Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2016, 02:09 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,001 times

Advertisements

Burke is the one saying he talks to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 02:10 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Hmmm. That's exactly what I came in to say. Some of us theorized that they had a fight over Burke's toy and that's why he hit her. Seemed pretty fishy when John came out and made a point of how Burke was so very forgiving when she broke his toys. Gotta keep the coverup going. Overkill again.
Lie and deny the Ramsey Family motto.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:12 PM

150 posts, read 181,000 times
5 more hours and we will know the fate of this little girl. I have complete faith in these experts- they're leading experts in their field. I wonder if they'll say something and throw it off?? Can't hardly wait..OMG.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:24 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
Burke is the one saying he talks to her.
I assumed so from your post.

Good to hear he has spiritual beliefs.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:59 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
John says the real story isn't what happened to Jon Benet but rather, what happened to him and his family.

Huh?

My God! What kind of father would even think, much less say such a thing.

Forget the murdered kid...they didn't treat him right!

Good God!

Old 09-19-2016, 03:19 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times
It's not "creepy" to talk to the dead -- at least in your heart and mind -- if you believe in the survival of the spirit, which most with religious convictions do. You would likely also believe in heaven, which you would believe to be an improvement -- or "more fun" -- than this world. I certainly do, and I'm not Burke.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:22 PM

14,474 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Yes, they could have told him he'd go to jail or to the loony bin. That would definitely have shut him up.

This will not happen but I wish it would: Now that the cat is out of the bag, Dr. Phil contacts Burke and asks him to come back on the show. I mean, Burke MUST be watching the CBS special and even if he isn't, I bet someone will tell him what they are saying and that no one believes him anymore.

Dr Phil is more or less on Burke's side and Burke and John seem to trust him. So Dr Phil would be the safe and appropriate person to have Burke on again for another talk. Being a shrink, he will tell him that when a person confesses, the person feels much better. No one is going to blame him. They will sympathize with him and then he'll feel so much better. So Burke finally comes clean.
If Burke had admitted it at age 9, and it was an accident (the death being the accident) what would have happened to Burke?

Old 09-19-2016, 03:25 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times
According to another Dr. Shill show on which he and Nancy Grace discussed a child murderer, one could be released in the custody of a willing family member or approved friend and receive counseling. A child wouldn't "be sent to the looney bin or jail." But I still maintain that being weird doesn't make one a murderer.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:43 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
If Burke had admitted it at age 9, and it was an accident (the death being the accident) what would have happened to Burke?
I think people have said on here that nothing would have happened to Burke. He was too young.

However, the parents probably didn't know that at the time. And to keep him quiet, they may have told him that he would be put in jail or sent away.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:53 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
The business about the foreign DNA found on JB's clothing is such a red herring - finding it only proved that that particular DNA didn't belong to any of the Ramseys, but to someone else. They were "cleared" of not being the source of that DNA only. Claiming that the discovery of this fragmented DNA therefore cleared the Ramseys is both devious and disingenuous.

You know, John and Burke Ramsey were presented very sympathetically on today's Dr. Phil show. So much so that I, who've followed this case for many years and have always leaned towards the absence of an intruder, really wanted for them - especially Burke, some of whose words were very touching today, to convince me that they are innocent of killing JonBenet and covering up the circumstances of her tragic death.

But I just couldn't feel that convinced. What I do feel is an increased sense of the great tragedy this was for the survivors, family and non-family, especially Burke. No matter what his role was in his sister's death, his life has been severely, severely impacted, and I'd venture that much of his "awkwardness" resulted from that severe impact.

I suppose no one really wants to believe that a supposedly loving family could cause the death of one of their children in any other way than by tragic accident (car or otherwise), much less engaging in a 20-year-long cover-up, pointing their fingers at innocent friends and acquaintances, founding a non-profit in their child's memory but then never donating to it or donating the few funds it raised to counter other supposedly similar cases, could refuse to cooperate with authorities from the very beginning, and on and on.

Remembering that one such supposedly loving family can be proved to have done many of those things, short of absolute proof that they caused the death of their child, reminds me that I am not ready to declare them innocent of that child's death, tragic though the impact of that terrible loss has been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime