Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 09:17 AM

42 posts, read 48,591 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me more about Picture Rocks? Our move to the area is getting closer, and I'm really trying to narrow down my search areas for houses. The Picture Rocks area seems very beautiful and kind of natural and wild. We are looking for a decent size property (1 acre+) and an area where we have some natural desert beauty and mountain views around us.
We don't mind a modest home and nice manufactured homes are fine. We will skimp a little on the house to have a great property.

Is this area fairly safe? Is there a lot of drug problems there? We have a 12 yr old and a 13 yr old. We homeschool, so the quality of the schools isn't a huge concern, but I don't want to move into an area "known" for having significant problems.

If this area doesn't seem to be the best for what we're looking for (1+ acres, mountain views, natural desert, modest home in a safe place), can anyone give suggestions for a better place to look? We would like to stay under 200,000. Searching online shows quite a few places with enough property and a decent house in this price range, but I just want to make sure the area is good.

Thanks, folks!! I've learned so much on this forum, and truly appreciate people taking the time to help someone anxious to find a good place to live!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 12:35 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
Has anything in particular changed since you posted an almost identical question in March?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/tucso...re-your-2.html

You got some good replies there; in fact more than an average number for an area with a population as low as Picture Rocks. For information on Marana in general there are plenty of threads on Tucson C-D about Marana since it is one of Tucson's largest and fastest growing suburbs. I'd suggest you go to the "Search Forums" box at the top of this page. Click on "Advanced." Put the word "Marana" in the "keywords" box. Leave the drop-down menu below it marked as "Search entire posts." Then go below to the Search Options section and highlight "Tucson" under Arizona. Uncheck the "Also search in child forums" box. Then go to the bottom of the page and hit "Search Now."

You will find all the threads that discuss Marana.

Also, you might be helped tremendously in your search for a home if you contacted a Realtor. You can interview them without any obligation of your employing them.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:09 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Without a doubt, Teak . . . plenty of Natural Beauty in and around Picture Rocks.

However, are you prepared for the "remote lifestyle?" Living Off The Grid can be stylish as well as frustrating and aggravating at times (issues with water, electricity and the other basics) and very possibly the "in" thing to do for adults, but kids need and want socialization much the same as Dogs.

Welcome to the Desert Southwest and Good Luck but my suggestion would be to postpone your "au-natural lifestyle" until after your kids have moved on or at least try renting as Pantano has suggested to get a better feeling of the area.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:56 PM

Thanks for the responses, guys. We

Old 05-02-2015, 02:21 PM

685 posts, read 719,752 times
Have you looked into Sahuarita or Coronado De Tucson? There are some nice properties with acreage out in that area.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:52 PM

Thanks Beckerd2, I will check those areas out. They are south of the city, right?

Nothing has really changed about our situation since my earlier post, Jukesgrrl, except that we are closer to getting out there. Your response to my last post was very helpful, but I didn't get too many other responses from people who are familiar with Picture Rocks. I also read some threads about crime in the area and wanted to ask more about that.

Bummer, we live in a small town quite a ways from stores and other conveniences, so we're kind of used to that. The kids get socialization through homeschool groups, and there seems to be several in the area.

Pantano, thanks for your overview of the area. Anyone else out there who can chime in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson