Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 02:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times

Advertisements

Some time ago I did research on this and found a company I was gonna use, but then got busy, my computer crashed, and I lost all e-mail exchanges with them as they didn't have much info on their website. I remember whereabouts it was, but it's in a residential neighborhood - apparently it's done out of somebody's house. Costco started doing this, but I'm not comfortable sending unique tapes to their processing center in CA.

Now I'm back to square one and decided to pick your brains, just in case somebody's done this in town and can recommend a place.

Oh, if you know of a place repairing old camcorders (those with hi8 tapes), that'd be great, too. It's gonna be a lot less expensive if I can have the camcorder repaired actually.

Last edited by sierraAZ; 11-23-2008 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 10:17 PM

31 posts, read 111,382 times
I used this place to transfer a bunch of VHS to DVD. They were excellent. Not sure if they do the Hi8, but it's worth a shot. They are off Pantano and 22nd. Visual Images Productions - Tucson Wedding Videography

Old 11-24-2008, 01:05 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,233,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Costco started doing this, but I'm not comfortable sending unique tapes to their processing center in CA.
Now you have us wondering what's on those tapes.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyval View Post
I used this place to transfer a bunch of VHS to DVD. They were excellent. Not sure if they do the Hi8, but it's worth a shot. They are off Pantano and 22nd. Visual Images Productions - Tucson Wedding Videography
Thank you so much. I'll give them a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
Now you have us wondering what's on those tapes.
Nothing of the nature you think. This is the only footage I have of my late parents and I can't afford to have it lost.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyval View Post
Wow, that was a good lead Shelly! Thanks a million!

I just called them. The do it and they have an office and it's even conveniently located for me! The price sounds reasonable, too, based on my previous research I lost.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:45 AM

1,046 posts, read 3,483,278 times
I would just burn them to your computer and then make a DVD yourself. Free programs galore on the net you could you use.

I suppose if your VC isn't working that option is out for you.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
I suppose if your VC isn't working that option is out for you.
That's the problem. The camcorder doesn't work. If it did, I would've probably dragged my feet for years until those things become completely obsolete. Besides, I'm very technically challenged.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:39 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,233,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

Nothing of the nature you think. This is the only footage I have of my late parents and I can't afford to have it lost.
I wasn't even thinking that, now you tell me who's mind was in the gutter? lol

In all seriousness I hope your able to get them transferred.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I wasn't even thinking that, now you tell me who's mind was in the gutter? lol
And what were you thinking then, pure innocence, if my mind in the gutter may know?

Quote:
In all seriousness I hope your able to get them transferred.
I even dropped them off today. Thank you so much, shellyval! Very nice people, too! I mentioned somebody recommended them to me and the guy wanted to know who it was. Well, I said, I really don't know as I got the recommendation on a forum. He was curious and checked CD and the thread while I was there! We may get a new member. I told him if nothing else at least his business will show up pretty quickly if somebody does a search on this topic. CD seems to have a pretty good relationship with google.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:57 PM

31 posts, read 111,382 times
I'm glad it worked out, Sierra.

I, too, did not want to send my videos off somewhere because they are the only videos I have of my husband, who died a couple of years ago. It was great to hand it to a local business that does the conversion on site. They even fixed my broken wedding video so that it could be transferred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: