYSELF. Hello?

"Can you think of ANYone....ANYone, who showed an interest in Meredith? Is there anyone who Meredith has ever mentioned, that gave her the creeps? Anyone who Meredith may have been seeing? Anyone who showed an unusual amount of interest in her?"

Oh yeah...I'm quite sure that my imagination could scramble around, in panic mode, until it came up with a possible suspect. It's called desperation.

The perfectly logical answer to this puzzle? Guede. He has proved himself to be a thief and a liar. Sounds like that was known before the Amanda Knox trial. The detectives had likely already come up with a scenario in their heads (imagination?). I think the detectives formulated a "story", then busted their a$$es....creating a "self-fulfilled prophesy". They imagined it to be so.....so they compiled their evidence, in order to make it "appear" so.

As for those who'd claim that Italy isn't corrupt? Hahahaha......good one!

Culture plays a big, big role in this. Anyone have Italian in 'em? Have any Italian relatives, by some chance? Cuz I do! Do you really think that an "Italian" would be as quiet and subdued as her? Do you really think that their eyes would be "dead/detached", if this was happening to them? Oh HELL no! They'd be screaming, gesturing, and be PI$$ED off. You'd see fear and a whole lot of anger in those eyes...OR, they'd be so emotionally distraught, they'd have to be assisted in their ambulation. They are passionate, emotional people! Do you really think that most Italians could remain that "dead/unaffected"?

They can't relate to her. She's not behaving the way they'd behave. Most Americans here...let's be honest...can't relate to her either. They've never been in the situation she's in. She "does not look like someone who's innocent"....because they have a stereotypical image in their heads that she's not fitting. When you couple that with court cases we've seen, in the last decade, where "the law failed to prove what the people felt to be true", yeah...it's reasonable to say that the American public KNOWS that evil, manipulative women are out there. They don't know Knox...but they don't like "that look in her eyes"...and they don't like that she was "Miss Churchy" at home and "Miss Immoral" in Italy. That's enough to convict her....because, there's a "reasonable doubt..that she's innocent".

Old 02-01-2014, 05:47 AM

She accused the innocent black man within a hour of her booyfriend breaking her alibi and saying she left his house that night. She had not even been q uestioned that long.

It was obviously a misdirection. But she also said she was at the house and gave additional details the police did not know yet, that the victim was raped and that the victim screamed.

SHe was not convicted on the way she looks. She wants people to think that. Her behavoir after the murder was weird and that does count against her but it wasn't the bulk of the evidence against her.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:52 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,728,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggshall View Post
She accused the innocent black man within a hour of her booyfriend breaking her alibi and saying she left his house that night. She had not even been q uestioned that long.

It was obviously a misdirection. But she also said she was at the house and gave additional details the police did not know yet, that the victim was raped and that the victim screamed.

SHe was not convicted on the way she looks. She wants people to think that. Her behavoir after the murder was weird and that does count against her but it wasn't the bulk of the evidence against her.
Truth be known, if she was a party animal with a drug habit, she doesn't have a CLUE what happened. It's highly likely that there were MANY nights, when she truly doesn't remember what she did or where she slept.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:57 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,201,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Knox studied linguistics at the University of Washington and made the university's dean's list. She was in Italy to attend the University for Foreigners Perugia for a year, studying Italian, German and creative writing. She partied and socialized while there and apparently didn't have a problem communicating.

My neighbor's daughter attended a university in Italy and she was fluent in the language (she had to be) as she had to live among the natives just as Knox did with her flat.

The no police translator is not really an excuse. Bopping one on the head would not be acceptable here but things are different in other countries.
But was she bopped on the head. She says so. She has said a great many things that were outright lies, I see no reason to put any faith in this particular assertion of her.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:04 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,201,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
Oh, yeah, right, he has sex, leaves Meredith and goes into the bathroom and just then murderers happen to show up and kill her. What a story!!! Why anyone would believe that wild story is beyond me.

But the judge of course had his plan and that was to find 2 innocent lambs guilty - for his purposes.
There may not be three murderers in this trio, but for sure there are no "innocent lambs" either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime