Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 11:07 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times

Advertisements

Well, it seems that the judge will render her decision next week.

She is allowing it to be televised, also.

I'll probably miss it, though. W O R K blah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 10:40 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Well, it seems that the judge will render her decision next week.

She is allowing it to be televised, also.

I'll probably miss it, though. W O R K blah!
Some that will be speaking have asked to not be televised, so I guess they will black out that portion. It's probably Arias not wanting the world to hear her beg and pled for life with parole. Judge Stephens has set aside the whole day for this sentencing.

I wonder if Arias' parents will finally speak.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:05 AM

A whole day?!!

Wow!

Do you know what day it will be, Carolina Woman, and if HLN will be televising the sentencing?

I will be tempted to take that day off from work...lol

Old 04-08-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
A whole day?!!

Wow!

Do you know what day it will be, Carolina Woman, and if HLN will be televising the sentencing?

Tweets from Troy Hayden with Fox 10 in Phoenix:

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · Apr 6
Judge has set aside entire day of 4/13 for #JodiArias sentencing. Members of Alexander family expected to speak. No word on Arias herself.

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · Apr 6
Judge Stephens has approved live coverage of #JodiArias sentencing on 4/13. Some witnesses may be off limits.

I don't know about HLN covering it, but it will be streamed live on the internet by the Phoenix TV stations.

I just wonder how many members of the Alexander family will be speaking. There must be a large number of people if the judge set aside the entire day. I am sure Arias will be off limits via the telecast. But she may surprise everyone and speak for hours and hours. lol

I just want her gone ... no more Arias. But with all her manipulations and scheming no telling what will happen on April 13. The victim has been dragged through the mud and blood. I sincerely hope Judge Stephens has the guts to sentence Arias to LWOP.

The Hernandez jury is deliberating and the Boston Marathon bomber jury is deliberating. That is the way a trial should be handled not like this circus that Judge Stephens allowed.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:36 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I just want her gone ... no more Arias. But with all her manipulations and scheming no telling what will happen on April 13. The victim has been dragged through the mud and blood. I sincerely hope Judge Stephens has the guts to sentence Arias to LWOP. .
The way this circus has been going and the way Arias manipulates I wouldn't be surprised to see her sitting on the bench in the judges seat pointing fingers and pulling strings.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:49 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times
Well, if you get the opportunity to watch, do tell the details! Thanks much!!

I would like completion with this, it's been a most interesting case study.

Old 04-10-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
The way this circus has been going and the way Arias manipulates I wouldn't be surprised to see her sitting on the bench in the judges seat pointing fingers and pulling strings.
I don't doubt anything in this mess. I keep thinking Arias is going to pull something on April 13. I wonder if she will appear in jailhouse stripes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Well, if you get the opportunity to watch, do tell the details! Thanks much!!

I would like completion with this, it's been a most interesting case study.
Trinity, I wish I was in Hawaii too.

Can you get YouTube, I know you said you have problems with your provider, but goodness you have Hawaii. lol

Crime TrialVids has every day of the Arias trial on YouTube. I am sure he will post the sentencing and I plan on watching it live but I will post the YouTube video when he downloads it. He has a few Casey Anthony thrown in too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CrimeTimeVids

Old 04-10-2015, 09:24 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I don't doubt anything in this mess. I keep thinking Arias is going to pull something on April 13. I wonder if she will appear in jailhouse stripes.

Trinity, I wish I was in Hawaii too.

Can you get YouTube, I know you said you have problems with your provider, but goodness you have Hawaii. lol

Crime TrialVids has every day of the Arias trial on YouTube. I am sure he will post the sentencing and I plan on watching it live but I will post the YouTube video when he downloads it. He has a few Casey Anthony thrown in too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CrimeTimeVids

Yah,I have You-tube thanks for link!!!

Jodi Arias debacle made it to Maui....a Boys & Girls Club worker got fired for posting a video of children posting social media(Facebook) messages to Arias that they "love her". The worker was using Jodi as an example for Domestic Violence.

Yikes!

Old 04-11-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
A whole day?!!

Wow!

It seems HLN will carry the coverage live too according to this tweet:

Dr. Drew ‏@DrDrewHLN 51m51 minutes ago

#JodiArias will be in court one final time as a judge decides her fate. Don't miss LIVE coverage Monday on #HLN

Nurmi and Willmott filed a Sentencing Memorandum yesterday, asking Judge Stephens to sentence Arias to Life with possibility of parole in 25 years. Maybe this is standard in life sentence cases, I don't know.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_f8f2...60dcff6add.pdf

Last edited by CarolinaWoman; 04-11-2015 at 09:28 PM..

Old 04-12-2015, 06:04 AM

Thanks, Carolina Woman!

I just may take a half-day off tomorrow. Since there is a 2 or 3 hour time difference, I probably won't miss too much.

Whatever she gets, at least it will be over. Of course, I'm fully expecting some last-minute 'delay' to occur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime