Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2017, 06:15 PM

80 posts, read 112,366 times

Advertisements

Hi.

I need a simple map of the Tucson airport that shows how to get from short-term parking to Delta's baggage claim area.

I have looked at the map at the airport web-site, but I can't figure out where the parking area is.

I haven't had to pick anyone up at the airport in several years and I imagine it has changed a lot. Any suggestions and/or links would be most welcome.

Thanks
Jann
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 07:09 PM

89 posts, read 146,160 times
I'm not really sure you do. You park in the parking lot and you're right in front of it, looking right at it. It's not a big airport. It's pretty great.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:19 PM

757 posts, read 838,324 times
Google Map it. Earth view. There is a lot of signs. Also, there is a cell phone waiting lot in event you do not care to park and pay. Just wait there until your party calls and that they have their luggage. Tucson airport is very nice.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:52 PM

406 posts, read 624,029 times
What about doing a dry run before your party is scheduled to arrive? Either that or get there very early on the day of the flight in case you get lost. Apparently the Tucson airport is still small, combine that with signage and technology to communicate with your party, I doubt there is much to worry about.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:58 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,064,630 times
if your party is physically capable of getting its luggage and bringing it outside to the arrivals curb, park in the "cell phone waiting lot" and wait for their call that they are out there......then drive to the arrivals (lower) level and look for the Delta sign (or look for them to flag you over).....you don't need to park unless you want the ceremony and ritual of meeting them inside as they descend the escalator......

if you must park and go inside, follow signs to hourly parking as you approach the airport (left lane), push the green button and get a ticket, drive a ways to the center area of the parking lot directly in front of the terminal and park, walk toward the terminal and look for signs for Delta on the lower level (arrivals) that will direct you a bit toward the right

Old 07-04-2017, 12:30 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Short term parking will almost always be the closest to the terminal, depending on the airport. Just follow the overhead signs. Like someone else mentioned, just use the cell phone waiting lot and wait for the people you are picking up to call/text. Plus there is no "Delta's baggage claim area", all the airlines share the various baggage claims. If it's a Delta flight, it would most likely use baggage claim 1, 2, 3, or 4, but could also use 5, 6 or 7 all on the ground floor.

Old 07-04-2017, 01:28 PM

80 posts, read 112,366 times
Wow! You guys are terrific!!! I knew I could get some great answers here.

I will show your replies to my husband and see which seems to him the easiest for me to follow when I come to pick him up.

That cell phone waiting area is new since the last time we went to the airport. That may be the best solution.

Many many thanks to all of you.

Jann

Old 07-04-2017, 04:08 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,799,667 times
JannAZ, Cell Phone Parking sounds like the best spot for you. If you take Valencia, turn on
Plumer Ave (It’s a small street. Best find it via GPS).

At Airport Drive (on your left when on Plumer) make a left. The Cell Phone Parking will come up fairly soon on your left.

To pick up your passenger, make a left out of the lot and your first right, which, if memory serves, puts you right on to the lane for arrivals.

Best of luck,

Rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: