Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 09:43 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times

Advertisements

Pedophiles and maybe they were part of it. They knew something or else they wouldn't have covered it up. I never dismissed the idea of the Santa being involved. And the 911 call from the Ramsey house the night of the Santa party. Weren't a few different excuses given? But what if it was JBR trying to call for help. No one answered the phone when the police called back and when they showed up at the door they were told nothing was wrong. Maybe they had little sex games at their parties, maybe the sex game at the White's went wrong somehow and they had to take her body back home.

I don't know if FW was involved, maybe, but JR and PR absolutely were involved somehow.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:22 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,560,051 times
Amazon recently added a documentary "Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey?". I found it pretty telling. It was short and included Lawyer, Darnay Hoffman deposing John and Patsy Ramsey in the first ever footage of them directly answering point blank questions.
Furthermore, this documentary really compares the handwriting on the ransom note, with Patsy's handwriting. Then, the detective gives his best guess, well laid out based on the evidenced, of what happened that night. He explains why Patsy was still in her party clothes from the night before, and why she wrote the ransom note. Most importantly, he lays out why she initially committed unintentional manslaughter, but then had to "finish it off", those becoming murder.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:46 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
I haven't watched Dr. Shill -- ooops; I mean, Dr. Phil -- in years, but I've got this one programmed on my DVR.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:46 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Such a tragic loss of a little life - JonBenet herself often gets overlooked in all the drama and melodrama.

A few misunderstandings are present in this thread. First of all, the foreign DNA was only a tiny, tiny partial sample - and similar DNA was found on unopened packages of the same underwear, indicating that it got there during the manufacturing process. This DNA did NOT clear the Ramsey family, but was not their DNA, either.

As for the rope, tape, and notepad, etc.: A receipt for the exact cost of the tape was found in the house, from a hardware or other store which carried it, dated shortly before Christmas. Unfortunately, there was no surveillance video of its purchase. Like the legal pad on which both the ransom note and the draft to the ransom note were written (the latter showed up only as impressions on unused pages), it probably was in the house prior to JonBenet's death.

JonBenet's medical records (from her pediatrician) from before her murder have never been fully released. It is not clear if the doctor was thoroughly questioned by the police detectives, or if JonBenet's records were entered into the police records. Patsy took her to see the doctor repeatedly during the year prior to her death, for repeated urinary tract infections, something which is not normal at all in a child of five or six.

JonBenet also asked to see the school nurse over and over again- those records are also not public. Why did she seek out the nurse? Was this connected to her many doctor visits?

The police department botched the case, especially during the early hours - why were dogs not brought in? They would have found JonBenet's body immediately. Social influence and wealth helped the Ramseys avoid more intensive investigation and suspicion at the time - later, things looked quite questionable in hindsight. Patsy's peeking through her splayed fingers over her supposedly weeping eyes, and her failure to rush to her daughter's side when John brought JonBenet's body up from the basement make me question what she knew, and what her involvement may have been.

I do not think an intruder was responsible for JonBenet's death. Part of the double-injury, the severe blow to the head, could have been inflicted accidentally. A child of almost ten -a tall child, who weighed 90 pounds, according to his father - twenty pounds more than the average boy of ten - could easily have caused it. So could a slip in the bathtub and a blow to the hard edge of the tub, following an unthinking angry response by an adult. But the rope - that is something else. I pray that JonBenet was unconscious following the blow to her head, and knew no more of what was happening to her...poor lost little girl.

Lost in so many ways.

No scenario of which I am aware accounts for all of the known facts in the case, and it's this lack-of-fitting-together which keeps the case so compelling, in addition to those involved and JonBenet's brief history.

My own theory rules out intruders and includes an accidental or at least unintentionally severe blow to the head by a family member. It seems likely to me that the ransom note was a cover-up, composed by a parent, likely Patsy. There was also some staging in the body's clothing, the blanket, and her positioning.

JonBenet died where she was found - her body was not moved after her death. She was near death when she was placed in that dark little room. I do not know where the original blow and choking took place, but suspect the blow came either in the kitchen and may be connected with the pineapple snack, or in JonBenet's bedroom or bathroom, after which her limp body was carried down the spiral stairs to the kitchen, and then to the basement. She had a little artificial greenery stuck in her hair, which could have been from brushing against the banister of the spiral staircase, which had been decorated with greenery for Christmas.

I do not think JonBenet was asleep when she arrived home from the party, although she may have slept in the car. I do not think Burke was asleep when his mother called 911 the next morning.

I do not think the neighbors or friends of the Ramseys - certainly not the Whites, given their very critical response within a few months of the tragedy, after first being extremely generous and compassionate to the Ramseys - are responsible. I do think they may know more about the Ramseys' personalities, hobbies, and points of view than others, understandably.

It is said that some of Patsy's best friends had intended to have a sit-down talk with her after Christmas about JonBenet's involvement with pageants, and the pressure the child appeared to be under because of these activities. I can well believe that.

Both JonBenet and Burke had a history of bathroom "accidents" well beyond the toilet-training stage, and this could be a very red flag for a child who is being unduly pressured to perform or achieve - or for a child who is being abused sexually. There is ample evidence that this was the case with JonBenet, although her abuser(s) has never been identified. She was certainly under pressure to perform. Both children had suffered during their mother's first chemo and other treatments for the ovarian cancer which eventually took her life, and both were considerably younger and more vulnerable then. Some of the dysfunctional behaviors could have surfaced at this time and would be very understandable. But years later - not so easy to explain.

So yes, I'll be very interested in what Burke has to say and what he says he remembers about that terrible night and day - and the days and nights which followed.

Rest in peace, JonBenet, along with all the other little ones whose lives were stolen from them.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:15 PM

150 posts, read 181,020 times
After reading Patsy's first deposition, I'm just not sure. She said she was in the basement Christmas Day wrapping presents for people. She was on Paxil which is probably why she shows some lack of emotion..but she admitted she was in that basement that day. It's possible that she maybe had split personalities but who knows. Her handwriting differed from time to time like on the pictures.

I really wish there had been some video recording or anything to help figure this out.

What is nylon rope used for anyway?

I was watching some crime show and they're like make sure you leave DNA if you're attacked. Hair samples, handprints, scratch the person - really dig in.

I guess the lesson is to always secure your home. There are some sick people in this world.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:19 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
I will watch, but I don't care much for Dr. Phil anymore. Used to love him, but now his show is too Jerry Springer-ish to me.

I'm interested in watching that other show about JonBenet that is coming up.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:57 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Such a tragic loss of a little life - JonBenet herself often gets overlooked in all the drama and melodrama.

JonBenet's medical records (from her pediatrician) from before her murder have never been fully released. It is not clear if the doctor was thoroughly questioned by the police detectives, or if JonBenet's records were entered into the police records. Patsy took her to see the doctor repeatedly during the year prior to her death, for repeated urinary tract infections, something which is not normal at all in a child of five or six.

JonBenet also asked to see the school nurse over and over again- those records are also not public. Why did she seek out the nurse? Was this connected to her many doctor visits?

The police department botched the case, especially during the early hours - why were dogs not brought in? They would have found JonBenet's body immediately. Social influence and wealth helped the Ramseys avoid more intensive investigation and suspicion at the time - later, things looked quite questionable in hindsight. Patsy's peeking through her splayed fingers over her supposedly weeping eyes, and her failure to rush to her daughter's side when John brought JonBenet's body up from the basement make me question what she knew, and what her involvement may have been.

I do not think an intruder was responsible for JonBenet's death. Part of the double-injury, the severe blow to the head, could have been inflicted accidentally. A child of almost ten -a tall child, who weighed 90 pounds, according to his father - twenty pounds more than the average boy of ten - could easily have caused it. So could a slip in the bathtub and a blow to the hard edge of the tub, following an unthinking angry response by an adult. But the rope - that is something else. I pray that JonBenet was unconscious following the blow to her head, and knew no more of what was happening to her...poor lost little girl.

Rest in peace, JonBenet, along with all the other little ones whose lives were stolen from them.
Well put, well said. JBR's doctor should have been forced to have given up JBR's medical records. But, the inept, weak Boulder LE didn't have the balls to make him do this.

You're right about the dogs. Good point! I also believe that well-trained dogs would have found the body of JBR immediately.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 09-08-2016 at 06:11 PM..

Old 09-08-2016, 09:28 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
First of all, the foreign DNA was only a tiny, tiny partial sample - and similar DNA was found on unopened packages of the same underwear, indicating that it got there during the manufacturing process.
Wrong. Read up on the DNA in this case.

Quote:
A receipt for the exact cost of the tape was found in the house, from a hardware or other store which carried it, dated shortly before Christmas.
Not for that tape.

Quote:
Patsy took her to see the doctor repeatedly during the year prior to her death, for repeated urinary tract infections, something which is not normal at all in a child of five or six.
Wrong. Discussed ad nauseum on the other threads.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:00 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Burke looks psycho with that half grin in the promo where Phils asking him a question.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:55 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
I don't think Burke is going to shed any more light on the subject than what is already known. Dr. Phil is just starting off his new season with a ratings publicity stunt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime