Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 06:11 PM

764 posts, read 392,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Sorta reminds me of 'I never had sex with THAT women'. Alrighty.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ton/index.html
A man made famous for his role in the Casey Anthony case apologized Sunday to his wife and children, and asked for the public's forgiveness, for visiting the cheating website Ashley Madison.
Wow that Jeff Ashton! I never liked him now even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 06:42 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,072,062 times
Do you think the not guilty verdict was because Casey Anthony was a woman, and people are more sensitive when it comes to a woman being executed for a crime, and just couldn't send her to death row therefore?

Old 07-16-2018, 02:23 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Do you think the not guilty verdict was because Casey Anthony was a woman, and people are more sensitive when it comes to a woman being executed for a crime, and just couldn't send her to death row therefore?
People are more sympathetic to females on trial, however, I think the jurors simply couldn't convict her because they didn't have enough evidence. The public most certainly has not been sympathetic towards Casey Anthony.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:34 PM

928 posts, read 970,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
People are more sympathetic to females on trial, however, I think the jurors simply couldn't convict her because they didn't have enough evidence. The public most certainly has not been sympathetic towards Casey Anthony.
Agree, I think she's the most hated woman in America.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:08 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
A murder becomes very difficult to prove when there is no direct physical evidence to be found.

That was the problem the Anthony jury faced. The smell of decomposition in the car, for example, only showed a mammal decomposed inside the car or close to it on the outside. The smell of a dead cat is just the same as a dead human.

The conclusion the smell came from a decomposing child is natural, when a child is missing, but only because missing children are missed. Stray cats also go missing, but they're not missed as much as a child because no one cares about their disappearance. So the presumption that the smell comes from a dead child becomes false unless there is no possibility a dead cat can't get stuck under a car, unnoticed, decompose, and then fall off while the car is driving down the street later.

Since all dead mammals smell the same, then the dead cat has to be ruled out as a possibility. If the dead cat's body, stuck underneath the car, goes through a puddle and all stray traces of the dead cat are washed away, the smell will still linger in the trunk of a car, even if all signs of the cat are gone.

So, when there is no physical evidence, the prosecution has to be able to build a solid line of events that have no other possibilities other than murder present in the line. Logic has to replace the physical evidence. Logical conclusions are factual, but the line of logic has to be in an incontrovertible chain where no other conclusion can be reached other than murder. There can be no possibilities or alternatives in solid logic- they all have to be ruled out and removed from consideration.

A simpler example: We don't know how gravity works. All we know is if we fall, gravity will pull us down. So if we fall off a ladder, we will continue to fall until something stops us. The fall says nothing about why a person fell or how the fall came about.

A slippery rung can be the cause, or not. We can suspect it was slippery, but if there's no evidence that it was, the cause could have been a mis-placed foot, or a loose-fitting shoe.
Even testimony won't clear that up; the person who fell can honestly say it was a misplaced foot, but a loose fitting shoe was the reason why the foot was misplaced, and the person never realized the shoe was loose.

If the person dies from the fall, then it's even harder, because a dead person can't testify.

That was the problem in the Anthony trial. By typical human reckoning, everything directly pointed to Casey, but there was nothing that could be backed up by solid factual logic or direct evidence.

A jury is admonished to leave their opinions aside and just study the facts. When there's no evidence, then the logic must only lead to one conclusion.

That was the jury's problem. Everything about the death was covered with alternative possibilities. There was simply no way for the jury to eliminate them all.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:39 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,072,062 times
When you say everything pointed to her, how many things were pointing to her though? For example, if you are innocent of a crime, and you had say over 3 or four things pointed at you, then that would make it an unreasonable doubt, because there is no way an innocent person can have over four things pointed towards them and it would be a reasonable number, would it?

Old 10-19-2018, 04:27 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,596,122 times
My wife and I just watched a U.S. made documentary about the case on U.K. TV, although we knew of the case as we were in FL once or twice per year from the mid nineties up until 2012.
It featured ex FBI agents and profilers, a British woman, who was an ex Scotland Yard profiler, and an ex FBI linguistics expert, who could give an opinion on what people meant when they wrote suicide notes etc.
One thing that caught our attention, while the evidence was being discussed, was Florida’s Sunshine Law, where apparently once evidence is turned over to the prosecution, it can then be accessed by the public.
This allegedly led to all the furore from the public, who were convinced that Casey Anthony was guilty.
My wife said, “If anyone can access Public Records in Florida, does that mean our marriage licence details from Hernando County Courthouse, in Brooksville in 1994 are open to view?”
I said, “I guess so, but so what?”
She said, “I don’t think I want people to know that I was a divorcée when we married, or that it was your second marriage too.”
I said, “What difference does that make, it’s no State secret?”
She said, “If it’s only available to Floridians, that’s okay, but I’d hate think that Gary and Rita from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, who we met in Seville, Spain, would be able to find out.”
I love her to pieces, but I think that she’s nuts sometimes.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:45 PM

377 posts, read 382,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
When you say everything pointed to her, how many things were pointing to her though? For example, if you are innocent of a crime, and you had say over 3 or four things pointed at you, then that would make it an unreasonable doubt, because there is no way an innocent person can have over four things pointed towards them and it would be a reasonable number, would it?
It's impossible for Casey Anthony to be completely innocent here. She may not have killed the girl, but if she didnt then she knows who it is and isn't telling.

Mothers never stay silent about a murder/disappearance of their child unless 1) they did it; 2) they know who did it, usually a boyfriend or significant other

Old 11-10-2018, 12:16 AM

377 posts, read 382,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
George and Cindy both testified finding the pool step gate down on June 17th, the day after Caylee was last seen; that gave plausability to Casey's drowning story. Then you've got Cindy lying about computer searches. George Anthony's time line that Casey and Caylee left with back packs on at 12:30 is way off too, and George's suicide note apologizing to Casey. What's that about??

From the start Anthonys talked out of both sides of their mouth. Problem with that,; it doesnt go unnoticed. Sorry, they can't have it both ways.
There is absolutely nothing that gives plausability to anything that Casey ever said. She's a pathological liar and every statement out of her mouth is a lie. Even her parents admit that.

There's zero percent chance that Caylee "accidentally" drowned in the pool and yet Casey decides to keep that info to herself for 31 days and instead concoct some fake kidnapping story.

I would bet my life and everything I own on the fact that Casey killed her.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:41 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by platon20 View Post
There is absolutely nothing that gives plausability to anything that Casey ever said.
Wow...that news to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime