Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 07:13 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
This means absolutely nothing. No one really knows what they were like.
I completely disagree with you, especially in light of the lengthy--and often unorthodox--investigation into the pasts of both PR and JR.

Look up the transcripts of extensive interviews into the Ramseys' friends, extended family, coworkers, hired help, etc. (One example is the initial 2 1/2 hour interrogation of Melinda Ramsey, who was not even in Colorado the night of the crime, after which she broke down in tears.) If these were such psychopathic/sociopathic people, why has no one come forward with this evidence in all these years?

Old 05-29-2015, 09:41 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,343 times
I'll buy that maybe the R.'s hadn't displayed any obvious signs of violent tendencies prior to the night of the crime. So what? This doesn't discount the possibility that one of the family members struck JBR in a fit of unplanned rage, and then the rest of them staged the rest of the crime to look like a sicko did it - so that suspicion would be diverted away from them. I never believed that this crime was planned/premeditated. However, that doesn't change what happened.

Even if the parents weren't responsible for the crime, it appears to me that they knew who did it & were involved in the cover-up.

Many/most wealthy people are arrogant, entitled tools that think the rules don't apply to them. They think they can get away with doing whatever they want because they can hide behind their money & power. And, you know what? In most cases, they're right.

I also wonder about the bed-wetting problem that JBR had. If PR was insistent that she go on these child pageants dressed up in make-up & finery, wouldn't there be an issue with her soiling these expensive clothes (and I'm guessing some/most of them were rented) when she's up on stage for long periods of time? With a little kid who isn't truly "potty trained", I would think that this would be a big problem - I'm sure PR wasn't happy about that...

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 05-29-2015 at 10:08 AM..

Old 05-29-2015, 12:56 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now
Exactly. The FBI was called off by the Boulder PD in the first few days. (The Boulder PD had already made up their mind that the Ramseys were the killers, so they let all other evidence go.) If the FBI had been allowed to come in at the beginning, the case might have been solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Not sure about this.....Does BPD have that power? Well known John Ramsey accused the FBI of being out to get him; proof in a clip from an interview posted.

More confusion here; in this video, starting at 3:00, John Ramsey says the FBI never arrived that morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cw1w3zZXeY

Old 05-29-2015, 01:07 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Originally Posted by CA4Now
Quote:
Exactly. The FBI was called off by the Boulder PD in the first few days. (The Boulder PD had already made up their mind that the Ramseys were the killers, so they let all other evidence go.) If the FBI had been allowed to come in at the beginning, the case might have been solved.
I agree with this completely. ^^^

So why would John Ramsey make opposing statements?

1) The FBI never came.
2) The FBI was out to get me.

We know that from the previous video I just posted, The Colorado Bureau of Investigation was never called.

Everyone wants to solve the crime. But some people can be bribed. Did the Ramseys (or someone) pay off Alex Hunter or someone in the Boulder PD to confuse/wreck the evidence forever?

Old 05-29-2015, 01:37 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
I'll buy that maybe the R.'s hadn't displayed any obvious signs of violent tendencies prior to the night of the crime. So what? This doesn't discount the possibility that one of the family members struck JBR in a fit of unplanned rage, and then the rest of them staged the rest of the crime to look like a sicko did it - so that suspicion would be diverted away from them. I never believed that this crime was planned/premeditated. However, that doesn't change what happened.

Even if the parents weren't responsible for the crime, it appears to me that they knew who did it & were involved in the cover-up.

Many/most wealthy people are arrogant, entitled tools that think the rules don't apply to them. They think they can get away with doing whatever they want because they can hide behind their money & power. And, you know what? In most cases, they're right.

I also wonder about the bed-wetting problem that JBR had. If PR was insistent that she go on these child pageants dressed up in make-up & finery, wouldn't there be an issue with her soiling these expensive clothes (and I'm guessing some/most of them were rented) when she's up on stage for long periods of time? With a little kid who isn't truly "potty trained", I would think that this would be a big problem - I'm sure PR wasn't happy about that...
Regarding your first three paragraphs, thank you for beating me to what I was going to say!

As far as your last paragraph is concerned, though, many "older" kids only wet their beds at night.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I'll buy that maybe the R.'s hadn't displayed any obvious signs of violent tendencies prior to the night of the crime. So what? This doesn't discount the possibility that one of the family members struck JBR in a fit of unplanned rage, and then the rest of them staged the rest of the crime to look like a sicko did it
For a parent to have violently smashed their child's skull, garrotted her, kept her alive long enough to be aware that she was being slowly strangled, sexually abused her.....there would have to be something in that parent's background pointing toward such behavior. (for example, Susan Smith, who drove her children to their death by drowning).

Quote:
Many/most wealthy people are arrogant, entitled tools that think the rules don't apply to them. They think they can get away with doing whatever they want because they can hide behind their money & power.
A stereotype. List one piece of evidence that shows that the Ramseys didn't think "the rules" applied to them.

Quote:
I also wonder about the bed-wetting problem that JBR had. If PR was insistent that she go on these child pageants dressed up in make-up & finery, wouldn't there be an issue with her soiling these expensive clothes...
There are about six threads on this forum about the Ramsey case, many of which discuss the bedwetting theory for pages....and pages. (Have you read any of them?) I think that theory has been disproved.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:45 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,439,215 times
All these years later she is gone, Patsy is gone....are John and Burke still searching for whoever did
this horrible crime to their daughter/sister?

Old 05-29-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
We know that from the previous video I just posted, The Colorado Bureau of Investigation was never called.
Now I see where The Big Lebowski Dude got his idea about the stuck or locked door. Nowhere else in the transcripts--or anywhere that I can see--is a stuck or locked door to the boiler room/furnace mentioned, except in this video.

There's so much conflicting information about this case that it's not a surprise why it hasn't been solved.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
why would John Ramsey make opposing statements?

1) The FBI never came.
2) The FBI was out to get me.
Lots of conflicting info about when the FBI was allowed in to the case. I believe JR thought the FBI would come to the Ramsey home on the Dec 26 (it was the Boulder PD who put the taps on the phones), but they were called off.

"KING: Does the FBI get called in?

J. RAMSEY: We were told the FBI was called, we kept asking where are they, why aren't they here? We were told, well, they're on their way, it takes a couple of hours. And, of course, they never came.

KING: Now, the toughest part of all, John, how do you find your daughter?
"
CNN Transcript - Larry King Live: John and Patsy Ramsey Tell Their Side of the Story - March 27, 2000

Old 05-29-2015, 07:29 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,343 times
Anyone that thinks that just because the parents had no history of violence means that they were incapable of this crime is living in a dream world. Given the right circumstances, anyone is capable of anything.

I'll repeat: I don't think this crime was premeditated/planned. I do think one or more people got angry with JBR & lashed out at her. That does not mean that this person/people had a history of doing this - it could easily have been a one-time act of violence, which then had to be covered up.

Also, for the record I did say that I think one or more family members were responsible for the crime. So, yes, maybe the parents didn't actually do this. But, I believe they knew who did & were covering for them. Note that the parents had a lot to lose if it came out that someone in their family did this. So, I completely believe that the parents would do everything they could to cover up this crime & make it look like a kidnapping gone bad.

Hence, the kidnapping/ransom note. Based on everything I've read, the kidnapping note is the focal point of this entire case. If you think, as I do, that the parents wrote the note, then you must also believe that they knew what happened.

The R.'s were arrogant by not wanting to cooperate with the authorities on this case - this is documented in the Schiller book. Sure, I completely understand wanting to "lawyer up" in a case like this to protect yourself - however, I also think the R.'s should have been a lot more cooperative than they were.

And, yes, the Youtube video did mention that LE tried to open the basement door (where JBR was later found) but that the door was stuck/locked. Well, if this is true, they should have tried harder. However, other sources mention that they didn't try to open the door & completely bypassed this. So, what actually happened? Did they try to open the door, or didn't they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime