Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2013, 01:50 PM

14 posts, read 23,625 times

Advertisements

One of my friends who has been living in Tucson for quite a while, just told me that she likes to go to open houses, to see the views of Tucson. I'd like to see the views of Tucson too, but don't feel like driving around needlessly.

[sorry, no links to homes for sale allowed]

I also remember that I saw some magnificent views from the Lodge at Ventana - way at the top of one of the streets, and driving on the Catalina Highway.

Would anyone share the best views you found from the homes / locations in Tucson?

Last edited by observer53; 08-01-2013 at 02:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 04:13 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,072,580 times
this place is possibly the largest private home in the Tucson area and is in the gated Cobblestone development at the N end of Campbell....city view at 0:23!...no open houses, though!

Campbell Cliffs Tucson Arizona Estate - YouTube

many similar views from other high-up houses in the Foothills....for something public, try the Westin La Paloma lobby where a very large window frames a great view of the Catalinas (not the city, tho)....or drive up "A" Mountain (Sentinel Peak) off W Congress at Cuesta....or Windy Point 14 miles up the Catalina Highway....

Old 08-01-2013, 06:00 PM

14 posts, read 23,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
this place is possibly the largest private home in the Tucson area and is in the gated Cobblestone development at the N end of Campbell....city view at 0:23!...no open houses, though!

Campbell Cliffs Tucson Arizona Estate - YouTube
Thanks, azdr0710! I completely forgot - I read a report about Campbell Cliffs at: http://www.infomarketingblog.com/How...ngBlogcom).pdf

Was it ever sold?

The difference in price is quite huge of course - $825,000 vs $17,500,000!

Quote:
many similar views from other high-up houses in the Foothills....for something public, try the Westin La Paloma lobby where a very large window frames a great view of the Catalinas (not the city, tho)....or drive up "A" Mountain (Sentinel Peak) off W Congress at Cuesta....or Windy Point 14 miles up the Catalina Highway....
La Paloma view is OK. I prefer city view, though. And I have never been on the "A" Mountain. Is it worth driving there?

Old 08-01-2013, 08:36 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,072,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S. View Post
Was it ever sold?
last I heard, an auction company tried to auction it off earlier this spring for a minimum $8.9M...no takers....the fixed expenses on that place would have to be more than $12K/month.....it might still be owned by the original builder/owner and has been for sale ever since completion, I think....very good-looking building....

yes, "A" Mountain/Sentinel Peak is pretty nice...270 degree views of the entire Tucson basin and very easy to get to....

Old 08-02-2013, 04:26 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,332,468 times
Are you looking for a view of Tucson, the city, or a view of the mountains that surround the city?

Old 08-11-2013, 11:59 PM

67 posts, read 224,537 times
The Target on oracle in Oro Valley has an AMAZING view. Honestly, all of OV has great views of the mountains. I can't tell you how many times I've been to the Oro Valley Wal-Mart and I've seen people standing in the parking lot, taking pictures of the mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson