Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 05:48 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Just so I'm clear, does that mean there is no article saying that a "lifelong" friend addressed the issue of the dogs being left behind?
Spot on. I read it yesterday...actually posted the link and today had mixed up the "buddy" with the neighbor who has known Keith since he was 5.

Honest mistake. No ill intentions, no speculation intentions, no make it up intentions, no harm done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 05:57 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Spot on. I read it yesterday...actually posted the link and today had mixed up the "buddy" with the neighbor who has known Keith since he was 5.

Honest mistake. No ill intentions, no speculation intentions, no make it up intentions, no harm done.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:03 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
On another site, I read that female migrant farm workers frequently use cloth and/or bandannas to cover their face, mouth, nose from the sun and/or dirt while they are working.

Also, that both before and after their work hours, they drive around/shop/navigate in public with these face coverings on.

As well as that the face coverings they use, leave only the eyes visible in much the same manner as muslim head dress.

Are there any locals here that can attest to that? Is that a common thing where SP lived such that she would not feel threatened by two women pulling up in a vehicle next to her in her neighborhood?

Old 12-06-2016, 06:21 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,340,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
On another site, I read that female migrant farm workers frequently use cloth and/or bandannas to cover their face, mouth, nose from the sun and/or dirt while they are working.

Also, that both before and after their work hours, they drive around/shop/navigate in public with these face coverings on.

As well as that the face coverings they use, leave only the eyes visible in much the same manner as muslim head dress.

Are there any locals here that can attest to that? Is that a common thing where SP lived such that she would not feel threatened by two women pulling up in a vehicle next to her in her neighborhood?
What a rabbit hole I am going down now:

Bandana Project protests sexual violence against women farmworkers – People's World

I live a very sheltered life in some ways

From the article, and other things that I have been bringing up with Google search, the bandana is to protect them from sexual abuse. Along with baggy clothing and long sleeves. You cannot see the face to tell if they are attractive.

I'm forever thankful for what I have.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:57 PM

131 posts, read 160,598 times
Latest update: Keith Papini not ruled out as suspect

Abducted jogger’s husband not ruled out as a suspect | New York Post

Old 12-06-2016, 07:13 PM

61 posts, read 52,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
To me, it sounds the those women should be prosecuted for a hate crime as they clearly had a problem with being a beautiful blonde woman. I have no doubt what she said is true as her husband passed an intensive polygraph test and her injuries are serious. She is a responsible, intelligent, adult woman not suffering from teenage hormone issues.

I hope that some day they can put this behind them and show the world how strong they are.
I agree with that. Exactly what I thought when I heard the description of the kidnappers.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:28 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
In that blog she wrote about being a skinhead under her maiden name, she claimed that she had been attacked by Latino women that year and that she had broken one of their noses, and they had beat her pretty good. The in-laws say she was never beaten; that the story she wrote wasn't true.
She claimed to have had her leg broken on the second incident. That shouldn't be difficult for the police to confirm or debunk.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:54 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I also don't like to reference online news reporting outlets, however with that being said I do find that Daily Mail usually has the most detailed and most accurate postings.

In post #19 I also posted the Daily Mail account that Keith's life long friend was walking the dogs.

I tend to never put much stock in any news source. Most of the time they are either wrong, partially correct, or put a biased twist on the story.

I find it bizzare how so many folks are speculating on this case with no facts or evidence to substantiate it. *shrugs*
I read dailymail quite often myself but some things they write is annoying such as calling Sherri "supermom" over and over. SMH.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:20 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
can we please not make this a repeat of the last thread which got shut down because of the two of you going at each other like a couple of horny roosters?

Everybody has an opinion.

Move on.
+1000

Old 12-07-2016, 06:01 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,492,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsleepy View Post
Latest update: Keith Papini not ruled out as suspect

Abducted jogger’s husband not ruled out as a suspect | New York Post
What the NY Post is reporting here essentially contradicts what the Sheriff reported at the time she was found.

NY Post:
"Sherri, 34, had been severely beaten, branded and starved. Her blond locks had been chopped off. When she was found, her body showed signs of extreme torture".

Sheriff Tom Bosenko:
"She is safe, in stable condition and receiving medical clearance at an undisclosed hospital".[emphasis mine]

I think it's very telling that he chose the word "clearance" rather than "treatment". This suggests to me that she was in relatively good condition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime