Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 06:40 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
I WONDER if anyone is looking after the dogs...........
It says in the article that a nieghbor came by to walk them so yes, it does sound like they are being cared for.

Last edited by MissTerri; 12-06-2016 at 07:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 07:07 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
I'm not sure what I would do if I was in their situation.

Imagine the paparazzi smelling money for the rare photo of Sherri?

Old 12-06-2016, 08:17 AM

2,203 posts, read 3,360,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I'm not sure what I would do if I was in their situation.

Imagine the paparazzi smelling money for the rare photo of Sherri?
Yet they are also encouraging ongoing media attention with her husband continuing to give tv interviews.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:19 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
I don't think they just abandoned the family dogs...the guy in the article was seen walking them both...I'm sure they have made arrangements for the dogs to be brought to them or friends/family re home them...could be one of a thousand innocent reasons they didn't bring them...

Old 12-06-2016, 09:04 AM

44 posts, read 42,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Did you miss the post above yours that says they moved out and left the dogs behind?

That's not responsible. That's not intelligent. That's not adult.

If it turns out to be true, I don't even want to say what I hope happens to them.
I think title of the article was slanted to make it sound like they neglected the dogs, but if you read the article you'll see that they had gotten a friend to care for the dogs in their absence.

I don't know what's going to become of this case. I'm concerned we will hear nothing more about it. Are police dragging their heels, or are they hot on the trail of the people who did this and we don't know about it? Is the 2 Hispanic women story true at all????

Old 12-06-2016, 09:27 AM

44 posts, read 42,513 times
Sheriffs are forced to deny they think Sherri Papini abduction case is a HOAX after rogue employee says they haven't ruled it out | Daily Mail Online

How much credibility do you give to this source at the Sheriff's Office who says a hoax isn't ruled out? I'd like to hear from the reporter who talked to that source, to get their take.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:49 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
I read several different reports about the family fleeing to stay with relatives. Some of the reports made mention that they're staying in "cold country"and other said several hours away or in the north part of the state.

Why would they go to stay somewhere far away and not take the two family dogs with them?
How can I honestly answer that without knowing the real answer? I am not a creature of speculation.

However it might be due to the fact that "reports" have announced that the Papini's have abandoned their house. Apparently there was a life long friend of Keith's walking the dogs, perhaps that friend is house sitting and taking care of the dogs so that people won't break into the Papini house and rob it or squat in it.

Squatting in homes that have been abandoned is a high occurrence here in CA.

They at times have more rights than the property owners...just one of the things I can't stand about this state...renters and squatter have more rights then the actual property owner. It could end up an expensive legal nightmare if squatters took over the Papini house.

Squatters often occupy vacant homes to gain property rights. ... Squatting, also known as “adverse possession,” means moving into a property without the owner's permission. In California, state law addresses the issue of squatters, and in some cases, their rights cannot easily be abridged.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:50 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,856,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness1969 View Post
I think title of the article was slanted to make it sound like they neglected the dogs, but if you read the article you'll see that they had gotten a friend to care for the dogs in their absence.

I don't know what's going to become of this case. I'm concerned we will hear nothing more about it. Are police dragging their heels, or are they hot on the trail of the people who did this and we don't know about it? Is the 2 Hispanic women story true at all????
I think LE is quietly working to confirm or deny details.

We had a sad story last year in my area where a black man reported that his 3 month old baby had been abducted at gunpoint by an Asian woman, and supposedly the Asian woman hit him and he had injuries to prove it.

The details didn't add up and he ended up being charged with the baby's murder but it took some time before it was announced to the public.

Old 12-06-2016, 10:04 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Quote:
I read several different reports about the family fleeing to stay with relatives. Some of the reports made mention that they're staying in "cold country"and other said several hours away or in the north part of the state.

Why would they go to stay somewhere far away and not take the two family dogs with them?
Oh good lord, maybe because they are already burdening their new hosts with enough and didn't want to add 2 dogs to the mix? I'm sure the dogs are being cared for.

Old 12-06-2016, 10:33 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
How do you know a neighbor isn't caring for the dogs, or if the previous poster is correct????

THINK
Agreed.

Quote:
Why would caring, responsibility people leave their poor dogs behind? Several major news sources reporting this now.

Abducted California jogger skips town with family and leaves dogs behind

A neighbor who lives next door and who said he has known Keith since he was five years old said, "I don't think they are ever coming back."
Actual verbiage from one article from a news source that is...less than stellar...states:

Quote:
A friend of Keith's was spotted at the Papini's house on Saturday by the New York Post and said he was there to walk the family's two dogs while they were away.
'I don’t think they’re ever coming back here again,' said one neighbor.
Nothing about them abandoning the dogs.

The above from the Daily Mail.... I would dearly love to read what the New York Post reported about this.

Quote:

Same article:
Quote:
Another neighbor meanwhile said that the couple and their two children were 'way up north' with 'wealthy relatives.'

I do have a problem with so many links coming from the Daily Mail. By most accounts, it is on par with the Star and the National Enquirer.

dailymail.co.uk - Real or Satire?
https://www.quora.com/How-credible-is-the-Daily-Mail

Wikipedia doesn't really get into the nitty gritty about whether they are or aren't:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mail

On other forums, I don't think I can link them here, they claim that the physical newspaper is more legit than their internet paper. The talk is that they take a nugget of the truth and twist it to be more sensational. In other words, make it more sensational to draw traffic to the site. Unfortunately, the US has become the leader in who is accessing the site. Most of those that live in the UK, know what the Daily Mail online is in actuality and don't believe half of what is posted.

If you want to dig for yourself, just type in your browser bar: Is the "Daily Mail" a credible news source?
Follow all the links and gather your own info and make your own decision.

***Disclaimer***
Instead of making another post, I'm just going to state my piece here. Has nothing to do with the post I have quoted, nor the person that I have quoted.

Lately, I have seen more and more links to the Daily Mail as a news source. It would help tremendously if we can get at least two or more sources to back up the report, before considering it legitimate news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime