Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2014, 01:28 PM

17 posts, read 22,669 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions on where I could find [Nice] Affordable Apartments (up to $1,100 monthly) for 3 bedroom, 2 bath. I would like to have a pool, maybe a washer/dryer in apt. in a SAFE area. we are from midwest, moving to tucson area in 2015-2016 and know nothing of the area except it is HOT THERE and it has LOW HUMIDITY, that is our purpose for moving there. We no longer want cold & snow. We have heard it is cooler there than phoenix and we want to be Close to Shopping, Fast Foods, Doctors, Hospitals, Entertainment, etc. Can Someone that lives in that area please respond to this and inform us of some information that we could use to help us to decide which area to move to? We have no idea where to look for such things. We make about 30K a year. My wife & I have 1 daughter and she will be going to college there. Are there any Nice Mobile Home Communities around there and what are there names? We Thank you all in Advance for your help in this matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 02:37 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
There are some nice mobile home communities but they are typically 55+ and for the most part designed for retirees. There are some smaller parks around with older single-wides but they wont typically have a pool. There are some manufacture home parks south of Ajo way but they wont be safe. I would assume you want to be near the U of A. I would look for something east along Speedway or Grant. I would be looking at townhomes or apartments. Do a search through Tucson Association of REALTORS, MLS

Old 08-31-2014, 02:49 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,321,693 times
Is there some reason you want a mobile home community? There is certainly no need to live in one on your budget. Also, you ask about an apartment. Even if you aren't wishing to buy at the moment, you could rent a nice house for $1,100 in the safe NW suburban area, perhaps even one with a pool. If you prefer an apartment for the convenience of having landlord to take care of everything, there are myriad choices also in the suburbs that would meet your needs. A three-bedroom in a new, luxury complex in a top neighborhood would run you around $1,500 a month. But you can certainly keep to your budget in a "normal" complex in a safe area.

There are multiple houses on this list within your price range in the 85742 zip code. That would meet all of your requirements for budget, safety, and amenities. If they don't have a pool, the Y in the 85742 zip is the biggest, best one in metro Tucson. If you rent in Oro Valley, it has a world-class Aquatic Center.
http://www.homes.com/rentals/oro-val...ential/?beds=3

A Google search will give you a comprehensive idea of the apartments available in your price range. Most of the three bedrooms on this list are in perfectly safe areas. If you stick to the suburbs, you'll likely avoid a place where students are sharing.
Apartments for Rent in Oro Valley, AZ - 136 Rentals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson