Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2017, 07:19 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,520,949 times

Advertisements

Just happened to be browsing last night, and saw on Channel 9, East Coast, a case about a woman married to a very-religious, pillar of the community, man in Kentucky. I happened to come across it, when the story was already 35 minutes on. Therefore, Kentucky is what comes more to my mind, because it was a one-hour show.

It was about a couple in their early 60's, with two sons, one in his early thirties with two children, and one in his mid 20's, who had just came out of the closet, and was very dear to his mother.

The pillar of the community and church, (the husband) decides to set the wife on fire, with her two dogs, that he CLAIMED he loved dearly. The house was completely demolished, and the police found that the fire was set to throw off the case, since she had a bullet to her head. The wife was described as a Saint, and she probably was.

Fast forward: he claims he was in business out-of-state, and provided information to the extent. However, he left the hotel, was captured on cameras, and came up with an excuse during his trial: He had left the hotel to go and find some lady of the night, and get a massage. However, he had a g/f in another part of the state, and was making plans to marry her. Once he killed his spouse, of course, but he had never told his g/f he was a married man. He had also taken an insurance police on his wife, 9 days before he set the fire.

His neighbors could not believe this evil man could have done such a thing to his lovely and wonderful spouse. Neither could his sons. The first trial was a hung jury, second trial......"GUILTY ON FIRST DEGREE MURDER......"

I went to Facebook, but could not find it, checked with Dateline, not able to find it.......wondering if someone else saw it....... Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 08:15 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,501,223 times
That's Keith and Julie Griffith and the episode is called Consumed. I missed that one, guess I'll have to watch it later.

https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/vid...d-668321347568

https://www.inquisitr.com/2974222/ju...burning-blaze/

Old 12-29-2017, 12:52 PM

401 posts, read 332,246 times
Oh, I remember that one, thanks LillyLillyLilly. At first I thought sasie123 said he was a preacher, as there were several preachers on these shows that have arranged for their wives' murder in order to be with another woman. But in this episode, the younger son is gay and was closing in on repairing the relationship with his beloved mother which was torn when she found out. It was so sad that the mother had pushed him away because of that and sadder that she was coming around too the idea when she was murdered.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:43 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,501,223 times
Finally watched this one. At least he had the decency to finally admit he did it. It took letters from 2 of his kids to get him to do it. I guess he figured they already thought he was guilty so why not.

But he never admitted to intending to do it. He claimed he loved his wife and wanted to be with her and didn't kill her for money. So why? He claimed it just happened. He had hours of driving time on the way there to come out of this supposed fog. He can admit he killed his wife but can't admit he was in love with that other woman and wanted to be with her. Very strange way of thinking.

Old 01-05-2018, 03:50 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,231,638 times
I cannot imagine the pain those boys must feel. So sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime