Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2015, 08:43 AM

700 posts, read 919,347 times

Advertisements

Have to go by there the next visit to Tucson. Close to Cherry Field.

Funky location doesn't hurt Roma Imports

"...By Patty Machelor

Forget “location, location, location.”

This Tucson establishment — part restaurant, part catering service, part grocery store — is out of the way enough that newcomers might need a GPS device to find it.

But that doesn’t hurt Roma Imports in the least. This international eatery, at 627 S. Vine Ave., is almost always packed..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 01:32 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilmaWildcat View Post
Have to go by there the next visit to Tucson. Close to Cherry Field.

Funky location doesn't hurt Roma Imports

"...By Patty Machelor

Forget “location, location, location.”

This Tucson establishment — part restaurant, part catering service, part grocery store — is out of the way enough that newcomers might need a GPS device to find it.

But that doesn’t hurt Roma Imports in the least. This international eatery, at 627 S. Vine Ave., is almost always packed..."

You will need a GPS to find the place. It sits in an industrial park that is behind the main Cox Communication facility south of downtown.

As for it being packed, that has NOT been my experience the three times I have been there. In fact, I have showed up at 1 pm to find that there are maybe 3-5 people eating there. The place has no real ambiance and may hold maybe 60 people MAX on long tables like you find in most church dining halls.

They do a pretty decent carryout business and sell a lot of "take home and reheat meals. The food all looks pretty good.

The pricing is pretty steep by Tucson standards but is pretty similar to what I would pay in the City of Chicago (which is generally 25% higher than Tucson). The food is good and worth a visit.

Their major claim to fame recently has been their special dinners that they hold about monthly at $45 a head. Generally, they sell out about a week in advance.

Old 09-13-2015, 03:09 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Sounds like one of those Good Food/BAD Location type of places.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:52 PM

Personally, I think it's an interesting location; really, a historic area: Barrio San Antonio https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrio_San_Antonio

Roma's just southeast of the Lost Barrio shopping district and directly south of the UA Motor Pool. The UA is moving into a lot of those places around there; and there are trendy spots like Barrio Brewing just east, which I have been to a couple of times. They always play UA games. I like the industrial flavor; love driving around in there to see what's there. And I think it's kind of an up and coming area.

Here's a map with Roma's location: http://tinyurl.com/p9snevf

Last edited by WilmaWildcat; 09-13-2015 at 08:03 PM..

Old 09-14-2015, 06:57 AM

Oops, I meant west; Barrio Brewing is west of Roma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson