Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 07:26 PM

993 posts, read 2,292,985 times

Advertisements

Just because a woman thinks a murderer is good-looking does NOT mean she likes him, or wants to have a relationship with him. I believe what 20yrs is saying is that it is hard to believe that a good-looking person could be a murderer or other heinous criminal. She is saying that she usually expects such a criminal to to ugly, and is surprised when they are good-looking. This does not mean she or I or any other woman wants to jump in bed with the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 07:31 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,736,641 times
Look at the numbers of both men and women who have committed heinous crimes and receive literally hundreds of letters every day from "fans" who seek both friendship and deeper intimacy. It's nothing new, as old as the hills. Bundy was married to one such "fan" while on Death Row and fathered a child with her. Great traits to pass on, eh? Mother explains to child that his father was a serial murderer but, "he was really a good person otherwise ..."

Old 02-17-2010, 07:34 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,161,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabe09 View Post
Just because a woman thinks a murderer is good-looking does NOT mean she likes him, or wants to have a relationship with him. I believe what 20yrs is saying is that it is hard to believe that a good-looking person could be a murderer or other heinous criminal. She is saying that she usually expects such a criminal to to ugly, and is surprised when they are good-looking. This does not mean she or I or any other woman wants to jump in bed with the guy.
Well, I'm not sure I can comprehend this. Does she think only ugly people commit crimes ? Beautiful people are just so beautiful how is it possible they could suck the life out of another humanbeing ???

Does anyone remember the 20 year old girl from Texas who was so NYC star-struck she picked up and moved here thinking she'd become discovered and famous ? This was just last year maybe ... Well, she met a bouncer at a bar and he took her home and raped and murdered her ... They found her in a dumpster the next day ... Her family was surprised. Why were they surprised?? She was as smart as an eggplant- trusting anyone who told her they'd help her become famous- The people at the bar said she was chatting away about being an actress, getting discoverd, etc ... Ok. And, the guy on the corner selling Rolexes for $15.00 is for real ... I don't know about all over the map, but on this side, you need to be city-smart.

What about the Med student on Craigslist who responded to an ad for a date/girl and when she showed up he raped and murdered her ... We're TOOOOO TRUSTING today !

Wake up before it's toooo late.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:35 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,281,645 times
From the OP, I didn't think she was asking why people are attracted to murderers, rather, why she, in her mind, imagines that they would be as ugly on the outside as they are on the inside. As the sayng goes, don't judge a book by it's cover.

I sincerely hope you haven't judged any "ugly" people because of these preconceived notions about looks and coinciding personality.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:36 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,978,857 times
I always thought Andrea Yates was cute myself

Old 02-17-2010, 07:36 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,574,462 times
Scott Peterson is another good example, or the Menendez brothers. I remember watching Jeffrey Dahmer's televised trial, hard to imagine and unfortunate for their victims. Thanks to forensics, they can't hide behind their attractiveness forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Whenever I think of people who are capable of heinous murders I always envision ugly guys. It always totally freaks me out when I see someone who is what I would consider "cute" that is some kind of freak and capable of horrific crimes. For instance, I always thought that Jeffrey Dahmer was cute (before he went to prison and got fat). If I had seen him on the street I would not have thought...."crazy, insane murderer".

Today on my local "hometown radio" local news section there was a case where a young man 18 murdered his mother and grandmother. And dang if he wasn't cute! I thought to myself. If I had been single, and I would have run into him at a bar I might have been attracted to the guy! (well, if I was 30 years younger). Here is a link so you can see for yourself that he aint' bad lookin' Hometown Daily News

It's too weird that cute guys can be homicidal killers. They should only be ugly and freaky looking.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-17-2010, 07:37 PM

993 posts, read 2,292,985 times
That's true STT. I guess there are some women that find these criminals attractive, it's beyond my comprehension.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:38 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,859,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Whenever I think of people who are capable of heinous murders I always envision ugly guys.
TV has really done a number on men who aren't attractive. No wonder women consider them creepy.

In the last 20 years, there have been a number of high profile cases that should have proved this to be a lie, but memories are short and TV is a very effective conditioning agent.

When it comes to many crimes against women, its almost impossible to be a "success" at it for long if you aren't good looking.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:38 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,161,842 times
This is just a glimpse at how society discriminates, segregates and separates the ugly from beautiful, fat from thin, well dressed from sad/homely ... It leaves me completely baffled. People like that are easy prey and have an instant X on their back.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:39 PM

593 posts, read 1,661,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabe09 View Post

I see what you're saying but in real life, going by what I've seen, that's a red flag. Trust me on that one. Usually people like those are the same one writing to the death row inmates trying to defend them or believe they're innocent because they're cute. I think that's scary. I've seen women actually feeling sorry for these guys despite them being sociopathic murderers, child rapists, etc where they're trying to make campaigns for these guys to get them out of prison. This is how it starts.

I'll give you an example. Troy Kell from Utah. That guy has a fan club of women who feel because he's "cute" that he deserves to get off death row despite brutally killing another inmate in prison while he was doing a life sentence for murder. There's women that are like "the guy he stabbed 67 times deserved what he got". The same goes for somebody like the Night stalker Richard Ramirez which has another fan club. Some of these people do not need the attention or any fan clubs because they are dangerous already and if given the power, will con the system like how Ted Bundy did. People like these don't need the attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime