Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 10:27 PM

105 posts, read 227,712 times

Advertisements

Thanks all for the responses, This is Barbara of Barbara and Sownman. I feed most of these smaller species. I go to a bird society meeting, mainly for parrots but I get my perfect supply of 25 lbs of fine bird seed for everywings flavor. It will be great to meet all the other species and try to feed a roadrunner. Meatballs, is that with Italian sauce and pesto. HAHA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 09:22 AM

112 posts, read 273,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sownman View Post
Thanks all for the responses, This is Barbara of Barbara and Sownman. I feed most of these smaller species. I go to a bird society meeting, mainly for parrots but I get my perfect supply of 25 lbs of fine bird seed for everywings flavor. It will be great to meet all the other species and try to feed a roadrunner. Meatballs, is that with Italian sauce and pesto. HAHA

I was going to mention Roadrunners, but see you just did . I let the birds and wildlife be and don't have any feeders out. In our yard we get the Doves, a female Roadrunner, and quite a few other bird species. Knock on wood so far no Rattlesnakes, but have experienced a few Scorpions (1 inside the house ~ BAM got him in one fell swoop and sent it to bug heaven ~ and 3 outside)..."Hey Mr. Pest Control Man" .

Hey, something to think about is... Ya gotta be careful about bird feeders because that leads to seeds dropping, which then brings in the rats/mice to pick up after the birds and the rats/mice then bring in the rattlesnakes/scorpions to get the rats/mice. It's a life-cycle here.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:24 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,277,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sownman View Post
Wife and I are contemplating a move to Tucson and I have a question for my wife....

She enjoys bird feeders and observation. In LA area she gets hummingbirds and doves and finches and Jays. What can she expect in Tucson ?
The Tohono Chul Park just south of the Oro Valley offers docent-led bird walks starting around 8:30 am on Monday mornings. It was well worth the 45 minute drive out there.

We have seen at least five different varieties of hummingbirds in the last week in Green Valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson