Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 09:13 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
One of his surviving victims, who was 13 at the time, said that she had read enough about him that when he attacked her, she tried to respond in an unexpected way.

“My instinct said don’t let him see you sweat.”

She believed she knew that he got off on seeing the fear of his victims, so each time he threatened to hurt her or her mother she said, “I don’t care.”

Wardlow, now 53 and with a daughter of her own, says that she was...

Margaret Wardlow, 13-year-old victim of Golden State Killer, told attacker
I saw her on the HLN series. She was a spitfire and is still thankfully. They said, though, if she tried that a few years later it might not have ended up the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 11:03 AM

2,070 posts, read 892,524 times
Default Golden State Killer suspect may be linked to earlier Cordova cat burglar attacks

As he entered, he made sure to first plot out his escape, and then often headed for the bedroom — where he would linger and watch unsuspecting homeowners sleep. Along the way, he'd grab purses and wallets and sometimes seek out special trinkets like coin collections, car magnets and photos of female residents.

In 1972 and 1973, in this eastern part of Sacramento, this prolific cat burglar struck more than 30 times.

Now decades later, investigators are increasingly convinced Joseph James DeAngelo Jr., who has been charged with eight murders across the state, was this cat burglar. They believe this is where the man they now accuse of being the prolific Golden State Killer got his start, graduating over the next 14 years to increasingly violent and ultimately deadly crimes.

Golden State Killer suspect may be linked to earlier Cordova cat burglar attacks

Last edited by MissPickel; 05-10-2018 at 11:44 AM..

Old 05-10-2018, 11:31 AM

2,070 posts, read 892,524 times
Default DeAngelo and wife slept in separate bedrooms

The former police chief also said years ago, DeAngelo once gave him a tour of his home, explaining that he and his wife slept in separate bedrooms. Willick said he wondered if that living arrangement may have enabled DeAngelo to sneak out of his house in the middle of the night.

'Golden State Killer' suspect once planned to kill ex-police chief who fired him | abc7.com

Old 05-10-2018, 12:42 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,733,370 times
The DNA is ace, but, so far, no "media leaks" about a smoking gun (aka trophy) tying him to any of the crimes.

Old 05-10-2018, 04:45 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
He's now a suspect in four more killings.

Golden State Killer suspect charged in four more slayings

Old 05-12-2018, 07:11 AM

Just saw this. https://www.buzzfeed.com/skbaer/the-...zr#.po6zzp0yKx

Anyone following this case, the EAR/ONS boards have lots of information. Many are very sophisticated sleuths and I know some of the families of the victims have followed the board in hopes of finding the guy one day.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:13 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
https://www.buzzfeed.com/skbaer/the-...d-two-men-rape

Apparently, when DeAngelo was 9 or 10 and his sister was SEVEN years old, 2 airmen at the airbase in Germany where his father were stationed had raped her.

Wow. Aside from how astoundingly sad that is, this says a lot. It doesn't say it explicitly, but they must have tied him up and made him watch. Think they used shoelaces to tie him up just as he used shoelaces to tie up his victims?

Assuming the story is true, what do you think? Does this explain a lot. Sounds a lot like Hannibal Lecter eating people because those WWII partisans ate his sister. Truly sad.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
https://www.buzzfeed.com/skbaer/the-...d-two-men-rape

Apparently, when DeAngelo was 9 or 10 and his sister was SEVEN years old, 2 airmen at the airbase in Germany where his father were stationed had raped her.

Wow. Aside from how astoundingly sad that is, this says a lot. It doesn't say it explicitly, but they must have tied him up and made him watch. Think they used shoelaces to tie him up just as he used shoelaces to tie up his victims?

Assuming the story is true, what do you think? Does this explain a lot. Sounds a lot like Hannibal Lecter eating people because those WWII partisans ate his sister. Truly sad.
First, I wonder about the veracity of the claim. If it is true, it might explain some of what motivated this guy. He recreated the trauma, reliving it over and over again. It's like growing up in a dysfunctional family unit where, when you're older, you "re create" the same environment at work, in your own home, over again, the same dynamics, but unconsciously. If the men had "uniforms" on that might explain why he became a police officer, too?!

Says his father was abusive and mom, too. I wonder about the parents more than anything else, too. Their dysfunctional marriage, who knows what else he saw?

Old 05-13-2018, 10:40 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I agree. And it does explain a lot.

Old 05-13-2018, 01:26 PM

764 posts, read 392,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
First, I wonder about the veracity of the claim. If it is true, it might explain some of what motivated this guy. He recreated the trauma, reliving it over and over again. It's like growing up in a dysfunctional family unit where, when you're older, you "re create" the same environment at work, in your own home, over again, the same dynamics, but unconsciously. If the men had "uniforms" on that might explain why he became a police officer, too?!

Says his father was abusive and mom, too. I wonder about the parents more than anything else, too. Their dysfunctional marriage, who knows what else he saw?
Noone is born bad. Anyone that commits these crimes, does not come from a warm loving home. There are dynamics that make people this way. What a shame. The last part of his life, is the life he should have been living. I think having those daughters changed him. I wonder if they are ever going to say anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime