Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 05:00 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You'd have a point if George and Cindy didn't fail to act after discovering the smell in that trunk. How could they sit on that for so long? How could Cindy LIE about that computer search?

I get that Casey is their daughter but Caylee was their granddaughter and you'd think they'd want justice for her.

George and Cindy are blamed for their role in this whole debacle, not because their daughter killed their granddaughter.
Why aren't you vilifying the guy at the towing facility who also noticed the smell in the car and failed to act on it?

How hard would it have been for him to call the police to check out the car?

And then there is the fact that Caylee was long dead before the car even reached the impound lot, when the smell was reported to the police wouldn't have changed anything.

As far as Cindy lying about the computer search, to this day she cannot bring herself to accept the facts about her daughter.

I can't prove it, but I am sure one of the reasons the prosecution chose not to charge George or Cindy with perjury was because once an expert testified about the tremendous psychological strain they were under the case would have gone nowhere. In a court of law state of mind matters even if it doesn't in the court of public opinion.

George and Cindy's testimony was not the reason the jury chose not to convict. They chose not to convict because the prosecution could not prove cause of death, so, how exactly are Cindy and George responsible for that? George and Cindy had NO ROLE in the not guilty verdict.

Sorry, but I have nothing but compassion for George and Cindy and can forgive their actions considering the position they were in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2018, 06:59 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,501,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

And then there is the fact that Caylee was long dead before the car even reached the impound lot, when the smell was reported to the police wouldn't have changed anything.

It might have changed the course of the investigation. Maybe they'd have gone about it differently if they had an inkling they were searching for a body just a little bit sooner.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
It might have changed the course of the investigation. Maybe they'd have gone about it differently if they had an inkling they were searching for a body just a little bit sooner.
Yea, it could have been a lot sooner if the guy at the towing company had reported it when he first identified the smell.

Casey's car was towed on June 30th. Simon Birch identified the smell 3 days later. The Anthony's didn't pick up the car until July 15th. Cindy called the police on July 15th.

So, exactly why are the Anthony's being vilified about the car and not Simon Birch?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anth...ry?id=13702807

Quote:
Simon Birch, the operations manager for Johnsons Wrecker Service during the summer of 2008, said that Anthony's white Pontiac Sunfire had been on the tow yard's lot for three days when he examined the car's exterior in early July.

"I put my hand up to the glass to shield the sun and look through the windows. At that point, I did notice a fairly strong odor emanating from the vehicle," Birch said. "The instant flash in my mind was, whoah, I know what that smells like."

Old 07-04-2018, 06:27 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Completely agree. Thank you.
It starts when they're young. I disagree with the notion that all parents cover up for their kids at some point for two reasons. 1. The statement seems to confer a certain defeatist attitude as well as normalizing a toxic parenting decision. 2. Not all parents cover up for their kids and for good reason.

Old 07-04-2018, 06:29 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Why aren't you vilifying the guy at the towing facility who also noticed the smell in the car and failed to act on it?

How hard would it have been for him to call the police to check out the car?

As far as Cindy lying about the computer search, to this day she cannot bring herself to accept the facts about her daughter.

I can't prove it, but I am sure one of the reasons the prosecution chose not to charge George or Cindy with perjury was because once an expert testified about the tremendous psychological strain they were under the case would have gone nowhere. In a court of law state of mind matters even if it doesn't in the court of public opinion.

George and Cindy's testimony was not the reason the jury chose not to convict. They chose not to convict because the prosecution could not prove cause of death, so, how exactly are Cindy and George responsible for that? George and Cindy had NO ROLE in the not guilty verdict.

Sorry, but I have nothing but compassion for George and Cindy and can forgive their actions considering the position they were in.
I didn't say George and Cindy were responsible for the verdict.

I didn't say George and Cindy were responsible for Caylee's death.

I said George and Cindy are responsible for not following through on their suspicions of Casey's involvement in Caylee's death and of trying to cover up for her.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:00 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Casey is unemployed again. In May she closed her photography business. Ray Kronk the guy that found Caylee's body is suing her. Zenaida Gonzalez (the nanny) sued her but the case was thrown out.

Casey Anthony Shuts Down Photography Business After Less Than Three Years: Report
That Zenaida G. lawsuit was just a dumb stunt imo. Im surprised any attorney even took it on.

Even though I think Casey was responsible, I agree with the jury, the prosecution was not able to prove it and did a lousy job trying.

Old 07-04-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I didn't say George and Cindy were responsible for the verdict.

I didn't say George and Cindy were responsible for Caylee's death.

I said George and Cindy are responsible for not following through on their suspicions of Casey's involvement in Caylee's death and of trying to cover up for her.
How did George and Cindy not follow through on their suspicions?

They called the police the same day they picked up the car and even then, Cindy had to call them three times to get a response.

People should reserve their hate for the only person in this tragedy that truly deserves it.....Casey Anthony.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:08 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times
George and Cindy both testified finding the pool step gate down on June 17th, the day after Caylee was last seen; that gave plausability to Casey's drowning story. Then you've got Cindy lying about computer searches. George Anthony's time line that Casey and Caylee left with back packs on at 12:30 is way off too, and George's suicide note apologizing to Casey. What's that about??

From the start Anthonys talked out of both sides of their mouth. Problem with that,; it doesnt go unnoticed. Sorry, they can't have it both ways.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
How did George and Cindy not follow through on their suspicions?

They called the police the same day they picked up the car and even then, Cindy had to call them three times to get a response.

People should reserve their hate for the only person in this tragedy that truly deserves it.....Casey Anthony.

Hate? No. They were dysfunctional and dishonest since 2008; doesn't appear its changed. Frankly, they're pitiful.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:05 PM

Sorta reminds me of 'I never had sex with THAT women'. Alrighty.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ton/index.html
A man made famous for his role in the Casey Anthony case apologized Sunday to his wife and children, and asked for the public's forgiveness, for visiting the cheating website Ashley Madison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime