Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2018, 07:29 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatico View Post

Even if Ms. Doe were to walk drunk and scantily-clad through a bad neighborhood at 3AM, that would not excuse/justify anyone who may victimize her.

That being said, I hope you can agree that those of us who point out that she exercised very poor judgement, and placed herself in that situation, should not be accused of "victim-blaming".

These two bolded statements are a bit of a contradiction.

Also...
Can you point out Ms Doe's dishonesties mentioned.

Last edited by virgode; 01-10-2018 at 07:38 PM..

Old 01-10-2018, 07:36 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,435,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
If she wasn't attacked, how did she wind up in the hospital with injuries?

Look, if it makes you feel any better, this woman has suffered too. She also has to live with this for the rest of her life.

What injuries?

She had no injuries I'm aware of that aren't consistent with being falling down drunk on concrete and proceeding to have consensual sex on said concrete strewn with pine straw, etc.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:48 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,606 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
What injuries?

She had no injuries I'm aware of that aren't consistent with being falling down drunk on concrete and proceeding to have consensual sex on said concrete strewn with pine straw, etc.
I agree. This young man's life is ruined, completely.

It's not fair. At all.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:51 PM

109 posts, read 66,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
Looks like he made a few poor decisions, too. He wound up as a registered sex offender as a result.
There's no question that Brock made a number of poor decisions that night. He's acknowledged that, and he's paying a very high price for them. I would argue that Emily Doe made an equal number of poor decisions that night, yet she's been hailed as a hero "to girls everywhere".

And let's bear in mind that Brock's name and the allegations against him were made public immediately, long before he was ever convicted of anything. Emily Doe's name has been protected from day one. Her name, even if Brock had been acquitted, would remain so. That fact alone reveals an obvious presumption of guilt. In contrast, Emily was presumed to be a victim, and treated as such, simply because she said so. You don't see anything wrong with all of this?

Old 01-10-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
If she wasn't attacked, how did she wind up in the hospital with injuries?

Look, if it makes you feel any better, this woman has suffered too. She also has to live with this for the rest of her life.
Please enumerate the injuries that you are claiming she suffered. She was in the hospital largely because she had drunk herself into unconsciousness, which lasted several hours. Brock didn't force her to drink alcohol, did he?

It doesn't make me feel better at all to see anyone suffer. Not her, not Brock, not anyone.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:08 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,373,059 times
If your wallet was stolen because you were drunk, it would still be a crime and the thief would still be punished. Not you.

So the fact that the victim here was drunk, is meaningless.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
There's no question that Brock made a number of poor decisions that night. He's acknowledged that, and he's paying a very high price for them. I would argue that Emily Doe made an equal number of poor decisions that night, yet she's been hailed as a hero "to girls everywhere".

And let's bear in mind that Brock's name and the allegations against him were made public immediately, long before he was ever convicted of anything. Emily Doe's name has been protected from day one. Her name, even if Brock had been acquitted, would remain so. That fact alone reveals an obvious presumption of guilt. In contrast, Emily was presumed to be a victim, and treated as such, simply because she said so. You don't see anything wrong with all of this?
Again...Where are Ms Doe's dishonest statements?

Old 01-10-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:

And let's bear in mind that Brock's name and the allegations against him were made public immediately, long before he was ever convicted of anything.

Emily was presumed to be a victim, and treated as such, simply because she said so. You don't see anything wrong with all of this?
Pretty much protocol.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
If your wallet was stolen because you were drunk, it would still be a crime and the thief would still be punished. Not you.

So the fact that the victim here was drunk, is meaningless.
I think you're offering a poor analogy. A crime is a crime, of course. But if I leave my keys in my car with the windows down in a bad neighborhood, I have to accept some responsibility for that. That doesn't absolve/justify a criminal taking advantage of me and stealing my car, and they should be punished. At the same time, I can't drink 4 shots of liquor, go to a frat party, continue drinking until I'm beyond capacity and memory, and then later claim that I was sexually assaulted because someone told me I was. That's what happened here. That's what we're talking about. This young woman has no idea what happened that night. Yet, she's willing to accuse another person of sexually assaulting her and claiming the role of victim. It's truly sick.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:18 PM

Unconscious
not conscious; without awareness, sensation, or cognition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime