Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2022, 05:46 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Don't you believe that DNA evidence was found at the "burial" site? Don't you believe that George Anthony's DNA was not found at the "burial" site?
I don't recall DNA evidence being much of an issue in regards to where the body was disposed of.

Quote:
Why do you think George being a pathological liar is the reason Casey was acquitted?
Because every juror who spoke publicly specifically mentioned George's lies as one of the reasons they couldn't convict Casey.

Quote:
the prosecution's experts did not find the "foolproof suffocation" internet searches.
Why do you keep repeating this lie? The prosecution had the evidence, they entered it into evidence prior to trial, which is where Baez obtained it from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2022, 09:13 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,648,372 times
I think when that middle aged woman came forward and said George visited her home and some sort of sexual activity went on between the two... George got on the stand he denied it but didn't sound that believable...not sure why that was even allowed in except Baez knew George would deny it and probably thought (rightly so) that George would do so badly...I think that made him look like a liar to the jury!

Old 12-30-2022, 09:25 AM

10,989 posts, read 6,857,477 times
Understood... I think he came out later and admitted to the affair after the trial? Can't remember.

Old 12-30-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think when that middle aged woman came forward and said George visited her home and some sort of sexual activity went on between the two... George got on the stand he denied it but didn't sound that believable...not sure why that was even allowed in except Baez knew George would deny it and probably thought (rightly so) that George would do so badly...I think that made him look like a liar to the jury!
Just off the top of my head:

- Lied about the time Casey left the house on June 16th--which was huge, as it was a lie that placed distance between him and Caylee during the timeframe she likely died.

- Lied about the confrontation with Casey over the gas cans.

- Lied about the high speed chase of Casey on the freeway.

Old 12-30-2022, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Just off the top of my head:

- Lied about the time Casey left the house on June 16th--which was huge, as it was a lie that placed distance between him and Caylee during the timeframe she likely died.

- Lied about the confrontation with Casey over the gas cans.

- Lied about the high speed chase of Casey on the freeway.
You have a better memory ...that said both he and Cyndy lied on the stand to mainly protect Casey...I think most people had some degree of sympathy for her parents...losing granddaughter not wanting to lose daughter to prison...I never would have voted not guilty...looking at the totality of the circumstances l believe without a doubt Casey was responsible... now did they over charge? Yes and no...based on the evidence they presented possibly... However if Casey did actually look up those internet searches they didn't...but if there was a question of proving that she did they should have included lesser counts!!! Which I think is the real reason she walked !

Old 12-30-2022, 03:51 PM

Yes. Even without the internet searches, there was enough for "beyond a reasonable doubt," but the jury did not agree. Remember, some of them came out later and said they thought she was guilty.

Old 01-01-2023, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Yes. Even without the internet searches, there was enough for "beyond a reasonable doubt," but the jury did not agree. Remember, some of them came out later and said they thought she was guilty.
Even the judge agreed with the jury's decision.

Old 01-01-2023, 08:47 PM

No he didn't! I'm not getting into this. You can research it for yourself. This is just plain ridiculous.

Old 01-02-2023, 11:48 AM

Quote:
No he didn't! I'm not getting into this. You can research it for yourself. This is just plain ridiculous.
Agree with you, the judge looked shocked when he read the forms to himself before publishing...I believe in later interview he opined he thought the prosecutor had proven their case...

Old 01-02-2023, 11:53 AM

Yes he was very sympathetic to the prosecution when interviewed many times after the trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime