Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 12:05 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,198,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
personally I would rather him go to jail, they will take care of him much better there. He will be brutalized and murdered in prison. the death penalty would be a treat in comparison.
Unfortunately this rarely happens anymore. He'd be put in protective custody because he is worth millions in appeals for some POS lawyer to make money off of. Look at the guy in FL who murdered the Lunsford girl who just died of natural causes....he was transfered from the Florida State Prison to a local hospital to die just like law abiding citizens do....some sentence.

Maybe this horrible child killers would think twice if they had to face some medieval torture device for execution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 12:51 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
I think they should let these guys out in an arena and let the big tough guys beat them up.

I seriously wish we could just put these people through the most painful thing and then watch them suffer a slow painful death.

I am a liberal FOR death penalty. Why? Because we improve life when we kill scum like this. Get rid of them.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:37 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Pedophiles should not be allowed to live.....with normal people. And yes, I know exactly how this sounds, and I really don't care. People who are incapable of living in civilized society ought to be removed from society and never returned to it. Pedophiles cannot be reformed, and they cannot be trusted. They deserve death immediately upon identification -- but I would happy if they were sent to a prison for life.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:42 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Pedophiles should not be allowed to live.....with normal people. And yes, I know exactly how this sounds, and I really don't care. People who are incapable of living in civilized society ought to be removed from society and never returned to it. Pedophiles cannot be reformed, and they cannot be trusted. They deserve death immediately upon identification -- but I would happy if they were sent to a prison for life.
i completely agree. people who prey on children cannot be rehabilitated, they cannot. They will always have that urge.

And putting them to sleep like a sick animal isn't justice either.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:51 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
Unfortunately this rarely happens anymore. He'd be put in protective custody because he is worth millions in appeals for some POS lawyer to make money off of. Look at the guy in FL who murdered the Lunsford girl who just died of natural causes....he was transfered from the Florida State Prison to a local hospital to die just like law abiding citizens do....some sentence.

Maybe this horrible child killers would think twice if they had to face some medieval torture device for execution.
I don't think most of them would--having heard about obsessions/compulsions until my ears bleed. Look at Philip Garrido and the filth that abducted Elizabeth Smart and on and on and on. I don't have expertise in diagnosing all the mental issues that may be involved but it seems like they all say--'I can't help myself'. Are they truly 'insane'--who knows. Death seems to be the only consequence that is appropriate. Mandatory castration might work--but there would have to be legislation--and I'm certain the global community would have much to say about that.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:55 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Is it me or does this seem to be happening more and more lately? This is extremely sad; it seems like every time I turn on the news a little girl is missing.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:03 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
it's not just little girls missing either! sex offenders need to be on their own island, maybe alcatraz, where they can do no harm.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:34 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,186 times
This little girl lived 15 minutes away from me. Our community is just heartbroken. I have a little girl who is 6, so this terrible crime really hit home.. I'm usually VERY careful , but recently I've been allowing my daughter to draw with chalk on our driveway while I do dishes. I live in a quiet gated community but still, what was I thinking?? No more.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
When they find him, sign me up for the firing squad. In fact, no squad would be needed. I'd do the job myself and not think twice about it.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:38 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Did this child have a father? Just curious...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime