Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 02:39 PM

1,971 posts, read 3,042,765 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever seen quark cheese in Tucson?

I've been to Trader Joe's and Sunflower but didn't see it. Will try Whole Foods on Speedway next.

For the curious, It's sort of like an unsalty and low fat cream cheese. Popular in Germany. Same thing as "fromage frais" in France. Relatively easy to get a couple places in Minneapolis, where I'm from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 02:43 PM

16 posts, read 53,272 times
Im not sure, there is a place in Sierra Vista that often has it.

Its the Bread Basket (520) 458-8580
You can ask them if they know of any distributors in Tucson.

There is also this....

Quark - How to Make It and Where to Get It - German Fresh Cheese

Good luck

Old 03-19-2012, 02:52 PM

1,971 posts, read 3,042,765 times
Thanks! I will give them a call.

I might try AJs, too. They seem to have a lot of random stuff I don't see anywhere else.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:14 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,746,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzz View Post
Has anyone ever seen quark cheese in Tucson?

I've been to Trader Joe's and Sunflower but didn't see it. Will try Whole Foods on Speedway next.

For the curious, It's sort of like an unsalty and low fat cream cheese. Popular in Germany. Same thing as "fromage frais" in France. Relatively easy to get a couple places in Minneapolis, where I'm from.
You might check with Dan at Dickmans Meat and Deli on Oracle, he might be able to special order it for you if you don't find any local.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:11 PM

288 posts, read 452,522 times
Quark is actually like greek yoghurt and you can find it at Costco under the name 'Fage'....I think it's authentic. Kroegers (I think that would be Fry's in Tucson, may have it too among other places)

Old 11-17-2012, 06:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,449 times
Default quark

Did you end up finding any Quark here in Tucson? If yes please do share

I have been looking for it for years and have not found any. I checked 17th street market, trader joes, sprouts, sunflowers, whole foods, ajs...

Vermont Butter and Cheese Creamery makes plain quark and you can order it online. Here is a link:

[url=http://www.murrayscheese.com/cheese/vbcc/vbc-quark-3-pk.html]Murray's Cheese - Quark - 3 Pack - Vermont Butter and Cheese Creamery - Cheese[/url]

If you search for vermont butter and cheese creamery quark youll find a few sites that sell it for about $5.

I am looking for fruehlingsquark. Havent been able to find that anywhere so far. Anyone know where to buy that locally or online?

Old 11-18-2012, 08:36 AM

136 posts, read 261,403 times
Quark cheese is actually very easy to make. I often make my own Ricotta and occasionally Mozzarella. There are many recipes online. Could work until you find what you want commercially.

Old 06-24-2017, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,619 times
Default Quark in Tucson

We are quark fanatics, especially since one of us is German born and German eating....so we searched in Tucson and found that the dairy manager at Whole Foods on River Road will order a case of six for you and even give a discount. It is the quark made by Vermont Creamery and is quite authentic tasting. Believe me, we know how important quark is to a good start of the day and thank Whole Foods very much for taking the effort to get it for us....they say it just does not sell well enough to carry it regularly. Takes them about three days to get it for us and they call us when it comes in. What service!
ZB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson