Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 09:35 PM

93 posts, read 143,507 times

Advertisements

Just came back from 3-week training session in the Tucson office, blah, HATE Illinois!

Came back to drury, disgusting, cloudy, rainy weather.

Tucson was so nice, even with 110+ temps, felt great, especially hiding in the A/C during the day, but once the sun sets, it's gorgeous.

Can't wait to finally move, house been on the market for 2 weeks now, no interest so far...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 01:53 AM

29 posts, read 42,718 times
Check out www.airbnb.com if you haven't already. There are tons of houses, condos, rooms, etc available in the Tucson area. We are moving out of the area in August. Our house closes July 17. We need to enter into temporary housing for about 25 days before departing. We found a two bedroom condo in the Catalina Foothills through airbnb. It is a great community and you can see the ratings of all the properties being rented and their owners. You can negotiate length and even price during this season as it is so hot here, many people do not seek out Tucson as a destination this time of year. Especially if you are going to be renting long term and owner would probably be happy to have something so steady and negotiate the price. It is worth a look.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:48 AM

42 posts, read 48,599 times
Thanks, Noah! I will look into that.
Shpitz, glad to hear you didn't find Tucson's heat too unbearable! I do wonder about that somethimes... But amount of rain we've gotten in Illinois the past few weeks is INSANE, and it's brought out a bumper crop of retched mosquitoes around here!! Good luck on getting an offer on your home! We haven't listed ours yet.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:48 PM

93 posts, read 143,507 times
Thanks teak. We're anxious to get the hell out of IL. It is ridiculous how much rain fell in the past few weeks, I concur.

Nobody likes 110+ degrees, but you just hide in the shade/AC for a while, then it's so nice.

As I tell my fellow Illini, i'll take 110 over -30 ANY DAY OF THE WEEK

Old 04-05-2018, 02:58 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Instead of starting a new thread for info on short-term rentals, I did a search and found this. Not sure how much of this info is current, but I'll try Rob Alvarez and Barbie Christmas to see what they have available.

My house is up for sale here in Las Vegas, know not when it will be sold, but after the sale I'll have the cash to buy something decent down there. My dream was to buy something, sight unseen, before moving there and I did a Pre-Qual with Long Realty but I don't qualify because I don't have a job lined up there. I'm retired and really I won't need a job.

Currently I have some social security income ($1077 after the Medicare deduction) and I'm still working a few nights a week, and I was told I'd be better off trying to get pre-qualified for a 2nd home instead, as long as I'm employed. Whatever!

My dream was to buy something there, back my U-Haul truck right up to the property, move in, and be happy, without the dreary prospect of renting, putting things into storage, moving again. And I have a couple of ferrets coming along which will complicate matters for sure.

I'm still holding out for a Pre-Qual for a 2nd home.

I've been wanting to exit Las Vegas and move to Tucson since 2007, just when the housing market crashed, sending the value of my townhouse plummeting from $200k to the low $30's at the height of the crash. My place is currently listed at $135k, and I see there's some decent offerings up to that price range.

I'm not fussy, one of the reasons for leaving here is the escalating HOA dues so my preference is to go HOA free or very, very low HOA dues.

I'll check out Airbnb as well.

Any other more current recommendations?

Old 04-05-2018, 11:10 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
I just got on Apartment Finder and I see there's a whole slew of apartment buildings that will rent to you for just one month or 2 months or whatever. That's certainly a load off my mind! There's a complex on 1700 North Wilmont which looks good, and they won't even charge me deposits or monthly fees for my 2 ferrets! Perfect! I believe the place is called Sycamore or Sienna Ridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson