Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 02:56 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,782,650 times

Advertisements

Fox news is just reporting the police has found the student death in the building she was last seen going into....that is all the news they had for now.

Her wedding would have been tomorrow. I'm so sorry for th fiancee and both their families and friends...What a tragedy....

Having a kid in College makes this all feel so close to home....scary how your kids aren't even save at College!

Old 09-12-2009, 02:59 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,153,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Fox news is just reporting the police has found the student death in the building she was last seen going into....that is all the news they had for now.

Her wedding would have been tomorrow. I'm so sorry for th fiancee and both their families and friends...What a tragedy....

Having a kid in College makes this all feel so close to home....scary how your kids aren't even save at College!
82 percent of the time it is someone who knew the deceased. I'm sure her fiance will be the first suspect. Maybe he didn't want to get married. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-12-2009, 03:07 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,756,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
82 percent of the time it is someone who knew the deceased. I'm sure her fiance will be the first suspect. Maybe he didn't want to get married. LOL

20yrsinBranson
Not a thing to laugh about. I am sure they will find the murderer. They apparently questioned a prof for quite long time as his class was canceled about the time she went missing. She was a student of his. So sad. She had such a bright future.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Not a thing to laugh about. I am sure they will find the murderer. They apparently questioned a prof for quite long time as his class was canceled about the time she went missing. She was a student of his. So sad. She had such a bright future.
You know what? People are murdered all the time. Nobody cares about the black girl who is sitting on the porch when somebody drives by and pops her. The media only cares about people who are white, (probably blonde), pretty, young and going to some fancy-schmancy school and who have "such a bright future". You know what? That mentality makes me ill.

I do NOT want to make this a racial post. However, there are a heck of a lot of people getting murdered out there every single day of the week (of all ages, colors, nationalities, etc.,) who have a "bright future" and nobody gives a damn about them. I'm not going to feel sad about someone because the media tells me to.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-12-2009, 03:14 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,612,839 times
Quote:
You know what? People are murdered all the time. Nobody cares about the black girl who is sitting on the porch when somebody drives by and pops her. The media only cares about people who are white, (probably blonde), pretty, young and going to some fancy-schmancy school and who have "such a bright future". You know what? That mentality makes me ill.

I do NOT want to make this a racial post. However, there are a heck of a lot of people getting murdered out there every single day of the week (of all ages, colors, nationalities, etc.,) who have a "bright future" and nobody gives a damn about them. I'm not going to feel sad about someone because the media tells me to.

20yrsinBranson
The woman murdered isn't white.

Yale announces reward for missing student - CNN.com

Old 09-12-2009, 03:34 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,500,032 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
I just made a post about this young woman. So sad. IIRC, the fiance was cleared as a suspect as he was verified to be in NYC at the time she disappeared--I said in the previous post that it is now SOP to suspect those closest to the victim when such things occur. It is also a bit presumptuous to suspect a professor who cancelled a class--although there must certainly be some well-educated and seriously disturbed individuals.

She was planning to obtain a PhD in pharmacology and undoubtedly would have been a productive contributor in the coming years. I am absolutely disgusted that this sort of thing continues to happen across the nation and hope that the informed and concerned constituents of Connecticut's lawmakers will insist that all that can be done to prevent another death at the hands of twisted sociopath be done.

The management of the facility where the reception was to be held said, even before this announcement was made, that the hall will be dark tomorrow.

To respond to the remarks about racial disparity--

A female student was killed during a random shooting on the Spellman College campus last week in Atlanta. They are still searching for those involved and throughout Clark Atlanta University and the surrounding community leaders have implored residents to provide any FYI available. It has been a major local news item for over a week. The national news could do the same if they could shut up about 'Misty Croslin Cummings'/girlfriend/stepmom of Haleigh Cummings who has been missing since February. She has failed polygraphs, her own parents think she knows more than she has told police and her brother and sister in law were interrogated for 2 days after there was a possible sighting of the child in Massachusetts.

Hopefully there will be an arrest and conviction in the Annie Li/Yale student case expeditiously.

Too sad for words, again.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Probably of mixed Asian descent. Privileged. Wealthy. Pretty. Sure wasn't a po' black girl from the projects, 'dats for sure.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-12-2009, 03:43 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,782,650 times
Weird, now they are stating it is a missing person case...but clothes with blood are found...

Old 09-12-2009, 03:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,734 times
Quote:
Probably of mixed Asian descent. Privileged. Wealthy. Pretty. Sure wasn't a po' black girl from the projects, 'dats for sure.

20yrsinBranson
Actually from what I read the reason she worked so hard to get into Yale was to give her family a better life, like the one she didn't have. For speaking out against racism so much...you seem pretty racist yourself.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:54 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,179,319 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
Keep in mind "the media" only reflect viewers -- they simply give people what they want, in exchange for dollars. If TV viewers turned off news about blonde girls but all watched news about the black girl on the porch, you know what stories would get more coverage.

So realize whose mentality is making you ill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.